FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 148,867 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 12:01:48 PM

So what do you think of those human sized tunnels and thos gigantic chairs and consoles?
How can that work?

Airvents?

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 20, 2011, 10:50:51 AM
I think it has something to do with the giant head it opens up or something.

No, no, as Engineer1 has said before, this room and the one, where we've seen the head, are totally diferent chambers. I second  ;)

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 20, 2011, 10:55:13 AM
Head could be a hologram to :)

As well as other installations  ;D But no, it reflects light, so it's quite material thing.

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:14:19 AM
I doubt its the pilot chair room neither.
Because the console in the Starmap room has not the same design as the platform that houses the chair.

To me, it looks the same. In a leaked trailer we've seen that SJ's chair is turning around and rising up from the platform, so the platfor itself might lift up to the ceiling.

This starmap room has the entrances on both sides have a specific forms.
But what is even weirder is  that those corridors leading to the starmap are human sized and the chair in front of the starmap console is huge. How can the Engineers move around in their suits?????

Do we actually know the size of those entrances? I remeber, there is a shot from Comic Con leakage, exposing usual (left by filmmakers) chair in the frame of the entrance, in comparison to which human's chair looks tiny.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 19, 2011, 11:06:10 PM
but nowhere in any of those rumours does it say that holograph is on earth. it could be anywhere and of anything. so just my opinion but there's nothing to object to at this moment!.

and you infered it by what you said about it being designed to show humans something, but anyway, even if that is on earth it may still be depicting another system in another galaxy, we have no idea of its context at all yet, and im quite sure ridley wont be stupid enough to get our own solar system wrong!

thanks

rich

Rich, with all due respect, you are missing the "science" behind this position.  Any map, AND ESPECIALLY a map meant to explain coordinates/direction/destination to an alien race, you need to use a known point of reference.  If the Space Jockey race was leaving "clues" for humanity to follow, it's map would be based upon some point of reference, which would be easily understood by humanity.  The obvious point of "reference" would be Sol (our Sun).  Without a point of reference, from which humanity could make associations from, the map could represent ANY arbitrary stellar system.  Why is this so hard to understand?

touche, and with all due respect to you my good sir, i am NOT missing any science at all, you keep infering that this is there to explain their directions to humans when that is NOT established whatsoever, from what i can gather from the trailers and rumours i think this is on another planet, rumour is that theres a dig on another planet too. so again you keep jumping to the conclusion that this map is there to show humans the way to something when that may not be the case at all, they may just stumble across this by accident and it could be to show jockeys where to go, it may be part of the rumoured telescope/star plotting system. this could be found on another planet in the universe that the humans reach first that then leads to another planet so the point of reference may be on there for all you know.... how is that so hard to understand?.....

another point is that all these rooms appear to be connected and the actors are alll wearing suits in these areas which would suggest they are not on earth, ive never heard of anyone needing such helmets on earth apart from divers or certain pilots and they dont appear to be under water or flying an sr71 blackbird...
once again, i am certain that ridley is not stupid enough to make such an amateur mistake on what would be an important plot point, and also there's a million and one rumours on this movie, i take all with a huge pinch of salt until they're either verified or dismissed by facts.

btw, i am reasonably well versed in science and scientific method... making assumptions and jumping to conclusions is not exactly what i would deem as critical thinking...

thanks

rich

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 20, 2011, 12:18:59 PM
Because the console in the Starmap room has not the same design as the platform that houses the chair.

To me, it looks the same. In a leaked trailer we've seen that SJ's chair is turning around and rising up from the platform, so the platfor itself might lift up to the ceiling.

The chair plateform is completely round, that starmap console is an half round with the seat in the middle.
If the pilot chair was to rise from the middle of this console it would be much smaller that it seems to be.

But what is even weirder is  that those corridors leading to the starmap are human sized and the chair in front of the starmap console is huge. How can the Engineers move around in their suits?????

Do we actually know the size of those entrances? I remeber, there is a shot from Comic Con leakage, exposing usual (left by filmmakers) chair in the frame of the entrance, in comparison to which human's chair looks tiny.

The entrance you are refering too is the main entrance to the temple/ship it has the stone first door then the biomechanical door, this one is actually huge.

But check the corridor images i posted, there is a ladder, it's human sized.

Bat Chain Puller

There you have it. Clearly Ridley is plagiarizing. I think replacing Sean Connery with a lamp in Prometheus is a misstep, however.

Cage brings us emerald balls.

Fassbender brings us emerald cocks.

Can't wait to see what they pull out next.

Master

Master

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 01:03:06 PM

The entrance you are refering too is the main entrance to the temple/ship it has the stone first door then the biomechanical door, this one is actually huge. But check the corridor images i posted, there is a ladder, it's human sized

Airvents!

ThisBethesdaSea

Nicely done Rich.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Master on Dec 20, 2011, 01:12:06 PM

The entrance you are refering too is the main entrance to the temple/ship it has the stone first door then the biomechanical door, this one is actually huge. But check the corridor images i posted, there is a ladder, it's human sized

Airvents!

Could be but doubt it.

nendo

nendo

The chair plateform is completely round, that starmap console is an half round with the seat in the middle.
If the pilot chair was to rise from the middle of this console it would be much smaller that it seems to be.

The entrance you are refering too is the main entrance to the temple/ship it has the stone first door then the biomechanical door, this one is actually huge.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JQCjwJuJWlc/TiiuC2EIsVI/AAAAAAAAAx8/XYeNTuRPF7U/s1600/prometheus_set3.jpg

it might not be an enterance. in the below shot they are walking out of it into the room with the pit

Space Jockey King

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 20, 2011, 01:10:54 PM

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3972/toxinball.jpg

There you have it. Clearly Ridley is plagiarizing. I think replacing Sean Connery with a lamp in Prometheus is a misstep, however.

wounder what they are going to to pull out of the bag this time, and it aint no rabbit! :)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: nendo on Dec 20, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

it might not be an enterance. in the below shot they are walking out of it into the room with the pit

How can you know if they're walking out or walking in?

RagingDragon

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 20, 2011, 01:10:54 PM

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3972/toxinball.jpg

Once again, Bat Chain, you make me giggle like an idiot...

Gash

Gash

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JQCjwJuJWlc/TiiuC2EIsVI/AAAAAAAAAx8/XYeNTuRPF7U/s1600/prometheus_set3.jpg

Counting the rungs on that ladder, I'd guess that tunnel is over twelve feet high.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

These helmets look so pleasantly exotic...
I´m very happy with everything that appeared in these videos.
The film had a very impressive visual...Ridley hasn´t  lost his touch. :o

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Dirty Harry on Dec 20, 2011, 02:25:47 PM

These helmets look so pleasantly exotic...
I am very happy with everything that appeared in these videos.
The film is very impressive visually...Ridley hasn´t  lost his touch. :o

like... his?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed