Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,646 times)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: Its Game Time on Oct 27, 2007, 03:24:59 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:00:55 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:59:05 AM
See, we can come together and make magic....or something. :)
Tell you what. I write, you direct. We'd make billions.

With your writing and ideas, you'd make billions alright, you'd make billions of angry fans  ;D Haha, just messin with ya!
You know what I'd bet money on he'd make?

Aliens 2.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
As I recall, they released the Director's Cut version in theaters for the anniversary rather than re-inserting that specific scene.

If re-releasing a movie with new scenes in it, worldwide for all the world to see, is not canon inducing I don't know what is...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Moderator Message:

I've merged the two threads about the new lifecycle. The one with the poll was starting to blossom into a mirror-image and it seemed wise to mix them before they branched off in too many identical ways.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 03:28:47 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
As I recall, they released the Director's Cut version in theaters for the anniversary rather than re-inserting that specific scene.

If re-releasing a movie with new scenes in it worldwide for all the world to see  is not canon inducing I don't know what is...
It's still not the ORIGINAL theatrical version, they only released the DC version for the anniversary. That's it. That's like me saying that because they released the DC of Daredevil just for it's anniversary, it's now canon, which it isn't.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:28:20 AM

Aliens 2.
Actually, my idea is more Alien 3 meets Predator :)

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:30:39 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:28:20 AM

Aliens 2.
Actually, my idea is more Alien 3 meets Predator :)

Good luck with that!  ;D

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 03:24:22 AM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:20:05 AM
Did you see the trailer? They facehug the hunters.

I should have added more to that statment. Maybe they are killed after they have chestbursted.
I doubt that's the case, but if it is, I'd much rather Colin & Greg resurrect the egg morphing concept rather than turning the pred alien warrior into a pseudo-queen or using this as an interim feature until it reaches maturity if it's a pred alien queen all along. At which it's growth rate is waaaayyy too slow. Especially considering the rate it's siblings developed in the first film. If it is a queen, it'd have enough sense to keep itself out of danger until a hive's established considering it's importance as a queen.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Its Game Time on Oct 27, 2007, 03:31:45 AM
Good luck with that!  ;D
Damned straight.

*slaps on helmet*

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 03:24:22 AM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:20:05 AM
Did you see the trailer? They facehug the hunters.

I should have added more to that statment. Maybe they are killed after they have chestbursted.

Facehuggers die once they implant an embryo, so of course they die.

Uncanny Antman

So, I see the negativity has died down a fair bit just as it usually does following a visit from Colin.

And, as usual, his soothing words have calmed the savage beasts, but provided little actual reason for the reassurance.

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?    

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yeah, they reintroduced it for the Director's Cut. It was still a general theatrical release and it's one which happened to reintroduce a lot of previously missing stuff.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Can't say I disagree, Uncanny. But at this rate, I'm just coming to terms with the fans who are going to think it's all cool regardless. It'll be like this for a long while.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 03:33:28 AM
So, I see the negativity has died down a fair bit just as it usually does following a visit from Colin.

And, as usual, his soothing words have calmed the savage beasts, but provided little actual reason for the reassurance.

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?   

Good post Uncanny. I really don't know what to say or think about the new lifecycle.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 03:36:52 AM

Good post Uncanny. I really don't know what to say or think about the new lifecycle.

That's because it's a bad idea.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 03:33:28 AM

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?    
I have to agree, but I'm also concerned about the portrayal of the human "birthed" warriors. Are they going to be portrayed as cunning, powerful, stealthy creatures like in the films? Or as mindless, weak, insect-like cannon fodder who's only real strength is in great numbers like in the comics and games? Especially against only one or a few preds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed