Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,679 times)

automirage04

automirage04

Honestly, I like this new idea about as much as I like the egg morphing bit from Alien - Directors cut.

Not really crazy about either but I don't think that one is necessarily worse than the other. This new way is pretty unexpected, and I think thats why it has gotten so much negative backlash.

What does bother me is that the bros seemed to have kind of ignored what the fans wanted and were hoping for... honestly my favorite part of the Aliens mythology is the facehuggers. They are the creepiest, scariest, most unique part of the films for me. This regurgitation part is not only (arguably) inconsistent but completely removes one of the best parts.

Major Alan Schaefer

Facehuggers will still be in it and for about the same amount of time

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: automirage04 on Oct 29, 2007, 01:12:17 AM
Honestly, I like this new idea about as much as I like the egg morphing bit from Alien - Directors cut.

Not really crazy about either but I don't think that one is necessarily worse than the other. This new way is pretty unexpected, and I think thats why it has gotten so much negative backlash.

What does bother me is that the bros seemed to have kind of ignored what the fans wanted and were hoping for... honestly my favorite part of the Aliens mythology is the facehuggers. They are the creepiest, scariest, most unique part of the films for me. This regurgitation part is not only (arguably) inconsistent but completely removes one of the best parts.

indeed. more facehuggers running around attaching themselves to people > than just 2.

Major Alan Schaefer

we might get more than just two...maybe FOUR!!! ;D

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: Gates on Oct 29, 2007, 12:48:19 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM
Gates i said "Alien fans" not you stop skimming start reading...

Yes but you were responding to my post thus indirectly including me in that group...but fair enough either way... :)

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM
molting makes them more complex,
no to be honest not the most amazing thing i've ever seen the mouth rape idea...but its rarely used anywhere and can work great...if you give it a chance...me i haven't desided yet i'm not condeeming it or embrashing jsut stateing how it can work

I think your missing my point, I never said that it will look bad on screen...the brothers seem to have a flare for the dramatic (which isn't bad) and they will probably make the scene out to be as shocking and disturbing as they can, thematically speaking...but as far as it not breaking canon, I can not agree... :-\

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM
I'm not going to argue with you all night, so please, if you think simple = right, state your simple theory on the matter and why this does not follow canon. I've been skimming through this thread, and I must have missed it.

I didn't have to type it out because another member already had and I agree with him...here's the quote:

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 28, 2007, 07:07:16 PM
So, in 350 years time, with scanning technology already available and perfected in Alien WITHOUT any 'hands-on' scientist interference, they could not scan the Queen and learn her morphology eyes-only, and learn her reproductory organs were different from one cycle to the other...?

How did they know she was ready to lay eggs in a 'couple of days, maybe less' then...?

It's simple, logical and carries the least variables...

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM
Remember, a mind is like a parachute. If its not open, it doesn't work. (Frank Zappa quote, not me :) )

I had an open mind, before this vomit nonsense became public, I argued the brothers would use egg-morphing while other's claimed there would be something different...then they throw us this crap idea; I surveyed the facts (canon in other films), read the opinions of others and formulated my own...call me crazy but I always thought that's what an open mind was for... ;)

Well, now that I know your stance. You believe that with scanning technology that if they can tell when the queen will lay eggs they can tell what its reproductive organs did in different cycles.

You're right, had they seen something via scanning, they would have told Perez. Therefore, they didn't see anything. Theres my one assumption. Being born a fully developed queen, ready to produce eggs, it didn't need to and couldn't reproduce this way. So if you would like to assume that they had the technology to somehow track an organism through its stages without knowing about how a queen even originates in the first place...

Go ahead.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:46:59 AM
Dreamcatchers had things which come out of the person's  body, but not by bursting out the chest, they came out the ass, hence they were called "shit weasels" in the film. lol.

Except the chest and stomach is probably the smartest area to make a creature hibernate. I always viewed the chest burst as a forced c section. I dunno wtf these other people are doing.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:15:17 AM
we might get more than just two...maybe FOUR!!! ;D

oh wow, that makes a difference. ::)
Anyway the point remains that facehuggers are an essential part of the alien lifecycle that shouldn't be minimized or neglected.

Major Alan Schaefer

try, but persoanly i like this more than the Predator ship having tons of facehuggers

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:19:10 AM
try, but persoanly i like this more than the Predator ship having tons of facehuggers

I was liking that idea.. its the cleanest. We already saw a derelict ship have tons of eggs in 1, so that fits like a glove. Easy way out.

Why is this not the reason? -_-

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 01:20:28 AM

I was liking that idea.. its ther cleanest. We already saw a derelict ship have tons of eggs in 1, so that fits like a glove. Easy way out.
are u suggesting the Bros should have cut corners?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

why? Oh wait, you must like enabling/defending the laziness of Alec Gillis and tom woodruff.
Seriously from all the behind the scenes interviews and commentary from the quadrilogy i get the sense that they are cool, down to earth guys,but at the same time they are really f**king lazy and cut corners all the time. lol.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:21:13 AM
are u suggesting the Bros should have cut corners?

No, but an easy way out rather than going the arbitrary way: puke fest.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, peronally they look like their willing to take risks insteed of doing the expected...that's when you get results not taking the eeasy route of...ship full of face huggers which i know fans would say that its stupid

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:24:22 AM
Well, peronally they look like their willing to take risks insteed of doing the expected...that's when you get results not taking the eeasy route of...ship full of face huggers which i know fans would say that its stupid

how is storing eggs anymore stupid than storing facehuggers in jars?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 01:26:26 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:24:22 AM

how is storing eggs anymore stupid than storing facehuggers in jars?
its not...the point is i know and u know if they went this way fans would say  "Why the preds have THAT many eggs on the ship." and lots of other crap

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed