Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,004 times)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 09:56:10 PM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 09:48:20 PM
how could it "add" somthing that already exists?

If you view AVP as a prequel to ALIEN etc..then it's adding to the story.
The Predalien is also adding to the line of aliens we have already seen.
Wolf's badass role is adding to the Pred universe.
The new weapons (whip) is adding to the Pred universe

A new life-cycle is MAKING SHIT UP.
New traits that transfer over to Aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.      
A Predator with Jedi powers would be MAKING SHIT UP.   ;)

so if u like the idea they're adding, if u dont, there making junk up right?

So a two headed Predator that farts nerve-gas and sings Opera would be OK in your book? Even though I am more of an ALIEN fan...that would piss me off.

I really don't mind new content, just don't CHANGE what has already been set. This is what I'm saying and you're not getting.   ???

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteA Predator with Jedi powers would be MAKING SHIT UP.   Wink

You're right.  Screw the Jedi, Predators would be Sith.

megachu17

megachu17

when they mak a nerve-gas farting pred, ill complain, if its a new link in the life cycle that would help insure a young queens safty, no, i dont mind

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Adding as an alternative is not changing what has been set before.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:02:18 PM
So now we're saying an alien counts how many traits it takes from a creature and can't take more? that's kinda stupid...

Its not stupid, its instinct. As much as I liked Finchers jet fast alien on 4 legs, he left it open for someone with dull instincts to come in and make something ridiculous. Him or a Scott or Cameron wont be around... sooner or later a Jeunet would come along. Nobodys taken advantage of this yet, but with the incredibly naive open mindedness of some people... im afraid itll be soon.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 27, 2007, 10:04:59 PM

that'd been funny in Star Wars....

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 27, 2007, 10:04:59 PM

:D

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 09:44:09 PM
Seriously, though, how did Aliens happen?  We only saw one guy get facehugged - so only one drone.
I explained this earlier. In Cameron's original chain of events, an investigative team was sent to the derelict and got infected.

Is that explanation canon, though?

QuoteNot only that, but even if there was only one, it could take a person, turn them into an egg, and then that hugger could go on to make more eggs as well, or it could be a Queen.

Yeah but like I explained, it can't keep doing it.  To create 12 aliens, you need 24 colonists.  And in the beginning there is only one alien.

Also, the drone born from Jordan has low probability to be a queen (if natural queens are made that way - by random egg).

QuoteYes, the colonists had weapons - So did the crew of the Nostromo. A single Alien is notoriously hard to deal with, especially if you don't have prior knowledge of what they are.

Yeah but one alien versus over one hundred colonists.  They are not going to ignore a creature that just killled one of their own.

QuoteWe have no timeline from Jordan being hugged, to contact being lost. In any situation it had to be a few days, whether a drone went around egg morphing or a Queen was born first off.

Well we know the drone did not have benefit of being undetected, like dog/ox alien.  So really it did not have much time.  It needed to start egg morphing right away - like the first alien did.  The first alien, though, only had to deal with 6 people.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well i mean its strange the Predator is alot diffrent than human or dog, being diffrent an alien might take more from it. because more might be useful and honsetly since we don't know waht a pure warrior alien would be, we don't know how diffrent this is from a pure alien

DB

DB

Just thought this could apply here in regards to the whole concept of "efficiency":

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 27, 2007, 09:48:09 PM
While the new predalien molting/regurgitation life cyle doesn't cause direct conflict with the current life cylce it also doesn't fit with what we've seen in previous movies.  As I and Xenomorphine have already stated, where is the sense of having a "back up" method that is actually more efficient than the standard method?

Major Alan Schaefer

Really i think the new method would be way more efficant for Hadley hope invasion and anyone of those people who bealive the scanners had over 100 (u know who you are) u can't say it was egg morphing

Predator-S

Predator-S

Eggs appearing from thin air is MAKING SHIT UP.
Cloning Ripley and the Queen with them taking traits of one another is MAKING SHIT UP.
Stating that Predators are an encient civilisation that gave us technology and used us as hosts for hunting aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.

So I don't quite see where are you going.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:08:09 PM
Well i mean its strange the Predator is alot diffrent than human or dog, being diffrent an alien might take more from it. because more might be useful and honsetly since we don't know waht a pure warrior alien would be, we don't know how diffrent this is from a pure alien

or the things that the dog and human aliens hav in common r because of the genetic similaritys between them, the mor different a beings(the pred's) dna is from humans, the mor different its gonna be.

Major Alan Schaefer

in your oppion its making stuff up...by your standards Cameron;s Queen is making shit up

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Predator-S on Oct 27, 2007, 10:11:03 PM

Eggs appearing from thin air is MAKING SHIT UP.
Cloning Ripley and the Queen with them taking traits of one another is MAKING SHIT UP.
Stating that Predators are an encient civilisation that gave us technology and used us as hosts for hunting aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.

So I don't quite see where are you going.

creating a genetic hybrid of human and xenomorph thats not loyal to either(the newborn) is MAKING JUNK UP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed