The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,966 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/09/mark-gatisss-role-revealed/

QuoteAfter much speculation, the role Sherlock co-creator and co-star Mark Gatiss will be taking on for Game of Thrones is a mystery no more.

The actor's casting on the HBO show was announced in July by Entertainment Weekly, but without a character name attached. After months of leaving fans wondering what part he'll have in season 4, the character has been revealed. According to his CV, Gatiss will be playing the role of Tycho Nestoris.

Nestoris is a representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos, legendary throughout the world of Game of Thrones for always getting back the money they lend. Those who fail to repay them will find the Iron Bank funding their enemies, Tyrion warns in season 3, and the Crown is in heavy debt to the Iron Bank.

Ours is the Fury: I hadn't considered Nestoris for Gatiss when speculating, but only because this introduction of the character is earlier than in the books. He's a great fit for the role, and I think his knack for dryness, snark, and intelligence will suit the part perfectly.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 08, 2014, 12:18:59 AM

QuoteAfter much speculation, the role Sherlock co-creator and co-star Mark Gatiss will be taking on for Game of Thrones is a mystery no more.

The actor's casting on the HBO show was announced in July by Entertainment Weekly, but without a character name attached. After months of leaving fans wondering what part he'll have in season 4, the character has been revealed. According to his CV, Gatiss will be playing the role of Tycho Nestoris.

Nestoris is a representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos, legendary throughout the world of Game of Thrones for always getting back the money they lend. Those who fail to repay them will find the Iron Bank funding their enemies, Tyrion warns in season 3, and the Crown is in heavy debt to the Iron Bank.

Ours is the Fury: I hadn't considered Nestoris for Gatiss when speculating, but only because this introduction of the character is earlier than in the books. He's a great fit for the role, and I think his knack for dryness, snark, and intelligence will suit the part perfectly.
Thanks, but also... that is from September. :D

Xenodog

Xenodog

That's the Iron Bank guy who joins John at the wall, right?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

First Blood

First Blood

Missed this because I was out of town. Gonna have to change that a little later. By the way - nice banner Shas. ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 08, 2014, 01:38:24 PMBy the way - nice banner Shas. ;D

Bend the knee or I'll destroy you.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 08, 2014, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 08, 2014, 01:38:24 PMBy the way - nice banner Shas. ;D

Bend the knee or I'll destroy you.

Kneel before his divine power

Vepariga

Vepariga

finally got round to watching season 4 ep, holy shit so good lol Jamie getting his hand was bulk lols.

so much win in that last part.

Valaquen

Valaquen

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 08, 2014, 06:04:24 AM

Thanks, but also... that is from September. :D

Time is irrelevant.

Shasvre

Shasvre

From the official Facebook page.

First Blood

First Blood

delicious. f**k the king.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Spoiler
Madds Mikkelson for Euron Greyjoy, please.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Hannibal needs to get cancelled first.

...which I hope doesn't happen.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 08, 2014, 06:26:54 PM
Hannibal needs to get cancelled first.

...which I hope doesn't happen.

Hopefully they would get him on a break, as they'll be doing with Mark Gatiss, who seems to have double Mikkelson's work load. There's always the fact that his screentime in GoT would amount to 30-40 minutes for a season rather than 10-14 hours ala Hannibal.

It's a dream, I can dream (I'd settle for Lars Mikkelson... but I'd love to see Euron in the image of One-Eye or Michael Kohlhaas as played by Mikkelson.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed