Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 02, 2024, 09:03:57 AM

Do you care about canon?

Yes
26 (63.4%)
No
15 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Do you care about canon? (Read 3,559 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yes but sometimes they do become rigid  :laugh:

I voted yes. I don't want a wildly inconsistent universe.

I even used to avoid all EU because I couldn't consider it top tier canon.

But now I'm more laid back about it. As soon as you've got random eggs popping up on the Sulaco you've gotta let the odd thing slide.

Even if continuity ended up wiping out Alien 3 (ala Blomkamp) I think I could live with it and still enjoy Alien 3 on its own terms. If Romulus or Hawley negate Prometheus/Covenant I'd live with it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm still not sure how Hawley's show would ignore the prequels explicitly. More doing his own thing without referencing them I think.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 13, 2024, 11:45:33 PMI'm still not sure how Hawley's show would ignore the prequels explicitly. More doing his own thing without referencing them I think.

Ignoring the black goo, for example. Just as Ridley Scott avoided the Queen.  They're usually smart enough to leave things open. And then we have to try to make it work in our own heads.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 13, 2024, 11:45:33 PMI'm still not sure how Hawley's show would ignore the prequels explicitly. More doing his own thing without referencing them I think.

Aliens existing pre-Alien, for starters. It wouldn't knock the prequels out of continuity, but it would retcon Covenant's intent in having David create them.

SiL

SiL

We still don't know if they ended up with that timing though.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah presented like that, I'm all for it, but it's still very obscure for now.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

No. I don't care about canon. Not really. I take each film as it comes. No point in trying to make sense of everything - you'll only drive yourself insane.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed