Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,682 times)

superunknown

superunknown

I kind of like this idea, it brings back the self-reliance of the Alien.  They don't need to rely on producing eggs, they can physically turn people into hosts.

BUT...wait a minute...if the Predalien has this ability then why doesn't he face-rape the Predators on the ship and make more Predaliens?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: PredJaspert on Oct 27, 2007, 01:39:01 AM
When you think it through its not a bad idea.

Wrong...when you (not you specifically, I'm being general) actually think it through and stop sucking on the brother's balls, you will realize that it IS a bad idea...

Quote from: superunknown on Oct 27, 2007, 01:42:56 AM
BUT...wait a minute...if the Predalien has this ability then why doesn't he face-rape the Predators on the ship and make more Predaliens?

Because that notion would require logic...

PredJaspert

PredJaspert

I appreciate those guys even more now, they really have a lot of patience to stand all this negative comments. i know that people have different opinions but arguing all day wont make any difference in the final movie. And Gates can suck major balls, im dont agree with the director in everything but i agree with this idea so i like it no matter what you think

Monbackey

Monbackey

Jeez everyone here is waaaay overreacting.  If you want to keep EVERYTHING the way it is, then why would you want a new movie to come out, just go watch ALiens over and over again.  The idea of making a sequel is about progress, not just repetition.  I think what they've done just makes everything more interesting, it makes sense for an adolescent queen to have such a function to make herself more dependent in case something happens to the warriors. I mean, a queen would need a method of producing warriors to guard her while she grew into the egg bearing queen.  While many will say thats what the so called "super facehugger" from Alien 3 is for, havent considered what would happen if that single alien warrior was somehow killed.
If anything, this addition just makes the Xenomorph race that much more parasitic.

Colin=Neat
Whiners=No one is making you post here.

DB

DB

But should said function negate the need for the rest of the lifecycle? ???

I mean, having a separate life form in the lifecycle whose sole purpose is to go and rape someone seems pretty parasitic to me.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: PredJaspert on Oct 27, 2007, 01:49:04 AM
[...] And Gates can suck major balls, im dont agree with the director in everything but i agree with this idea so i like it no matter what you think

Clearly you are blind and/or stupid because I specifically pointed out in my post that I was not targeting you...but so be it...if you wish to put yourself in the blowers group that's fine by me...

Quote from: Monbackey on Oct 27, 2007, 01:53:08 AM
Colin=Neat

Blowers=Don't have to read our posts.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:40:45 PM
A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.
What about the facehuggers on the pred's ship? What about the pred alien already on it? This lifecycle is unnecessary, and doesn't sync with what's already been established in the Alien films. Nothing more is needed to be "established" with the alien's lifecycle. Especially in this case. Also, Aliens have shown to be very stealthy and go into hiding when in developement, at which they do at an extreme rate. By the time anyone knows they're there, it's too late.

Everything that's been established about these two species in all the Alien and Predator films should be followed closely (which goes without saying). Anything that's expanded on or added to these fantastic creatures should use the prior films as a basis on build upon it using sound logic. You can't have sound logic without knowledge on the subject in question. Each aspect should have a purpose that makes sense, doesn't step on what's been previously established, and not unnecessary. I know a lot of fans who feel the same way. I'm really starting to wonder how much you and Greg know about the Aliens, Predators and the films.

Granted we haven't seen AVP:R yet and I'm not passing final opinion until I do, but this film is looking more and more like one of the AVP comics or games rather than the Alien and Predator films we all know and love. I'm trying to keep high hopes, but it's becoming more and more difficult when news like this is released.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 27, 2007, 01:01:30 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:56:49 AM
I'm still clinging on to my genetic freak idea.

Well, gotta remember that Anderson's Aliens were mutated by the Predators and that messed up their life cycle so...there's that...well...that's just a fandom idea but.
Technically, they weren't mutated rather than have been given growth acceleration hormones which were injected into the queen. It's one of the scenes Anderson didn't get to include in the final cut.

Monbackey

Monbackey

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 01:57:39 AM
Quote from: PredJaspert on Oct 27, 2007, 01:49:04 AM
[...] And Gates can suck major balls, im dont agree with the director in everything but i agree with this idea so i like it no matter what you think

Clearly you are blind and/or stupid because I specifically pointed out in my post that I was not targeting you...but so be it...if you wish to put yourself in the blowers group that's fine by me...

Quote from: Monbackey on Oct 27, 2007, 01:53:08 AM
Colin=Neat

Blowers=Don't have to read our posts.
Well at least we spend time reading a board based around something we actually like and look forward to.  Most would consider what you are doing to be a waste of time for yourself......

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 01:18:02 AM
This is the "NEWBORN" all over again.   :'(
Yes, but the newborn made sense and it fullfilled it's purpose the way Jeunet intended it... it was an abomination that grossed us all out. lol ;)

Private Hudson

I will call it a good idea IF the dierector can justify why the Predalien regurgitates into peoples mouths, if not, then it is an awful idea.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Monbackey on Oct 27, 2007, 02:01:43 AMWell at least we spend time reading a board based around something we actually like and look forward to.  Most would consider what you are doing to be a waste of time for yourself......

Talk about calling the kettle black...and what exactly validates your flaming of another member of the forum? That's not allowed under any circumstance.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Monbackey on Oct 27, 2007, 02:01:43 AM
Well at least we spend time reading a board based around something we actually like and look forward to.  Most would consider what you are doing to be a waste of time for yourself......

I'm entitled to do as I wish with my time, without justification to you...deal with it...

DB

DB

Quote from: Private Hudson on Oct 27, 2007, 02:04:25 AM
I will call it a good idea IF the dierector can justify why the Predalien regurgitates into peoples mouths, if not, then it is an awful idea.

And just why the Aliens still need eggs and facehuggers. Is there some side effect to this method of reproduction? Are the Aliens born with down syndrome? Are they impotent retards? Is that why Wolf can kick the shit out of them so easily?

Monbackey

Monbackey

How is that flaming?  Is my post phrased in a fair way without flaming, nor is it insulting.  I'm not the one flaming.  ;)

PredJaspert

PredJaspert

Gates sorry if the comment came a little aggressive, thats not what i meant. I just saying that you cant tell that everyone who is interested in seeing this new phase of the life cycle is wrong and can suck balls, if you don't like its your problem. The face hugger s  that came form the predator ship maybe are form another alien colony  and if so they won t defend the pred alien because she is not related to them. The aliens have many insect qualities and insects from different colonies don't get along so maybe that explains why the pred alien uses this new cycle. Its just an idea, but maybe it explains some loose ends.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed