Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,928 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Highlander

Got the 4k steelbook. Admittedly the Italian version because that's what way announced first, and was cheaper than changing my pre-order. It's missing the audio commentaries, which is disappointing, but it's still fantastic. I love this movie, and it's never looked better.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bernie

Darkness

Darkness

I saw Smile last night. I did think it was a bit overrated. The story was just too similar to The Ring.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Lazenby isn't half as bad as people like to make out, but it's still a shame that one of the best Bond movies ever made has the weakest 007. The rest of the casting is aces though and Telly Savallas makes for far and away the best Blofeld.

Never Say Never Again

I'll probably get some stick for this, but - even more so than Lazenby - this movie is a hell of a lot better than it's reputation suggests. I'd easily rank it above a few of the Eon films. Connery is clearly having a ball, Brandauer and Carrera are excellent as the villains, the script has some really witty dialogue ("I made you all wet!" "Yes, but my martini's still dry...") and honestly I find the comedy works far more often than it does in the Moore films (a surprisingly flat Rowan Atkinson notwithstanding). Plus it's neat how this has more little touches from the novel than the original movie did, like Bond driving a Bentley or Largo being designated "No. 1" in SPECTRE despite not being the boss. All that said, something goes a bit wrong in the second half and the quality seems to drop off.

(Bonus trivia: The heavy Bond tangles with at the health spa is the same guy who gets minced by the propeller in Raiders of the Lost Ark.)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Monty Python: The Life of Brian

;D

Stitch

Stitch

Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons

Not sure what I expected from this. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. Michael Chiklis was decent as Slade, but they seemed to want to make him more of a hero than a villain. It was also badly paced; the movie seemed to drag just when it was leading up to its climax, which was weird.
Animation was good in some parts and bad in others.

A real mixed bag, overall.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Nov 17, 2022, 04:30:08 AMMonty Python: The Life of Brian

;D

"I'm Brian and so is my wife"

"Welease Woger"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blood Diamond

Not quite a great film, but I liked it. Zwick has done better, and worse.

Prez

Prez

Spirited

Actually quite good and earnest. Some genuinely funny moments.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 18, 2022, 04:09:37 AMBlood Diamond

Not quite a great film, but I liked it. Zwick has done better, and worse.

I think that's one of his best! Fantastic movie.

Smokin' Aces

Considering the cast involved, this was really underwhelming.

Kradan

Kradan

Evil Dead II

"Who's laughing now !?"

That was fun

Kradan

Kradan

Army of Darkness

What is it with these Evil Dead movies constantly retconing previous entries?

I think I enjoyed this one the most. Bruce Campbell made this movie and IMO the character of Ash Williams is more suitable for a straight-up comedy rather than a horror comedy

Also, THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK !

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It might be my favourite of the three too, but I've never forgiven them for not calling it The Medieval Dead like they originally planned.

Kradan

Kradan

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

'"Faulkner is cauc-asian" - well, they got that wrong because you're obviously white.'  :laugh:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze

"They're BABIES!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed