The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,979 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 12:36:45 AM
Quote from: The Old One on May 15, 2019, 12:21:54 AM
That wasn't slo-motion, or of exceedingly high quality for eight years.
That was straight trash from the end of the first Season onwards.

Walking Dead? You speak the truth sis. I can't believe I watched it for so long waiting for it to get better.

I think there was a few very good moments after season one, but i agree it was never on par with Game Of Thrones general quality, absolutely. And i aIso kept watching for a Iong time in deniaI, thinking "hey why not"... What a waste ! Did'nt happen with Game Of Thrones, even with the obvious drop of narrative exceIIence from recent seasons.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2019, 12:31:41 PM

Walking Dead? You speak the truth sis. I can't believe I watched it for so long waiting for it to get better.

I think there was a few very good moments after season one, but i agree it was never on par with Game Of Thrones general quality, absolutely. And i aIso kept watching for a Iong time in deniaI, thinking "hey why not"... What a waste ! Did'nt happen with Game Of Thrones, even with the obvious drop of narrative exceIIence from recent seasons.

Yeah brother John, that's why I was so concerned about Endgame. I was extremely worried that the Infinity Saga would end badly, messing up this overall fantastic journey. I was praying to the geek gods for Endgame to be good and finish strong. After that I said, you can crap the bed mcu, just like almost every other franchise I've loved. But just give me a good ending to the Infinity Saga. Endgame almost stumbled, but fortunately kept its footing and pulled out strong enough to give me a satisfying ending and I'm grateful.

I was hoping the same for GoT. You can screw up the spinoff series, but finish the last season of GoT strong, I said! But unfortunately, disaster imo.

Immortan Jonesy

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 01:21:35 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2019, 12:31:41 PM

Yeah brother John, that's why I was so concerned about Endgame. I was extremely worried that the Infinity Saga would end badly, messing up this overall fantastic journey. I was praying to the geek gods for Endgame to be good and finish strong. After that I said, you can crap the bed mcu, just like almost every other franchise I've loved. But just give me a good ending to the Infinity Saga. Endgame almost stumbled, but fortunately kept its footing and pulled out strong enough to give me a satisfying ending and I'm grateful.

I was hoping the same for GoT. You can screw up the spinoff series, but finish the last season of GoT strong, I said! But unfortunately, disaster imo.

I felt the same about Endgame, and whilst I might not have enjoyed it as much as the rest of you, it hit the right beats enough for me to close the Inifinity Saga, and I can move on from the MCU relatively happy.  But GoT has shit the bed completely, and I'm not even a hardcore fan like a lot of people, I've read the first book, and I've watched the show from start to finish, but now, it just feels like it doesn't have an ending.  I can never rewatch it knowing that all these great characters ultimately get destroyed within the span of a few hours of television

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 15, 2019, 01:38:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBC1lEVGDo

Oh sh*t. Jeremy didn't have an epiphany! He read my posts here two days ago!  ;D

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 01:40:03 PM
I felt the same about Endgame, and whilst I might not have enjoyed it as much as the rest of you, it hit the right beats enough for me to close the Inifinity Saga, and I can move on from the MCU relatively happy.

You and I saw eye to eye on Endgame, but it was a much better experience for me my second viewing. Hopefully it will have the same affect on you.  :)

QuoteBut GoT has shit the bed completely, and I'm not even a hardcore fan like a lot of people, I've read the first book, and I've watched the show from start to finish, but now, it just feels like it doesn't have an ending.  I can never rewatch it knowing that all these great characters ultimately get destroyed within the span of a few hours of television

I know, it's really sad. :-\

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:03:55 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 15, 2019, 01:38:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBC1lEVGDo

Oh sh*t. Jeremy didn't have an epiphany! He read my posts here two days ago!  ;D

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 01:40:03 PM
I felt the same about Endgame, and whilst I might not have enjoyed it as much as the rest of you, it hit the right beats enough for me to close the Inifinity Saga, and I can move on from the MCU relatively happy.

You and I saw eye to eye on Endgame, but it was a much better experience for me my second viewing. Hopefully it will have the same affect on you.  :)

QuoteBut GoT has shit the bed completely, and I'm not even a hardcore fan like a lot of people, I've read the first book, and I've watched the show from start to finish, but now, it just feels like it doesn't have an ending.  I can never rewatch it knowing that all these great characters ultimately get destroyed within the span of a few hours of television

I know, it's really sad. :-\

Anakin's switch is nowhere near as bad as Dany's, and this is from somebody who loathes the prequel movies.  I've seen Endgame three times now, and I like it a lot more, but the flaws are still there.  I feel the same way as I do about the drop off from Empire to Return of the Jedi.  Jedi has a lot of flaws, but not enough to ruin the movie or the trilogy.  Inifnity War is fantastic, Endgame is good. 

But GoT is a crime against art.  I hope George is going to wait for the last episode to end and then announce that the next book will be out by the end of the year.

JokersWarPig

Anakins fall to the dark side is also backed up by things in AOTC, and the Clone Wars series which fills in the gaps in the timeline.
Daenrys going mad literally just seems to happen over the course of one episode and with no real prelude to it, making it stupid and out of left field.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 02:10:53 PM
Anakin's switch is nowhere near as bad as Dany's, and this is from somebody who loathes the prequel movies.  I've seen Endgame three times now, and I like it a lot more, but the flaws are still there.  I feel the same way as I do about the drop off from Empire to Return of the Jedi.  Jedi has a lot of flaws, but not enough to ruin the movie or the trilogy.  Inifnity War is fantastic, Endgame is good.

That's a very good analogy!  100% Agreed!

QuoteBut GoT is a crime against art.  I hope George is going to wait for the last episode to end and then announce that the next book will be out by the end of the year.

We shall see...

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 15, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
Anakins fall to the dark side is also backed up by things in AOTC, and the Clone Wars series which fills in the gaps in the timeline.
Daenrys going mad literally just seems to happen over the course of one episode and with no real prelude to it, making it stupid and out of left field.

I personally don't think it's fair to viewers to have to rely on supplemental content to support and flesh out a character arc (Clone Wars), but I do agree that what GoT did is definitely more egregious regardless.   :)

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:15:12 PM

Spoiler
But BvS is better
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:15:12 PM

Spoiler
But BvS is better
[close]

Ah,  :D

A debate for another day perhaps! 

The Old One

The Old One

Only a belief for someone as insane as Euron Greyjoy. :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on May 15, 2019, 05:13:00 PM

Uh oh.

I think LSOK is turning one of his Scorpions towards you...

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

"Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is the maddest of them all"

Biomechanoid

Another visual I noticed the second time around that I missed in the first viewing is King's Landing looks different.  The mountains disappeared. The wall with scorpion turrets would not be possible looking at earlier panoramic shots of King's Landing.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 15, 2019, 05:13:00 PM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed