Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,228 times)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:47:00 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 03:41:39 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:40:14 AM
Is it so hard to imagine that maybe the Queen loses this ability once it grows up a bit more?

Not at all. The issue is with why it would even need such a function in the first place.
So, you're saying it makes more sense for a young, vulnerable queen to build a hive herself and leave herself unguarded until she lays eggs, rather than create several smaller Aliens to guard her and build the hive around her as she ages and starts to lay eggs?
I think your missing the point. There are better alternatives to this idea if this situation did arise.
But this is the one that is being used, and there's nothing we can do about it. Every idea has at least ten better ideas that could be in it's place, whether that idea is good or bad. The way I see it, she'd need to create protection and fast. Not to mention, someone has to build the hive while she lays those eggs.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: wolfboy on Oct 27, 2007, 03:49:58 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 03:33:28 AM
So, I see the negativity has died down a fair bit just as it usually does following a visit from Colin.

And, as usual, his soothing words have calmed the savage beasts, but provided little actual reason for the reassurance.

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?   

So what do you want us to do? Cry more? The movies already finished filming. You can bitch now and wait to watch the movie then bitch some more... or you can come on here and bitch everyday until the movie comes out for more attention if you're inclined to do so. Most people choose the former.

To me Uncanny brought up some interesting points. Especially, about the Fangoria article.

It didn't come off as bitching either.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:45:08 AMa young, vulnerable queen

If she's an Alien and she's already grown as large as the PredAlien seems to be, there'd be no discernable reason to think of her as vulnerable. If she behaved like how we've seen the creature behave, it'd be unlikely that she'd find herself seriously in danger what with the Alien's natural abilities. If she's stupid enough to just put herself out in the well-lit open with reckless abandon, she'd probably deserve a few rounds to the head on the point of general stupidity.

badass_badger

badass_badger

First the fugly predalien design and now this? This disgusting creature actually vomits in peoples mouths? What is up with this sh*t? I bet it's gonna be as nasty as the scenes from "The Fly".

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: badass_badger on Oct 27, 2007, 03:56:10 AM
First the fugly predalien design and now this? This disgusting creature actually vomits in peoples mouths? What is up with this sh*t? I bet it's gonna be as nasty as the scenes from "The Fly".

If its that nasty then I'll be down with it.  ;D

I love the Fly remake so horrific and tragic.

MattTaz

MattTaz

OK, this is from the Theatrical Version commentary on the Directors Cut DVD. Sometimes Ridley Scott is talking with Sigourney Weaver and other times on his own

"We didn't know  how she (lambert) died. The implication was that there was kind of a sexuality to this adrogenous male female (alien) who could give birth itself but could also impregnate......there are insects like that so we based that on good old mother nature and um was that some dreadful ending, some terrible invasion of her (lambert's) body, a rape, and therefore would there be a version of the Cartwright (lambert) character? There would certainly, whatever happens, be more humanoid aliens now on the craft and thats what she (ripley) now has to destroy"

badass_badger

badass_badger

It was good in the fly, but it wouldn't be so good for aliens. I don't like the idea from the original aliens of how people could be turned into eggs. The "hive" idea was more original and horrifying. This new idea will probably look like bukkake, only in AvP form...

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 03:59:22 AM
OK, this is from the Theatrical Version commentary on the Directors Cut DVD. Sometimes Ridley Scott is talking with Sigourney Weaver and other times on his own

"We didn't know  how she (lambert) died. The implication was that there was kind of a sexuality to this adrogenous male female (alien) who could give birth itself but could also impregnate......there are insects like that so we based that on good old mother nature and um was that some dreadful ending, some terrible invasion of her (lambert's) body, a rape, and therefore would there be a version of the Cartwright (lambert) character? There would certainly, whatever happens, be more humanoid aliens now on the craft and thats what she (ripley) now has to destroy"

Why didn't Ridley direct Aliens? He had some great ideas its seems for the creature.

Gremlien

Gremlien

I don't know about you, but I'd be just as scared of being stuck in a hive as I would be with the knowledge that I was going to turn into an egg for an Alien species.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:51:08 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:47:00 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 03:41:39 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:40:14 AM
Is it so hard to imagine that maybe the Queen loses this ability once it grows up a bit more?

Not at all. The issue is with why it would even need such a function in the first place.
So, you're saying it makes more sense for a young, vulnerable queen to build a hive herself and leave herself unguarded until she lays eggs, rather than create several smaller Aliens to guard her and build the hive around her as she ages and starts to lay eggs?
I think your missing the point. There are better alternatives to this idea if this situation did arise.
But this is the one that is being used, and there's nothing we can do about it. Every idea has at least ten better ideas that could be in it's place, whether that idea is good or bad. The way I see it, she'd need to create protection and fast. Not to mention, someone has to build the hive while she lays those eggs.
Yes, and it's unfortunate, but it's obviously a bad idea considering the alternatives. Same goes for your second comment. In any case, I really doubt a young queen can be considered "vulnerable".

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 03:59:22 AM

"We didn't know  how she (lambert) died. The implication was that there was kind of a sexuality to this adrogenous male female (alien) who could give birth itself but could also impregnate......there are insects like that so we based that on good old mother nature and um was that some dreadful ending, some terrible invasion of her (lambert's) body, a rape, and therefore would there be a version of the Cartwright (lambert) character? There would certainly, whatever happens, be more humanoid aliens now on the craft and thats what she (ripley) now has to destroy"

Notice the word IMPLICATION. That was the intention in '79. Once Aliens came along, that means nothing. Also, it's kind of stupid to say she has to destroy the ship because there could be more Aliens. How would she even know that? The plan from the beginning was to blow up the ship, so that plan had nothing to do with a possible impregnation of Lambert. Kind of a dumb thing for Ridley to say.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: badass_badger on Oct 27, 2007, 04:00:24 AM
It was good in the fly, but it wouldn't be so good for aliens. I don't like the idea from the original aliens of how people could be turned into eggs. The "hive" idea was more original and horrifying. This new idea will probably look like bukkake, only in AvP form...
Hmmm... I'd have to say the "hive" idea was actually less original.

Of course, we all know what kind of a pervert H.R. Giger is. Yet he's so brilliant. ;D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 04:05:59 AM

Of course, we all know what kind of a pervert H.R. Giger is. Yet he's so brilliant. ;D

Giger has furniture made from human bones. Seriously!

But the guy cracks me up on the Alien 3 dvd extras when he seems disturbed of a alien tongue biting someone's head.   

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:08:09 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 04:05:59 AM

Giger has furniture made from human bones. Seriously!
You know, I vaguely remember hearing something about that. lol Sick. :D

The Chibi Kiriyama

Bukkake in AVPR...heh, it's sort of sad that that's how I imagine it to be as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed