The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 84,828 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 08, 2018, 03:32:27 AM
Damn~! I keep coming back and all I see is how people -do not- like the ending. The Predator dies at the end right? I mean the only way the ending could be ruined is if they break with lore and The Predator survives.

Just...brace yourself.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 08, 2018, 05:36:10 AM
Damn~! I keep coming back and all I see is how people -do not- like the ending. The Predator dies at the end right? I mean the only way the ending could be ruined is if they break with lore and The Predator survives.

You'd think a predator film would be that simple but not with this movie. the ending is ruined by a completely out-of-left-field plot element that takes Predator and turns it into a Marvel movie.

Maybe is a love letter to Disney.

blood.

blood.

ok waiting is killing me, I haven't read any spoiler tags but from a few hints and teases that've leaked through I'm going to speculate the worst possible ending I can come up with and see how close I am after the films release

Spoiler
I'm gonna guess Quinn's autistic son figures out how to communicate with the predator and at the climax of the film at the last minute he negotiates some kind of truce and gets the predator to leave.

That, or his son calls for predator backup. Either way, it's some dumb plot twist where the autistic son saves the day.
[close]

TheBATMAN

Are the Pred vision sounds for fugitive the same as P1 and P2? In the fight clip released although it's hard to hear the Upgrade's vision sounds seem to taken straight from Predators...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2018, 01:10:10 AM
Based on those commenting that it felt completely out of place with the rest of the movie, could this last bit be what they went back to reshoot those 2 days?

We don't for for sure but I suspect so.

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Sep 07, 2018, 10:17:12 PM
The amount of people whinging off reviews is insane. Go see it for yourself amd make your own judgement like normal people do!

At the end of the day, I always say this. Go make up your own minds.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 11:25:07 PM
My point is the script was just bad. And at its heart it's the core of a movie. If the script is bad, it doesn't matter how much money you throw it, what actors come on board, how much cgi you have, the film is going to suffer. As the predator has now found out. All the changes made were down to a dodgy script, in my humble opinion it's Fred Dekker who's to blame. Why fox employed a man that has already been on record saying he never liked the original is beyond me. It's his script so it's his fault. And it's Shane's for not staying true to predators roots.

In my opinion, and from what it's felt like watching the film and tracking everything these past few years, it's attempts to pander to all the complaining online that seems to have made a mess of this film.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

You'd think a predator film would be that simple but not with this movie. the ending is ruined by a completely out-of-left-field plot element that takes Predator and turns it into a Marvel movie.

But it doesn't turn all preds from what we knew to this knew "idea".

Quote from: blood. on Sep 08, 2018, 07:35:24 AM
ok waiting is killing me, I haven't read any spoiler tags but from a few hints and teases that've leaked through I'm going to speculate the worst possible ending I can come up with and see how close I am after the films release

Spoiler
I'm gonna guess Quinn's autistic son figures out how to communicate with the predator and at the climax of the film at the last minute he negotiates some kind of truce and gets the predator to leave.

That, or his son calls for predator backup. Either way, it's some dumb plot twist where the autistic son saves the day.
[close]

No nothing that bad, IMO.

predator88

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 08, 2018, 12:30:54 PM

Spoiler

[close]

No, it's actually worse. Seriously I think Black was forced to shoot that thing at the end. The studio wants to pull a Marvel on this franchise. The thing with the Mandarin from IM3 is nothing compared to this.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: predator88 on Sep 08, 2018, 12:55:59 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 08, 2018, 12:30:54 PM

Spoiler

[close]

No, it's actually worse. Seriously I think Black was forced to shoot that thing at the end. The studio wants to pull a Marvel on this franchise. The thing with the Mandarin from IM3 is nothing compared to this.

For oversensitive people, probably yes.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
In my opinion, and from what it's felt like watching the film and tracking everything these past few years, it's attempts to pander to all the complaining online that seems to have made a mess of this film.

Is that really the case though? Because it appears that much of the plot elements of the script remained intact, save for the friendlies/hybrids. And the reshoots were based on test audience reactions. In any events, the ending is just so out of left field and out of character of the Predator series as a whole. That can't be pandering to online fandom or even an idea from Shane Black. Seems to have been a decision that was made for him - I just can't believe otherwise atm.

That being said, the AvP movies tried to inject some wonky stuff into Predator lore and studios/audiences did a great job at ignoring it all away. So it's possible this element will not be followed up on in future films or even acknowledged.

Lionhart

Hicks, how would u rank this movie? Better than predators) 2010)

Samhain13

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 08, 2018, 01:30:30 PM

He gave The Predator a 6/10 and Predators a 8/10.

chrisr232007

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 08, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

Damn that's not good....Predators was ok but no were near great so The Predator is worse....that's a disappointment.

NiceGuy

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 11:25:07 PM
All these Shane black fans clinging on for dear life and can't accept that he has utterly failed. See I'm a man of taste, you can decorate crap all you want, but it's always going to taste bad.

My point is the script was just bad. And at its heart it's the core of a movie. If the script is bad, it doesn't matter how much money you throw it, what actors come on board, how much cgi you have, the film is going to suffer. As the predator has now found out. All the changes made were down to a dodgy script, in my humble opinion it's Fred Dekker who's to blame. Why fox employed a man that has already been on record saying he never liked the original is beyond me. It's his script so it's his fault. And it's Shane's for not staying true to predators roots.

Have you even seen the movie yet?

azamultic

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 08, 2018, 02:05:25 PM

Damn that's not good....Predators was ok but no were near great so The Predator is worse....that's a disappointment.

But don't forget that Hicks actualy likes Predators  ;) I personally don't like Predatros, so hopefully this movie going to be better for me)))

chrisr232007

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 08, 2018, 02:05:25 PM

But don't forget that Hicks actualy likes Predators  ;) I personally don't like Predatros, so hopefully this movie going to be better for me)))

True...I though Predators was just ok so I hope I like The Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed