Predator vs a Grizzly Bear (Wristblades only)

Started by Bloodee Jacob, Jul 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Who wins?

Predator only equipped with Basic Wristblades
56 (82.4%)
a bloodthirsty Grizzly Bear
10 (14.7%)
They both die
2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author
Predator vs a Grizzly Bear (Wristblades only) (Read 19,582 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

Hmmmmmm well maybe the bullet explod on the Grizzly skull. It usually happen when you use (too) light high velocity projectiles on too big animals

Otherwise if the whole bullet completly went through his brain and still alive. I have no logical answers 

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 04:03:42 PM
I dislike how everyone puts the alien on a pedestal. Its not really that deadly. It has acid blood, sure, but without that a grizzly would absolutely destroy an alien.

Yes. What I could see even if the Xeno has acid blood like normal the Grizzly would still kill it and win the fight but then dies because of the acid blood. Then without acid blood the Grizzly just kills it and doesn't die afterwards. We're getting kind of off topic here but I think we can all agree a key point to the Predator killing any Grizzly with just Basic Wristblades would be stab it in the head/brain.

MadassAlex

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 04:03:42 PM
I dislike how everyone puts the alien on a pedestal. Its not really that deadly. It has acid blood, sure, but without that a grizzly would absolutely destroy an alien.

EDIT: and now the fighting starts.  ;D

From our perspective, the comics, AvPR and to to a lesser extent, the games hit the Alien down a power notch or two. You were probably introduced to the Alien through AvP media. Many of us were introduced to the Alien first, or at least were introduced to it outside the context of AvP. This franchise heavily underpowers the Aliens compared to what the films gave us.

Either way, if Aliens are resistant towards pistol rounds, there's no way a grizzly is going to damage them at all. It'd tear through that sucker like nothing.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 24, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jul 24, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
When Madass will shows up on this thread it will be +1 for the Grizzy (i'm just jocking  :D)

:P

Fun fact: I was one of the first voters for the poll, voting Predator.

If a Predator has potential to defeat an Alien in hand-to-hand combat, then it can sure as hell make short work of a grizzly.

;D BRAVO!!

BANE

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jul 24, 2010, 04:05:50 PM
Hmmmmmm well maybe the bullet explod on the Grizzly skull. It usually happen when you use (too) light high velocity projectiles on too big animals

Otherwise if the whole bullet completly went through his brain and still alive. I have no logical answers

I don't know how the bullet penetrated. All I know is that it went into the brain, and the creature was still standing. That is pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

QuoteFrom our perspective, the comics, AvPR and to to a lesser extent, the games hit the Alien down a power notch or two. You were probably introduced to the Alien through AvP media. Many of us were introduced to the Alien first, or at least were introduced to it outside the context of AvP. This franchise heavily underpowers the Aliens compared to what the films gave us.

Either way, if Aliens are resistant towards pistol rounds, there's no way a grizzly is going to damage them at all. It'd tear through that sucker like nothing.

I'm not even going by the AvP's. Sure, its resistant to the occasional pistol round, but a grizzly took a 338 magnum to the head, and 5 more before being taken down. That definitely trumps any bullet resistance the alien has ever shown in any of the original quadrilogy. Also, lets look at Grizzly strength. I quote from:
http://www.montana.edu/cpa/news/nwview.php?article=3827
QuoteThe team also tested what the bears could do to a 700-pound metal Dumpster.

"It was like a beach ball to them," Cairns said. "They could roll it over and over. It took a minimum of two people a concerted effort to tip it."

After two days of testing, Cairns and Smith came back to MSU. In less than 24 hours, Schmitt assembled the data into a computer model that could illustrate how a bear shaking a tree compared to a human.

"Our conclusion was a grizzly bear is equal to 2.5 to 5 humans in strength. I'm certain if a bear were enraged it would be much, much higher," Cairns said. "We never did get them ticked off. We didn't want to."

Lets see a xenomorph do that. Actually, after this I'm having difficulty thinking a predator could throw a 700 pound dumpster around like a beach ball...

MadassAlex

One Alien took twelve pistol rounds to the head at point blank.

And was still twitching and flailing, despite most of them penetrating.

Other took gun rounds to the body, which bounced off. One took about three or four pistol rounds to the head, which also bounced off.

BANE

Ok, it did not take 12 pistol rounds to the head at point blank range. We went over this in the Alien or Predator thread. That never happened. Vasquez missed some and others went into the body, with maybe 4-6 going into the head. The thing was certainly dead after that, with Vasquez kicking it away when she got the acid on her. And those rounds were very small, judging by the penetration holes.

TheMonolith

There's another one. An anti Xenite!

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 24, 2010, 04:15:47 PM
One Alien took twelve pistol rounds to the head at point blank.

And was still twitching and flailing, despite most of them penetrating.

Other took gun rounds to the body, which bounced off. One took about three or four pistol rounds to the head, which also bounced off.

Or convulsing (it depend if of the interpretations)
and the pistol if i remember well was a 1911 (in the case of Vasquez) 45 ACP good stopping power , poor penetration. And the other one was a customized PPK (9mm short or 7,65 brownig or the usual 9mm parabellum) only the 7,65 brownig has a (very) good penetrating potential.

EDIT "i'm not saying that the xeno would get his ass kicked by the Grizzly but i just wanted to add some informations"

BANE

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 24, 2010, 04:21:27 PM

Quite the contrary: I love the xenomorph, and I think its an amazingly deadly creature. But you people make it out to be this invincible thing...which in most cases it is, except for bullets. I love the xenomorphs.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
Ok, it did not take 12 pistol rounds to the head at point blank range. We went over this in the Alien or Predator thread. That never happened. Vasquez missed some and others went into the body, with maybe 4-6 going into the head. The thing was certainly dead after that, with Vasquez kicking it away when she got the acid on her. And those rounds were very small, judging by the penetration holes.

They all hit.

It is your word against mine and I have seen that film more times than I have had hot dinners.

All those shots were aimed at its head. Eight of those shots were made at absolute point blank with the gun directly at the side of the Alien's head. Even if we were to assume that all the original shots missed (which would beg us to question why the Alien fell in the first place), that's at least eight rounds going into its head.

And it was certainly dying after that with no chance of recovery, but in actuality, not quite dead.

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jul 24, 2010, 04:23:24 PM
Or convulsing (it depend if of the interpretations)
and the pistol if i remember well was a 1911 (in the case of Vasquez) 45 ACP good stopping power , poor penetration. And the other one was a customized PPK (9mm short or 7,65 brownig or the usual 9mm parabellum) only the 7,65 brownig has a (very) good penetrating potential.

On the other hand, .45 ACP are big-ass rounds. That's a lot of pure force, poor penetration or no.

FUZION PREDATOR

45 ACP round (230grain bullet , 270m/S)  very good "punching" or stopping power. But poor penetration because of the round nose profile of the projectile. And his pretty poor velocity.

BANE

She shoots up, and it hits the alien. We don't actually see it hit the alien in the head, but it did hit it, I admit. Then it falls on her and she's shooting randomly. Again, we have no idea if it hits the head or another part of the body or if it missed. Then she pins its head against a wall and shoots it maybe 4-6 times. So yeah, it got hit a lot, but 1) the rounds are small and have poor penetration (yet it is quite a bit of force, I admit) and 2) we don't know how many ACTUALLY hit the head and how many missed or hit the body.

MadassAlex

By your own admission, 4-6 shots have to have hit in directly in the head. At least one would have had to have hit it to make it fall, but I suspect more than one because Aliens had been seen earlier shrugging off pistol rounds like they were nothing. This is more like 6 solid hits, minimum. 12 rounds were fired in total, and I daresay most hit at that range.

TheMonolith

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 24, 2010, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 24, 2010, 04:21:27 PM

Quite the contrary: I love the xenomorph, and I think its an amazingly deadly creature. But you people make it out to be this invincible thing...which in most cases it is, except for bullets. I love the xenomorphs.

It is not invincible, but neither is the predator. They both bleed, so they BOTH can be killed, and they both have been killed.
And aren't we all forgetting the molten lead that was dumped on a runner, the WEAKEST of the adult aliens, and it still survived?
I think we are all missing the point. Dirty Harry is having a holy communion!

Oh, and the Grizzly Bear thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed