Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,658 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Horhey on Oct 30, 2007, 06:54:23 PM

P2 had some pretty memorable dialogue though.

Yes, but the sneaky part were the horrendous lines. I enjoyed big parts of it also, but there are sections a future director just should know is not the norm.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SlappyMCnasty on Oct 30, 2007, 05:03:33 PM
i HAE MADE AN ILUSTRATION OF THE ENRIRE NEW LIFE CYKLE ASPECT!!

if that was the general idea, I would accept it, but I still don't know that this it is

Dom

Highland

Highland

I'm pretty sure thats the accepted idea, the long tongue come out and places the seed down the throat.

I think its a great idea. Very creepy , Very Giger.

Master

Master

:D the nipples killed me. Truth it looks very Gigerish but I am still sad that they put third life cycle in this film. I think that it will spoil it.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 30, 2007, 07:54:41 PM
I'm pretty sure thats the accepted idea, the long tongue come out and places the seed down the throat.

After seeing that goofy edited pic, you still think it is a good idea. lol.

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 30, 2007, 08:19:36 PM

Saying that any aspect of this movie is very Giger is like saying House of the Dead is very Kubrick. I think I'm leaning more with Xhan and TheAncientEnemy on this one.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Accaris on Oct 30, 2007, 08:35:29 PM

Saying that any aspect of this movie is very Giger is like saying House of the Dead is very Kubrick. I think I'm leaning more with Xhan and TheAncientEnemy on this one.

Suprised he hasnt been called a blasphemer yet.  ::)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Inspired by Giger?  Possibly but the implenentation remains to be seen.  The overall tone of the rest of the movie does suggest to me that this might just end up like live action tentacle hentai and not in a good way.

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: Horhey on Oct 30, 2007, 08:43:51 PM
Quote from: Accaris on Oct 30, 2007, 08:35:29 PM

Suprised he hasnt been called a blasphemer yet.  ::)

Meh its less about what highlandpred said and more about what the movie looks like overall

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Giger is a genius, but every aspect of his art/designs is not compatible with an Alien film. He does some weird, out there shit, really repulsive and sometimes beautiful at the same time, but it all doesn't have to do with Alien.
I remember watching a behind the scenes thing and he was going off and saying all this weird shit. lol. He talked about in some pic, how a person in it was going for a kiss with the alien and it got his eye. Im not joking, i think its on the quadriolgy related to alien 3.
So simply saying something is gigeresque doesn't mean it belongs in anything to do with aliens just because of that.
If giger wrote the story for an alien film, im sure it would not make sense, no disrespect to him, but its not his medium, his legacy is and has been the design of the original alien, not the writing of the plot.

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 30, 2007, 09:05:04 PM
Giger is a genius, but every aspect of his art/designs is not compatible with an Alien film. He does some weird, out there shit, really repulsive and sometimes beautiful at the same time, but it all doesn't have to do with Alien.
I remember watching a behind the scenes thing and he was going off and saying all this weird shit. lol. He talked about in some pic, how a person in it was going for a kiss with the alien and it got his eye. Im not joking, i think its on the quadriolgy related to alien 3.
So simply saying something is gigeresque doesn't mean it belongs in anything to do with aliens just because of that.
If giger wrote the story for an alien film, im sure it would not make sense, no disrespect to him, but its not his medium, his legacy is and has been the design of the original alien, not the writing of the plot.

This is kind of OT... but if someone were inspired by Giger's art to write an Alien movie, and they put the right director at the helm, and got Giger onboard for design, I bet it would be one surreal, frightening/nightmarish film. That's the kind of Alien sequel/reboot I'd like to see.

Major Alan Schaefer

I doubt its going to be a magical tentacle...probably mouth to mouth...using the tounge...
Hey this looks like a Giger ideas so its posible the Bros got the idea from his one painting...

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 30, 2007, 08:57:49 PM
Inspired by Giger?  Possibly but the implenentation remains to be seen.  The overall tone of the rest of the movie does suggest to me that this might just end up like live action tentacle hentai and not in a good way.

At least we know Fox is so desperate for seats that they'll even appeal to perverts and yaoi fan fiction writers alike.

And that pic...ugh. I don't picture it like that, thankfully. I imagine that it'll probably be an embryo in a sac getting jettisoned in a burst of fluids ala Resident Evil 2.

Major Alan Schaefer

If we even see that? who knows what it'll be hopefully not to preverted. more horrific

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Alirght, I'm gonna go through the things we have known about the Aliens, from watching the movies and I added the info from AVP-R:

ALIEN (TR/DC):

-Alien eggs. They are oval and open up, via petal-like flaps at the top, when movement/host is detected. They are also transparent, when lit.

- Facehugger - Looks something like a crab. Emerges from the egg and attaches to host, by clasping it's claws around a host's face/wrapping tail around neck, implants embryo and then dies.

- Acid is the blood of the creature

- Chestburster - Infant Alien that is like a serpent. Bursts from host's body, after a number of hours, and qucikly slithers away. NOTE: Hands and arms of the burster were removed, before filming

- Skin sheds/Alien becomes full-grown in a matter of hours

- Alien appears biomechanical, with a exoskeleton, is able to stand and walk bipedial (but is also believed to be a quadriped, as shown in behind the scenes footage) has a smooth dome-head, tubes sticking out of its back, spear-tipped tail (apparently, used to either kill or paralyze it's victims), inner-jaws attached to a tongue (to instantly kill it's victim, with one strike through the brain)

- Alien likes to hide in dark places (tunnels, basements, etc) and preys on its victims with stealth (appearing behind the prey from above, sneaking up on them, etc)

-Alien is also able to blend in with it's environment

-Alien is able to cocoon hosts for egg-morphing, as a survival method to keep the reproduction going and the apparent explaination of how the eggs are created.

ALIENS (TR/SE):

- Introduces the riged heads of the Aliens, as a possible sign of age or it could be a design choice by the filmmakers

- Chestburster is seen with arms/hands

- Aliens crawl and climb on walls/ceilings and are able to swim

- Alien drones create a hive and now, the creatures are more like a colony of bees or ants

- Aliens grab hosts/cocoon them in the hive to be used for face-hugging

- Full-grown Queen Alien is introduced. The Queen appears imobiled on a egg sac, which lays the eggs. NOTE: Possible that this may also eliminate egg-morphing theory, unless this is just another alternative method to keep the cycle going.

-Alien drones stay around and "protect" the hive/Queen

- Queen is able to be detached from egg sac and run around freely, when threatened

-Queen moves very fast

-Queen uses tail to impale enemies

ALIEN 3 (TR/AC):

-An egg on the Sulaco suggests the Queen layed one final egg, without an egg sac

- A normal facehugger apparently throws acid on a cryotube and attaches to either Newt's or Ripley's face, before the Sulaco pod crashes onto Fury

- The same facehugger is still alive, after impregnating Ripley (Goes against the idea that facehuggers die, after implanting a host). NOTE: In the Alien 3 comics, the facehugger implanted the embryo in Newt, but during the crash, the chestburster crawled into Ripley's mouth.

-In the TR of Alien 3, the same facehugger attaches to a dog and the "runner" chestburster (quadriped) is born

-In the AC of Alien 3, the Super-facehugger is introduced and attached itself to an ox and the same "runner" chestburster is born. NOTE: Where was the Super-Facehugger egg?

-It is also confirmed that the Alien will take on the characteristics of it's host (in Alien and Aliens, it was unclear if the look depended on the type of host or if it was natural for every Alien)

-While still maturing, the Alien is able to spew acid from its mouth (more like vomit), as a defense method (i.e. Murphy scene)

-The Alien design has the creature with a smooth head and running around as more of a quadriped, without the tubes on the back

-The Alien is VERY fast

- The Queen is able to be born via chestburster

-Aliens will not kill hosts with chestbursters (possibly, because its just a Queen)

-Queen chesbursters have arms/hands and a crest at birth

ALIEN RESURRECTION:

-Queen rapidly grows and while in containment, it is able to produce eggs

-Aliens have no problem sacrificing one of their own to survive

-Aliens are seen swimming like iguanas, with a more flat/fin-like tail blade

-Aliens still have smooth heads and gain back the tubes on their backs, but now the design is that the creatures have bigger chins/more sloped dome

-Aliens spit a stream of acid (more projectile than the Alien3 creature) in the faces of their prey

-Facehuggers are seen leaping a great distance from eggs and onto their victims

-As a strange effect from the human cloning, the Queen is given a second reproductive cycle, which is to give birth (like a human) to a 'Newborn" (half-human/half-Alien hybrid)

-A normal chestburster has no arms/hands, but the design of the creatures head is different than previous films.

AVP: Alien vs Predator:

-The Aliens are given a special hormone, from the Predators, in order to speed up the cycle procress (which is not explained in the film, but by the director) and thus, the chestbursters are born in a matter of minutes and not hours

-Facehuggers are seen leaping a great distance from eggs onto victims (even more than Alien Resurrection)

-Chestbursters still have no arms/hands

-The Aliens can survive in very cold temperatures

-The Aliens retain the smooth head and tubes on the back, but loose the flat tail

-The Aliens can now claw at their opponents with their fingernails, as well as stab them through the chest with their spear-tipped tail (as indicated in ALIEN and seen in ALIENS with the Queen)

-The Queen still moves REALLY fast

-The Queen kills the "Scar" Predator, even though he has a chestburster

-PredAlien chestburster emerges from the dead body of "Scar", with the mandibles

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR - REQUIEM:

-PredAlien is either born a Queen or molting into a Queen. Idea is that Aliens will molt into Queens, when there is no Queen present. NOTE: Possible that this may also eliminate egg-morphing theory, unless this is just another alternative method for Alien drones to keep the cycle going.

- Assuming the PredAlien is a born Queen, this will be the first time a young, free Queen (between chestburster and full-grown, egg laying adult) has been seen on film

-New reproduction/survival method for the Queen is introduced (when she is young and roaming around freely), the Queen is able to "regurgitate" embryos (unsure if it's a liquid vomit substance, a tube to pass down the throat, or chestburster body passing) into hosts.   Method used, to (possibly) create quick Alien drones to be used to construct a hive/protect the Queen, so she can settle and start mass producing eggs via egg sac

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed