Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,682 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Ash knew that plan wouldn't work they tried it and the Alien got them. he was calling it perfect more because its extreme adatably making it "one tough little son of a btich"

Tail rape....that's worse then the mouth and i like the mouth

lucan khan

lucan khan

Quote from: Wildbird on Oct 28, 2007, 08:03:40 PM
Okay, 96 pages and all I see is: "they can't", "not in this universe", "he said that in the audio commentary..." and stuff.

1st of all, when Mr. Scott was creating Alien he wasn't thinking of any sequels, he was thinking on some good shit: how this would look, how scary is this shit. Or he and his friend are having a joint and think: "Tail over Lambert's leg - scary as hell, I would shit my pants, yeah, f**king A, I gotta put this down..."

Then there was no mythology, correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole universe got wind up after Aliens, ya know comic books and stuff.

Aliens are f**king animals, ya know, they can adapt not only because they are perfect, but because it's nature and some simple lizards can change their sex if their mate is dead or gone because it is a f**king instinct to reproduce.

Stop posting all these things about bad ideas and stuff, if the directors, producers and writers think that this is a good idea, they may be right.

amen!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Okay, 96 pages and all I see is: "they can't", "not in this universe", "he said that in the audio commentary..." and stuff.

1st of all, when Mr. Scott was creating Alien he wasn't thinking of any sequels, he was thinking on some good shit: how this would look, how scary is this shit. Or he and his friend are having a joint and think: "Tail over Lambert's leg - scary as hell, I would shit my pants, yeah, f**king A, I gotta put this down..."

Then there was no mythology, correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole universe got wind up after Aliens, ya know comic books and stuff.

Aliens are f**king animals, ya know, they can adapt not only because they are perfect, but because it's nature and some simple lizards can change their sex if their mate is dead or gone because it is a f**king instinct to reproduce.

Stop posting all these things about bad ideas and stuff, if the directors, producers and writers think that this is a good idea, they may be right.

If you think there was no mythology behind the original movie, you'd be completely freaking wrong.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 28, 2007, 07:32:02 PM
My biggest problem with a lot of the ideas defending the new reproductive method is the implication that the queen needs some kind of protection and is terribly vulnerable. Even a normal sized drone alien is a pretty fearsome creature so the idea that suddenly the alien queen can't handle herself seems lame. Sure she isn't full-size, but even if she is just as large as a drone she can still hold her own.

One point to consider is that the aliens aren't always only dealing with squishy humans.  As they are scattered throughout the universe they are likely come into contact with creatures much more savage.  Considering this it doesn't seem unreasonable that the species would have this built-in safety mechanism whether or not it is necessary for each situation.  I do understand your survival of the fittest idea and how in nature sometimes things just don't work out.  For example of the queen was left by herself and was killed before she could get her brood going that would be a consequence of their nature.  For example the alien in the first movie was completely detached.  It had no hope of being reunited with others of its kind.  It was doomed to die alone.  This is perfectly acceptable without trying to come up with a molting scenario.  Sometimes the circumstances just have to be right for things to work out.  Despite this it doesn't seem to unreasonable to me that it would be instinctual for a queen to prepare a line of self-defense considering the intensity of some of the creatures it would encounter throughout the universe

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 08:10:34 PM
Regurgitating in peoples mouths is worse than tail raping, IMO.

Wildbird

Wildbird

Ash knew that plan wouldn't work they tried it and the Alien got them. he was calling it perfect more because its extreme adatably making it "one tough little son of a btich"

I don't believe in tail rape and other shit that Mr. Scott and O'Banon said, because it was so long ago, trust me, they don't remember the motives, but a lot of people keep asking dumb questions and these guys keep giving dumb answers.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 28, 2007, 08:22:49 PM
might as well say its impregnating someone with a dildo...
at least the mouth thing atually works acording to how facehuggers work and nature

Wildbird

Wildbird

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 28, 2007, 08:21:26 PM

If you think there was no mythology behind the original movie, you'd be completely freaking wrong.

It was just a sci-fi movie my friend and Ridley just wanted to make it f**king scary.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They don't have to remember their motives.  Its all written down for them by various critics and authors and told on dvd commentaries.

Just in case they forget.

TheAncientEnemy

How would have have known that wouldn't work? He was an android, not a psychic.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 28, 2007, 08:22:49 PM
might as well say its impregnating someone with a dildo...
at least the mouth thing atually works acording to how facehuggers work and nature
I'm against tail raping, it's just not as bad(or worse) than regurgitating.
In other words, I'd rather to see Chet ram it's tail up someones nether regions than see it puking in someones mouth :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Wildbird on Oct 28, 2007, 08:24:53 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 28, 2007, 08:21:26 PM

It was just a sci-fi movie my friend and Ridley just wanted to make it f**king scary.

They are ALL scifi movies with the intent to entertain.  But there was a mythology behind the original film WAY before there was one on Aliens.  The lore for Alien extends as far back as the original starbeast script.  Aliens?  Not so much.

Downright silly to say the original script was produced out of thin air without any type of history/lore/mythology behind it.

Don't ask to get your facts straight if you don't want them straight either.

Major Alan Schaefer

Ash was bacing it on facts he had...

Now with Ridley he was expanding acording to what they put in the movie and the other movies he was talking about it and saying what that could be it was an intellagant disccusion about it not some stupid OH WE WERE PLANNING IT" like you say

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 28, 2007, 07:55:15 PM
Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 28, 2007, 07:51:14 PM
Perhaps Colin will end up being right.  The creature on the right looks like the alien just puked that maggot looking thing into its mouth.  I keep going back and forth on this one.

At this point in the Alien saga Giger's paintings aren't going to really shine any light on what's happening. Being an initial artist and art consultant doesn't have much to do with what's taken place since... which I am actually happy about. Giger is an amazing surrealist, but some of his ideas would translate to film in a very silly way.

Perhaps but if someone is going to create something new I think it would be qualified if it was consistent with the origin of the design.  The essence of the alien design is Giger's work.  If a new concept concerning the alien is created and you can look back to its origin and see a direct connection to the essence or ethos of the concept it seems to me that it is acceptable or at least plausible.

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 08:27:49 PM
Ash was bacing it on facts he had...

If he had "facts" that said that Dallas was going to crawl into the ventilation armed with a flame thrower only to be taken by the alien then he surely would have also had "facts" that told him that when Ripley found him out he would have to watch his back to avoid being decapitated. You can't predict human behavior based on "facts"... not to mention Ash had no way of knowing that the adult alien also had acidic blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed