Alien Celebration: Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 Screenings with Q&A

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 13, 2018, 09:40:38 AM

Author
Alien Celebration: Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 Screenings with Q&A (Read 4,678 times)

Corporal Hicks

For our UKian members. Shevvie and I have booked our tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/events/173439266607831/

QuoteOn Sunday the 28th of October 2018 The Festival of Terror Presents a celebration of all things Alien! A full day of Alien goodness with special content to be announced soon! Also there will now be a Q&A from some of the Alien 3 Cast, first to be announced is Peter Guinness.

12:00pm: Alien (18) In deep space, the crew of the commercial starship Nostromo is awakened from their cryo-sleep capsules halfway through their journey home to investigate a distress call from an alien vessel. The terror begins when the crew encounters a nest of eggs inside the alien ship. An organism from inside an egg leaps out and attaches itself to one of the crew, causing him to fall into a coma.

2:30pm: Aliens (18) After floating in space for 57 years, Lt. Ripley's (Sigourney Weaver) shuttle is found by a deep space salvage team. Upon arriving at LV-426, the marines find only one survivor, a nine year old girl named Newt (Carrie Henn). But even these battle-hardened marines with all the latest weaponry are no match for the hundreds of aliens that have invaded the colony.

5:30pm: Alien 3 (18) Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is the only survivor when she crash lands on Fiorina 161, a bleak wasteland inhabited by former inmates of the planet's maximum security prison. Once again, Ripley must face skepticism and the alien as it hunts down the prisoners and guards. Without weapons or modern technology of any kind, Ripley leads the men into battle against the terrifying creature.

8:00pm: Cast Q&A.

Tickets priced £37. Additional content may be announced at a later date.

Valaquen

Eight hours of non-stop ALIEN! Hope you don't get a numb bum.

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent!

I expect a full report Corporal Hicks.

The perfect marathon. <3

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 13, 2018, 10:35:39 AM

I've done Alien to Res before.  :laugh:

If there's anything of interest I'll try to remember to report back!

The Old One

The Old One

@Corporal Hicks, is there a have decent Alien Wiki? Aka, one that doesn't include ACM.

Corporal Hicks

Xenopedia is the best. Still includes ACM though, I'm afraid.

Whiskeybrewer

Excuse me while i check my bank account

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2018, 11:18:14 AM

They ought to separate some articles into canon and non-canon.

AVP, AVPR, ACM, 2014 Novel Trilogy, etc inclusive articles and "No bullshit." -(Dutch Schaefer) canon articles.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2018, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 13, 2018, 10:35:39 AM

I've done Alien to Res before.  :laugh:

Backside of steel. I think I would be restlessly squirming in my seat halfway through. Hope you guys have a blast.

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 13, 2018, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2018, 11:18:14 AM

They ought to separate some articles into canon and non-canon.

AVP, AVPR, ACM, 2014 Novel Trilogy, etc inclusive articles and "No bullshit." -(Dutch Schaefer) canon articles.

We do try to seperate canon information from non-canon, so long as it can be proved as such (and in the past Fox was not very forward on that) but there are a lot of pages to go through, other than that we just try to keep it as informed as possible even if it references EU material or a novel counterpart of a movie.
ACM was originally considered canon when it was in development but I think Fox now ignores that.
The previous EU is now non-canon as fox resetted that a while back when the Shadow trilogy was released, which was supposed to a new more coherent EU, and it seems even the newer comics and novels may not be canon now since Covenant contradicts them. Canonicity is a mess, ulitimately as a wiki, we just try and make all information about the franchise available, whether its canon or not because either way it is still important. But if something is certainly non-canon, there is usually a tag saying "non-canon"

The Old One

The Old One

With great respect to your work on the Wiki, it's just irritating and makes me sigh deeply when someone links to the Cpl.Hicks page for instance and says that the details regarding ACM means it's canon. Or the contradiction of Michael Bishop wanting the Queen in Ripley and his behaviour, if he already had full access to the Derelict on LV-426. Or the 2014 Novel Trilogy stuff being included in Ellen Ripley's biography.

It means I can't just link to Michael Bishop's page when someone asks who he is,
I have to inform them to ignore part or parts of the page.
& That's a shame IMO.

The Cruentus

It is frustrating for us too as neither me or Leigh particular likes A:CM or what it did to franchise but we have to be objective and include the info as back then it was canon. Now if it can be 100% confirmed A:CM is now non-canon and not just that "fox is ignoring it" as I think that is what it is so far, then said information in those pages can be moved to a non-canon section or at least have a tag saying "the following information is non-canon", which is what some others wikis do when information in article is from a source that is non-canon.

Honestly I am not even sure what is going on anymore with the canon.  :laugh:
Don't forget that in the end, we are a wiki, not an in-unverse report like the weyland-yutani report book was, which means we do have to have information on everything to do with the franchise(even monstrosities like A:CM and AVP-R) and not just the things that "happened" in the main continuity.

The Old One

The Old One

If I was in your position, honestly?
Everything other than the military equipment present in ACM would be removed from the Wiki.
However some non-canon content can still be worthwhile.
In that respect if it blatantly contradicts the films; it's worth keeping a record of an I applaud you, Leigh and SM for doing so.

I actually have a couple text document on everything I consider canonical on my PC.

One document contains, just the mainline essentials,
the other is constantly in a state of fluctuation as it includes compatible EU stories.
For instance, nothing at the moment contradicts Salvation; but should events in the mainline media outright contradict it,
it would be removed from that expanded universe timeline. In the same way I would handle a Wiki.

SM

Fox is never going to detail what's canon and what's not.

But A:CM is not.

Local Trouble

Fox won't, but Disney might.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed