3D trailer

Started by alex.isonfire, May 05, 2012, 07:02:18 AM

Author
3D trailer (Read 1,069 times)

alex.isonfire

alex.isonfire

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but i need to rant.

So, goose bumps are still fresh in my mind....
Saw avengers in 3D, yippee. But the moment I equipped my 3D glasses for trailer roll, after waiting in line 2 hours ahead of time forimax 3D, i half expected a Prometheus trailer.

So, bottome line, it was beautiful. Seeing the prometheus mid flight then land in 3D, i fully believe scotts vision. You can tell the film was shot in 3D. Meant for 3D. It was the same trailer we have all seen and over analized a million times, but no BS, i was picking out new details in the third dimension. I absolutely cannot wait to see it in 3D.

Anyone else have a similiar experience?

Eva

Eva

It looked fine to me as well (international trailer)  :)

The only truly 'pop-out' moment was Shaw looking into that mountainside crack and shining a flashlight right at you. Otherwise, the added dimension added depth to the image, which is how it should always be utilized when shooting in 3D.

alex.isonfire

alex.isonfire

Quote from: Eva on May 05, 2012, 07:52:27 AM
It looked fine to me as well (international trailer)  :)

The only truly 'pop-out' moment was Shaw looking into that mountainside crack and shining a flashlight right at you. Otherwise, the added dimension added depth to the image, which is how it should always be utilized when shooting in 3D.

Thank you for clarifying which trailer it was, I honestly forgot! I thought the non poppy, yet atmospheric wide shots were nice.
So eva, like the avengers? Or did you pay just to see the trailers then leave? :laugh:

Eva

Eva

Quote from: alex.isonfire on May 05, 2012, 07:56:45 AM
So eva, like the avengers? Or did you pay just to see the trailers then leave? :laugh:

Oh sure, The Avengers was great (and I would never attend a film at a theater just to get a glimpse of a trailer, perhaps unless David Lynch should return to the big screen with something spectacular :D )

Another thing - the exterior shots of The Prometheus made the otherwise fully CGI-rendered vessel look just that tad more 'real' with depth added to it. That's what I would expect though, when the people involved doing the effects and visuals know what they are doing.  :)

Terx2

Terx2

I watched avengers today and I saw the 3D prometheus trailer and an amazing spiderman trailer in 3D. It was beautiful. Seeing the juggernaut explode and fall down at you was amazing. It looks amazing as well. I'm gonna see it in 3D when it comes out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed