The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,963 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Hopefully he's a Force Ghost now.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

'Cept for the ghost bit.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 08, 2011, 02:59:03 AM
I'm really hoping Syrio comes back. Seeing him kick ass with that wooden sword... Gods...

In the book he actually lands several blows on Meryn Trant before he even reacts.  The armor saves him though.  Of course one thing I like better about the show than the books is that the kingsguard all have some martial skill.  Some of the others in the series were put in the position politically in the books and didn't truly belong.

Still Barristan is badass and could've probably killed the rest of them.

Read he, Ser Arthur Dayne's (amongst the tops if not the baddest dude in the mythos) and jaime's encounter with the Smiling Knight and the Kingswood Brotherhood (not really a spoiler since it has already been mentioned in the show and is just history at the time of series).

I'm almost hoping, since R.R. martin is so slow writing these books, that they go back and revisit some of the epic history that happened before these books kind of like they did with Sparticus when the lead got diagnosed with cancer (hopefully under situations a little less drastic).  There is so much epic win only hinted at.

Seven Companions vs the Kingsguard at the tower of joy, Rhaeger vs Robert, the kingswood brotherhood etc.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
No... They can't have killed Eddard. They can't have. They just... no. f**k.

I haven't been this absolutely crushed by a character's death in a very long time. :'(
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

This show is the best thing I've seen all year.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 13, 2011, 04:00:15 AM
Spoiler

I haven't been this absolutely crushed by a character's death in a very long time. :'(
[close]

I remember reading the books and feeling like I was kicked in the nuts when it happened.  By formula alone you just expect him to be the lead throughout the series.

NOBODY is safe in a George R.R. Martin universe.  Believe dat.  True for both side characters and POV characters.

Spoiler
When they behead Eddard in the book it's really all Jeoffrey's doing, everybody else that attempts to mentor him wanted Eddard to take the black so they can avoid an all out war with the North.  I don't feel they did a good enough job in the show explaining why Eddard went against his nature and actually "played the game,".  In the books they threaten to kill his daughter if he doesn't confess.  Interesting to note the only time he plays the game of thrones in the entire book is at the end of the first story.  And he loses.
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

i hate that Jeoffrey kid so much..  :D

Pn2501

Pn2501

Good episode but way too much whore exposition.
Spoiler
I would have slaughtered that jamie motherf**ker on the spot
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 13, 2011, 11:31:22 AM
Good episode but not nearly enough whore exposition.

Fixed X)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 13, 2011, 04:00:15 AM
Spoiler

[close]

My God...I was on the edge of my seat. Then when Joffery gave the order... :'(
I am really looking forward to next weeks scenes involving Robb and Catelyn when they find out.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 13, 2011, 08:21:02 PM
Spoiler

Further catharsis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA#

i really hate that kid now. he deserves it :P

but seriously wtf i was talking to my screen with the last episode :P wth

First Blood

First Blood

Jaime, Tyrion, Cersei and House Lannister in happier times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII#

Aeus

Aeus

Tyrion is probably my favourite character in this. He's such a boss.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 13, 2011, 04:39:11 AM

Spoiler
When they behead Eddard in the book it's really all Jeoffrey's doing, everybody else that attempts to mentor him wanted Eddard to take the black so they can avoid an all out war with the North.  I don't feel they did a good enough job in the show explaining why Eddard went against his nature and actually "played the game,".  In the books they threaten to kill his daughter if he doesn't confess.  Interesting to note the only time he plays the game of thrones in the entire book is at the end of the first story.  And he loses.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah it was more surpising that he confessed than was killed, I pretty much guessed Ned was f**ked last ep, but I thought it would be he his honor that did it, they could have laid the threat out better rather than give so much screentime to tyrions new whore, and no battle pissed me off I felt a bit robbed, my only other critisim is the number of character and how confusing it gets at times remembering names, tv and it's limited framework (whilst marginally better than film) i don't think lends well to a huge cast of characters but what can you do. That said It's definitely the best show on tv right now for me
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed