Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,671 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:26:01 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:23:11 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:19:10 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:15:55 AM
Well i think i'd be kinda ridicoulous to see the march of the Facehuggers...

lol. You wouldn't show them all leaving the eggs and running around in one giant clump, or like some follow the leader, with a lead facehugger(the equivalent of grid from avp. lol)

But rather some of the people looking for the hunter and his son could have been shown hugged and some more eggs would open up and it would then cut away, with the implication that about 20 facehuggers would attach themselves to hosts.
or a ship with that many eggs would make it to space jokey like....and i mean based on the amount the movie would need....

20-30 eggs is space jockey like? Last time I checked there were hundreds if not thousands of eggs on the derelict ship.
sorry bout that edited to late, they have alot mroe than that in the movie so it would require a...
MArch of the Facehuggers to "Ride of the Valkyries"

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:28:13 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:26:01 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:23:11 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:19:10 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:15:55 AM
Well i think i'd be kinda ridicoulous to see the march of the Facehuggers...

lol. You wouldn't show them all leaving the eggs and running around in one giant clump, or like some follow the leader, with a lead facehugger(the equivalent of grid from avp. lol)

But rather some of the people looking for the hunter and his son could have been shown hugged and some more eggs would open up and it would then cut away, with the implication that about 20 facehuggers would attach themselves to hosts.
or a ship with that many eggs would make it to space jokey like....and i mean based on the amount the movie would need....

20-30 eggs is space jockey like? Last time I checked there were hundreds if not thousands of eggs on the derelict ship.
sorry bout that edited to late, they have alot mroe than that in the movie so it would require a...
MArch of the Facehuggers to "Ride of the Valkyries"

actually we don't know how many aliens are in the movie, but its a moot point, since most of them come from the vomiting thing. If that wasn't used, the film would feature 20-30 aliens and the predalien. Sufficient enough to wreak havoc in the town in my opinion, as one in alien 3 was able to kill around 20 people and unlike in Aliens, no one would be expecting them while they sneak in to grab hosts.

The factor that could have added to the number of aliens mid to late mid film, would be a queen born from one of the hosts. You wouldn't have to show too many of the eggs laid by it, since it would have just started doing so, so there could have been like maybe 10 more aliens added from that. The queen wouldn't have to be the final battle, the predalien could still have been. (as it would still be a little bigger/stronger than a normal warrior alien etc.)

Know I know that props related to the queen have to be still present in ADI's workshops leftover from both AR and AVP. Just showing a few shots of the queen before its killed wouldn't drain the budget too much, as there wouldn't be any epic chases or battles that require such articulated and complex movements or cgi.
And fox should have expected that certain things are staples, essential for an alien related film. They should have given sufficient money to cover all the things fans expect to see and additional money for things from there if necessary. But you don't ok money for a predator homeworld, if you don't have money to show eggs or a queen.

Major Alan Schaefer

Honestly if the Queen had been in this i might have sighed saying "Not agian...." i love the old girl but i don't want her to become boreing, and this at least helps keep the Queen unboring

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:44:14 AM
Honestly if the Queen had been in this i might have sighed saying "Not agian...." i love the old girl but i don't want her to become boreing, and this at least helps keep the Queen unboring

well you still have a queen albeit a young predalien queen. So by that logic you should find her boring. Really defeats the purpose of using the argument that the queen has been done to death, if you make the predalien a queen. So the host the queen comes from, makes it more or less of queen? i don't think so.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:48:20 AM

well you still have a queen albeit a young predalien queen. So by that logic you should find her boring. Really defeats the purpose of using the argument that the queen has been done to death, if you make the predalien a queen. So the host the queen comes from, makes it more or less of queen? i don't think so.
Well its a Queen but a young Predalien molting into one which we haven't seen so i won't be bored by that...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:49:58 AM

Well its a Queen but a young Predalien molting into one which we haven't seen so i won't be bored by that...

except for the fact that, that makes no f**king sense. The directors and/or shane salerno should have known that you can't just make shit up that defies established canon just for the sake of being different and showing stuff that's never been seen before. There's a reason there has been 5 films featuring the aliens without resorting to that, because it f**ks up continuity and everything established about the aliens.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:55:39 AM

except for the fact that, that makes no f**king sense. The directors and/or shane salerno should have known that you can't just make shit up that defies established canon just for the sake of being different and showing stuff that's never been seen before. There's a reason there has been 5 films featuring the aliens without resorting to that, because it f**ks up continuity and everything established about the aliens.
Yea really messes them up.... here's some fake Quotes you can use to make that true
"Aliens are bound by to our current understanding...no way they could pull a fast one on us!!!" *aliens enter through back door*
Nothing they have ever said says it couldn't happen i could probably find more facts saying possible than impossible....doesn't defries it adds

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 04:58:24 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 04:55:39 AM

Yea really messes them up.... here's some fake Quotes you can use to make that true
"Aliens are bound by to our current understanding...no way they could pull a fast one on us!!!" *aliens enter through back door*
Nothing they have ever said says it couldn't happen i could probably find more facts saying possible than impossible....doesn't defries it adds

what? That was just an incoherent mess. I have no f**king idea what your trying to say with that one. lol.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

That's kind of how I feel about the Predator, he's boring, been that way since the first pred film, make him have the ability to spawn multiple clones of himself, you know just to make things interesting. ;)

Major Alan Schaefer

You Offence is that RM dones't make sense...IT'S AN ALIEN!!!! that's it's defantion it not supoosed to be compelty in our understanding its supossed to make us scared because we can't understand it, thus making it scairer

sorry botu that last post it was weirded out lol

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Sh0dan on Nov 11, 2007, 05:09:04 AM

That's kind of how I feel about the Predator, he's boring, been that way since the first pred film, make him have the ability to spawn multiple clones of himself, you know just to make things interesting. ;)
That is completely out there and makes no sense what so ever...this is at least cutting a whole in what we know and pasting itself in there....nice try thought

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 05:09:15 AM
You Offence is that RM dones't make sense...IT'S AN ALIEN!!!! that's it's defantion it not supoosed to be compelty in our understanding its supossed to make us scared because we can't understand it, thus making it scairer

Its not that the new reproduction method doesn't match up with anything in the known universe, it makes no sense because there is no need for it and no reason a young queen would do it.  Are we supposed to believe there are any number of transitional phases in a queen's lifeycle that each have radically different reproductive abilities that all phase out once that queen reaches maturity and starts laying eggs?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 05:13:10 AM

Its not that the new reproduction method doesn't match up with anything in the known universe, it makes no sense because there is no need for it and no reason a young queen would do it.  Are we supposed to believe there are any number of transitional phases in a queen's lifeycle that each have radically different reproductive abilities that all phase out once that queen reaches maturity and starts laying eggs?
Well two parts to that...one who says it can't keep puking...and second its an alien? the point is to make u beliave the unbelaviable

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 05:14:33 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 05:13:10 AM

Well two parts to that...one who says it can't keep puking...and second its an alien? the point is to make u beliave the unbelaviable

The Alien films which show an adult queen show that it can't keep reproducing by puking, as it was never done in that case. (Don't argue that it could have but was never seen doing it, as that is arbitary and unecessary retroactive insertion of a newly concocted bullshit theory into an already closed reproductive cycle, that didn't require further elaboration or expansion of any kind)

Just because something is an alien, and its a sci-fi film, doesn't mean it can do anything at all no matter how unbelievable. An alien shouldn't be able to fly, or melt someone just by hissing at him..etc., The things they do have already been established, its too late in the game so to speak to make up new shit for them in hindsight. (especially without it contradicting the other films)

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

I am sure you are just typing in words at random Major.   ;D

You need to stop, not only because it is hurting my head, but because everyone else's counter arguments are making perfect sense and yours are going back round to square one again. You are in a vicious circle trying to defend something that cannot be defended, every new counter argument you provide just leads to more contradiction and senselessness within the fiction.

:) Please don't be offended, but unless you can come up with a good solid argument with facts to back up what you are saying. Then your attempts to justify the new life cycle are just going to keep falling on deaf ears.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed