Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,636 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yup, it was very clever. It couldve been a different planet easily, and it was as hostile as LV and Fury and as remote and deserted. Great setting too, worked great for isolation feel in The Thing and so I was and still am very pleased with Antarctica

Stans

Stans

I voted AVP:Requiem

for me avp is shit, stupid ideas, fat predators with humanized faces, what about the team up human/yautja? pg-13  >:( what the hell? why fox dont make an avp for childrens, pupetts of alien and predator dancing and singing, for kids and all the family  ;D

avpr is better cause there is no Miller, patetic charactaer in my opinion, the worst of the saga, avpr have more respect with the creatures, wolf is the ultimate predator, so great, and aliens this time have acid blood not like avp when scar decapite one alien and this dont bleeding,  in avpr aliens are more dangerous, they use the second mouth/tongue for kill, in avp aliens and predator are patetic and stupids, nothing have sense in avp.

avpr is R rated as it must be, avp is a kids movie like one chapter of power rangers, is the same shit

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Stans on Aug 05, 2011, 02:31:58 PM
avpr have more respect with the creatures
LOL
avpr have more respect with ONE OF the creatures
fixed

Stans

Stans

what do you mean?

is for the aliens behavior? i dont consider stupids the aliens in avpr just for be killed by humans, the rooftop scene is the same thing like the nest scene in aliens.

Kelly and Dallas kills aliens, the same thing with Ripley in the nest, she kills a lot of aliens.

or you mean the design? thats other point  ;D

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Stans on Aug 05, 2011, 03:59:15 PM
what do you mean?

is for the aliens behavior? i dont consider stupids the aliens in avpr just for be killed by humans, the rooftop scene is the same thing like the nest scene in aliens.

Kelly and Dallas kills aliens, the same thing with Ripley in the nest, she kills a lot of aliens.

or you mean the design? thats other point  ;D
I meant the scenes featuring both alien and predator fighting. The first film displayed them as equal, an unstoppable force vs an immoveable object. Whereas avpr consisted of predator killing 5 1/2 foot tall aliens who didn't fight back.

Going back to your point about acid for blood, in avpr the aliens blood would only become acidic when the plot said so (IE when it goes on a human), Seriously, wolf steps on an aliens head without the acid having ANY effect. HE WAS WEARING SANDALS!

Stans

Stans

and what if the sandals of wolf are made with the same metal of shurikens, the soles of his sandals seems to be metalics.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 03, 2008, 01:41:23 AM
AVPR is better in my opinion because it was more action pack and the visual effects where better. The first AVP movie was bad in my opinion because it was boring and it didn't have enough scenes of both the Aliens and Predators. Most of the time in AVP was based on the human characters not the Aliens or the Predators unlike AVPR which was based on the Predators and Aliens not the Humans which was better in my opinion.

After looking back at this point, I'm going to say AVP is better. The special effects in AVP where much better, the acting was bit better which is not saying much and had better characters. At least AVP had a plot unlike AVPR which feel like a bad video game.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP was one big snore fest. AvP:R kept me entertained.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 05, 2011, 08:25:59 PM
AvP was one big snore fest. AvP:R kept me entertained.

^ I support this

Milan

Milan

AVP left to many things out. We had Grid who didn't get a "final" fight/ death scene and he was a major player.
There wasn't enough creature fights, I would have liked to see all three predators in fights with different Aliens.
The team up was wrong...Lex killing the Alien would have made her a target not an ally.
And the Predators being worshipped as gods by humans in the past was ugly...
We don't need to copy Stargate or any other "brand" to give the "predator" background or a backstory,
They are original enough to hold their own ground.
They are hunters on earth hunting "big game" is all the background they ever need...

With AVP-R we have Wolf who suppose to be a seasoned veteran but acts nothing like it,
The Aliens he killed had the threat level as a stoned ewok...
AVP had Predators wrestling Aliens and I don't know why on earth a director would have a creature fight play out like that, but AVP-R felt like "fixed fights"...

Still in overall I fell that AVP is the better movie.
The only good thing about AVP-R is how they made the predator look, like it's costume.
Wolf looks awesome but acts nothing like it.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Man...this is like asking if you prefer a crap sandwich or a vomit sandwich.

I can watch either one as a bad popcorn flick, but I can't give either the respect that I give the Alien and Predator movies separately. They both screw the pooch by placing events in the current day...I think that's the biggest problem.

AvP does less damage to the Alien franchise by placing the events in Antarctica, but conversely damages the Predator franchise by siphoning all the sadistic and "extraterrestrial" nature out of the Predator. We end up with hardly more than bulky (Predators are always seen to be muscular, but lean) human samurais with mandibles. Even the eyes are very human-looking.

AvP:R Does damage to the Alien franchise by placing the events in freaking middle America. The Aliens in the movie make the Jawas look like fierce warriors.

When it comes down to it, quite honestly, neither one feels like an Alien or Predator movie. They could have put any creature in there.

Stans

Stans

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Aug 10, 2011, 10:18:52 PM
AvP does less damage to the Alien franchise by placing the events in Antarctica, but conversely damages the Predator franchise by siphoning all the sadistic and "extraterrestrial" nature out of the Predator. We end up with hardly more than bulky (Predators are always seen to be muscular, but lean) human samurais with mandibles. Even the eyes are very human-looking.

yes, i can´t see the predator teaching to primitives how to build a pyramid, it makes the predator so friendly,  ::) i mean they aren´t intergalactic hunters? now they are intergalactic architecture teachers? ??? that was bad, stupid idea  >:(, that is the reason for i consider non-canon avp  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Divpax on Aug 05, 2011, 03:13:29 PM
LOL
avpr have more respect with NONE OF the creatures
fixed
Super-fixed.

Quote from: Stans on Aug 11, 2011, 07:45:08 AM
yes, i can´t see the predator teaching to primitives how to build a pyramid, it makes the predator so friendly,  ::)
Predators wanted us for their game... there was nothing friendly about it.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 11, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
Quote from: Stans on Aug 11, 2011, 07:45:08 AM
yes, i can´t see the predator teaching to primitives how to build a pyramid, it makes the predator so friendly,  ::)
Predators wanted us for their game... there was nothing friendly about it.
I always felt like it was out of character for the Predator...They probably stumbled up on earth while searching for suitable prey, the game has always been about the trophies, collected dureing hunting season...If they needed humans to spawn aliens, then why not drop a few eggs near a village, wait a couple of days then go hunting... If they fail then just nuke the place and start over with another  village . I don't see why the aliens would spread around the world when the first Alien movie showed us that the Alien would go into some sort of hibernation when it was done killing and the second one showed us the same thing, they didn't leave the colony when they where done...it looked like that the marines woke them up and they started collecting hosts and killing again...

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 11, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
Quote from: Divpax on Aug 05, 2011, 03:13:29 PM
LOL
avpr have more respect with NONE OF the creatures
fixed
Super-fixed.
I see what you did there.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed