Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,897 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 02, 2019, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:54:47 AM
The Terminator - 10/10

The only movie in its eventual series that was a perfect slasher film. The rest were action films.

Sometimes I wish there was no Terminator franchise and only this wonderful film. A perfect non-linear time loop paradigm where what happened in the past and what happened in the future has always happened simultaneously, and no matter how these characters feel they can change fate, they are just pawns playing into the hands of fate... even Skynet.

It's ironic to think the one action that would actually ensure the erasure of John Connor's existence was for Skynet to do nothing at all when it lost the war. Just don't send a Terminator back to 1984. Just do nothing, subsequently giving Kyle no reason to go back either and ultimately create the events to conceive John.

Such a great film.

I remember someone saying to me about Terminator that its one of the few films out their where the Sex Scene is important to the plot lol

They weren't lying!  It's difficult to think of another, actually.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Spoiler
Spoiler
Michael Biehn does wut in this movie?
[close]
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:57:46 PM
The Terminator - 10/10

The only movie in its eventual series that was a perfect slasher film. The rest were action films.

Sometimes I wish there was no Terminator franchise and only this wonderful film. A perfect non-linear time loop paradigm where what happened in the past and what happened in the future has always happened simultaneously, and no matter how these characters feel they can change fate, they are just pawns playing into the hands of fate... even Skynet.

It's ironic to think the one action that would actually ensure the erasure of John Connor's existence was for Skynet to do nothing at all when it lost the war. Just don't send a Terminator back to 1984. Just do nothing, subsequently giving Kyle no reason to go back either and ultimately create the events to conceive John.

Such a great film.

I remember someone saying to me about Terminator that its one of the few films out their where the Sex Scene is important to the plot lol

Team America?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 02, 2019, 03:18:54 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Michael Biehn does wut in this movie?
[close]
[close]

lol.  Still haven't watched it Wabbit?

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Nov 02, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
The Terminator - 10/10

Such a great film.

Team America?

I stand corrected.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Escape from New York

HuDaFuK

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Kids is another one of those.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Terminator: Genisys

"I know how time travel works." No movie, no you don't. In fact, I don't even think this movie knows how movies work.

Prez

Prez

Valerian
Nowhere near as good as Besson's other scifi spectacle (5th Element) but still enjoyable. Visually stunning and I love Besson's visionary aliens.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2019, 04:19:43 AM
Terminator: Genisys

"I know how time travel works." No movie, no you don't. In fact, I don't even think this movie knows how movies work.

:laugh: My thoughts exactly.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Nov 02, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
The Terminator - 10/10

Such a great film.

Team America?

Lmao

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 04, 2019, 01:42:48 AM

Kids is another one of those.

Very true yeah.

Doctor Sleep
Wow, possibly for me one of the best King adapts out there. Everyone in the cast is spot on. Its a slow burner but flies by. Even better than IT Chapter 1 for me

Immortals
While enjoyable, its all visuals and little story. and what a waste of the cast

Prez

Prez

Lion King 2019 great film but yer, a re-tread that despite it's technical achievements doesn't quite capture the magic of the original.
Coco - a beautiful and surprisingly touching Pixar classic.

Huggs

Huggs

In The Heart Of The Sea (4/5)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 05, 2019, 02:34:03 AM
In The Heart Of The Sea (4/5)

I've been meaning to see this one for ages! Still haven't gotten around to it.

Huggs

Huggs

Arrival (4/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed