Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,658 times)

Nyarlathotep

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Red Heat

COCAINUM/10

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2017, 03:07:07 AM
Red Heat

COCAINUM/10

I'm not shitting on you

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 18, 2017, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 18, 2017, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 17, 2017, 11:36:57 PM
Patroits Day.

Any Good?
I personally thought so.

I might give it a go then. There are so many based on True event movies coming out lately. Its the new Superhero craze

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nosferatu (1979)

Great remake.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 19, 2017, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 18, 2017, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 18, 2017, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 17, 2017, 11:36:57 PM
Patroits Day.

Any Good?
I personally thought so.

I might give it a go then. There are so many based on True event movies coming out lately. Its the new Superhero craze
There are far too many of them nowadays that's for sure. Like I said earlier though, as long as you know what you are getting into you should enjoy it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Die Another Day

Hadnt watched this Bond film in ages and damn it hasnt aged well compared to others. The really bad CGI shots, the random camera movements and slow mo stuff, the really bad one liners.
But with some of the references in there, it did seem like someone knew it would be the last one of that era before the Craig reboot. Poor John Cleese mind lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 21, 2017, 01:37:28 PM
Die Another Day

Hadnt watched this Bond film in ages and damn it hasnt aged well compared to others. The really bad CGI shots, the random camera movements and slow mo stuff, the really bad one liners.
But with some of the references in there, it did seem like someone knew it would be the last one of that era before the Craig reboot. Poor John Cleese mind lol

That random as f**k Madonna cameo, too. :laugh:

Randomizer

Randomizer

xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017)

Overall an ok action movie but with no obvious effort for plot and the usual "gung-ho" characters. Vin Diesel's presence unfortunately didn't save the movie by much.

I'm a newcomer to the franchise so keep that in mind.

7/10

Russ

Russ

Underworld: Blood Wars. It's f**king glorious. Beckinsale and James hold it all together whilst everyone attempt to out-RADA each other - seriously... don't listen to the critics, this is just such great fun - and its no spoiler to say that there's definitely room for another Kate outing.

I really hope they do the sixth.

Suicide Squad: Extended Cut. Loved it. Like all these DCEU movies, there's a shit-tonne of DC references in there (great for the nerds). Again, I just don't get all the hate. I have to say that this was the least challenging of the three films so far in terms of being "controversial".... and I kind of wish they had gone for the original darker tone before the reshoots. But hey-ho - it was still a good film, though one I wouldn't go back to as much as I do MoS / BvS.

Split Second: I picked this early 90s Rutger Hauer classic up on DVD more in hope than expectation (I remember I loved it back in the day). Happy to say it didn't disappoint - its ludicrous, cliched and utterly OTT - but the interplay between Hauer's cop "Stone" and his nerdy side-kick "Dick Derkin" (I couldn't make that up) is brilliant.

The big bad is clearly a xeno rip - but who cares, in this movie its not a xeno - ITS THE DEVIL. Rutger Hauer vs Satan in a climate changed London (we're flooded) - with Pete Postlethwaite as the cop that hates Hauer... its awesome.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 21, 2017, 01:42:10 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 21, 2017, 01:37:28 PM
Die Another Day

That random as f**k Madonna cameo, too. :laugh:

OMG she cant act for S**T lol, worst cameo and worst Bond Theme lol

Macbeth (2015)
This film was beautifully shot, made, acted, done. My mum couldnt quite get into it, but she did enjoy it as much as she could. Fassbender was perfect as Macbeth. Shame this film didnt do better at the box office

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman (1989)

If Porkins can make Lieutenant in the GCPD, it's no wonder that Gotham needs Batman to fight crime. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For the longest time I didn't like Burton's Batmans. I watched them again a few years back and found I actually really enjoyed them. Could do with rewatching them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, I liked Returns as a kid, but now I just see it as a big mess narratively that pisses on the source material. But it gets a pass because "it's teh goth and muh Catwoman is hot!" ???

KillCrites

KillCrites

Ju-On: The Curse. This is my first 'Grudge' movie and I thought it was very awesome. Going to watch the whole franchise soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed