The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 84,779 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 02:20:19 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Quote from: MrH on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:53 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:08 PM
Just a quick question for Hicks and Syntax, i think you can answer this one easily... Do we get new weapons/gadgets used by both predators in this movie, ones that we didn't saw in trailers/tv spot (harpoon, wrist plasma cannon) ? Without any specifics of course.

yes

Well that's always nice. Thanks !

The new gadgets were cool.

Thanks ! Looking forward to it !

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 07, 2018, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
Look iv loved predator since being a small child while kids my age were watching Pokemon, I was obsessed with a killer honor coded alien hunter, all the good stuff that made predator unique has been replaced with generic unimaginative garbage. Despite my anger I'll leave it up to you to find out.

Again I have the same love for the character from 3 years old. What I am trying to say even if this movie going to make Predator terrible, it can't affect my love for Predator hunter race, it's why I commented on you saying that they destroying it for you. ;)

Yo azamultic, do you know the ending ? Because you and i are often on the same page on many things, and i would like to know if it's as terrible as people say... Without spoilers of course  ;D

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:24:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 02:20:19 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Quote from: MrH on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:53 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 02:13:08 PM
Just a quick question for Hicks and Syntax, i think you can answer this one easily... Do we get new weapons/gadgets used by both predators in this movie, ones that we didn't saw in trailers/tv spot (harpoon, wrist plasma cannon) ? Without any specifics of course.

yes

Well that's always nice. Thanks !

The new gadgets were cool.

Thanks ! Looking forward to it !

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 07, 2018, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
Look iv loved predator since being a small child while kids my age were watching Pokemon, I was obsessed with a killer honor coded alien hunter, all the good stuff that made predator unique has been replaced with generic unimaginative garbage. Despite my anger I'll leave it up to you to find out.

Again I have the same love for the character from 3 years old. What I am trying to say even if this movie going to make Predator terrible, it can't affect my love for Predator hunter race, it's why I commented on you saying that they destroying it for you. ;)

Yo azamultic, do you know the ending ? Because you and i are often on the same page on many things, and i would like to know if it's as terrible as people say... Without spoilers of course  ;D

Oh man, nope I am same like you, didn't read the Spoiler so yehh "Because you and i are often on the same page on many things;) I guess we will find out on Thursday  ;D Super nervous man

andreaNZ

its so good that they have to go down the GM hybrit  route and the war route, always gotta be invading or conquering aliens...I'm sick of it, this film also wont ruin my love for the PWredator species. They aint no  war mongers or mess with genes in my world and neither should humans.
With the ending looks like Shane Black still had too much Ironman stuck in him if he had to resprt to an ending like that.

ELDERCLANLEADER

And you don't think predator deserves to be more than a dumb fun action movie? Code name for "forgettable" How about give us a film that's memorable and a worthy entry.

Honesty the original needs to be remade, so a true sequel can follow. Get someone new to play Dutch and let the sequel take it from there. It's always been Predators flaw anyway, it's never had a coherent story. Everyone wants to know what happened to Dutch, 2017's IT proved remakes can work and be just as good as the original. Predator desperately needs it, so Dutches story can continue. Without it we are just going to keep getting medicre films, because there no continuation from film to film. I know remakes are not everyone a cup of tea, but if it means getting credible sequels with a story that we can invest in, I think it would be worth it in this rare circumstance.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

I don't know I This has been talked about yet, but Mr H Reviews gave some pretty big spoilers in his review.

*Spoilers*

Spoiler

Apparently, there's a civil war on the Predator home planet, and one faction intends to take over earth due to climate change on their planet.
The Fugitive is actually attempting to deliver something to the humans on earth, and the Upgrade is sent to kill him.

It seems confirmed that Fugitive is the only normal Predator in the movie, and he is killed early, yet the Upgrade stays to hunt after killing him.

It turns out the thing to save humanity from the Predators, dubbed "Predator Killer" ............is a high-tech suit of predator power armour, complete with metal dreadlocks, that attaches itself to Quinn like an Iron Man suit.

Yup.
[close]

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:36:26 PM
And you don't think predator deserves to be more than a dumb fun action movie? Code name for "forgettable" How about give us a film that's memorable and a worthy entry.

I do, I want a good Predator movie, but if studio faling I wouldn't say " NOOOOO they destroyed it! " Like Darth Vader. I would get upset, shrug my shoulders say "Shit Happens" watch original two movies and wait for another try in 10 years   ;)

The only thing I am disagree is over dramatizing and saying that someone destroyed your character.

Lionhart

Hicks, rank them please
Predator
Predator 2
The Predator
Predators
Avp
Avpr

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 07, 2018, 01:30:13 PM
But doesn't necessarily spell the demise of the franchise or wait for another film for 20 years.

I sure hope so but with the Disney thing I get more worried.

Predators was lackluster, and also left an opening for a sequel, and we got The Predator instead.

I wouldn't have minded a sequel to Predators, I ended up liking Royce and Isabelle through the movie and as I'm really through all those open endings on alien-predator movies/games/novels/comics I would appreciate their history to be concluded.

Probably the same thing will happen... I just really hope they don't actually go anywhere, sequels-wise, with this movie...

That will be up for the box office to decide. They really tried to add a lot of new stuff to this movie, much new predator lore that will be controversial to the fans, but we are a minority, it's the general audience that will decide if this stuff will bring money to Fox/Disney or not.

Xan21

Xan21

I don't need to know what Dutch is doing now... I'm not hung up on his character. I welcome any new great human character, but many action movies can't bring the goods these days. Predator still holds up so why do a remake? I want an isolated Predator movie with imagination, even on their homeplanet could be fine. Just hire people with a good vision and love for the original(s). This new one seems forgettable cgi fodder mixed with too much comedy.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

But they have destroyed the character for future instalments, sure they can't touch the originals thank god. But in terms of "future predator films" I would argue that yes they have destroyed the credibility of the franchise. Have they destroyed the character? Of course not. But the franchise in terms of cinema. You bet your life they have. No offence azamultic but you don't know the ending I do. And it's abysmal. Like so bad you are going to have a sour taste for next 6 months. How on earth did they think that was going to be liked. They were already pushing people's tolerance with the crazy stuff they decided to throw in. But that ending has to be the most anti climatic ending in sci fi history. And no I wish I was exaggerating pal. But I'm really not. You will see on Thursday.

P.s I'm not saying I'm cormfortable with a remake, I'm just saying it might be needed in order to create sequels that actually have continuation.

PredBabe

Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that. 

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2018, 02:44:39 PM
But doesn't necessarily spell the demise of the franchise or wait for another film for 20 years.

I sure hope so but with the Disney thing I get more worried.

Predators was lackluster, and also left an opening for a sequel, and we got The Predator instead.

I wouldn't have minded a sequel to Predators, I ended up liking Royce and Isabelle through the movie and as I'm really through all those open endings on alien-predator movies/games/novels/comics I would appreciate their history to be concluded.

Probably the same thing will happen... I just really hope they don't actually go anywhere, sequels-wise, with this movie...

That will be up for the box office to decide. They really tried to add a lot of new stuff to this movie, much new predator lore that will be controversial to the fans, but we are a minority, it's the general audience that will decide if this stuff will bring money to Fox/Disney or not.

Oh I am so right there with you.  Despite it seeming like one of the lesser enjoyed movies, it continues to be one of my favorite movies in the Predator/AVP universe.  Would have really liked to see Royce and Isabel's story concluded, but it is what it is  :-\

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 07, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that. 

You might want to spoil yourself a little before you go in  :)

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 02:48:52 PM
But they have destroyed the character for future instalments, sure they can't touch the originals thank god. But in terms of "future predator films" I would argue that yes they have destroyed the credibility of the franchise. Have they destroyed the character? Of course not. But the franchise in terms of cinema. You bet your life they have. No offence azamultic but you don't know the ending I do. And it's abysmal. Like so bad you are going to have a sour taste for next 6 months. How on earth did they think that was going to be liked. They were already pushing people's tolerance with the crazy stuff they decided to throw in. But that ending has to be the most anti climatic ending in sci fi history. And no I wish I was exaggerating pal. But I'm really not. You will see on Thursday.

the thing is this franchise always was on the half destroyed phase, if you only talking about the Predator movie it was 1987 successful movie and 3 years later not so successful sequel 1990, and after that 2010, whole 20 years we waited for "Predators" after that not so successful entry we waited 8 years for another try. It always was on the verge of dying.  You just remind me of character who says Apocalypses is close, we are all going to die. I didn't see the end of the movie, I will check it, but I doubt that franchise going to die. But it can, I could be wrong. But for me personally you are too emotional and overreacting, and too confident in your statements when you already change sides twice (no offense brother  ;)

goose_3387

It's just a movie guys. No matter how much people feel entitled there's too much emotion being thrown around in here. Have a rest from the Internet for 10/20 minutes. :)

ELDERCLANLEADER

I wasn't on any side, first there was the bad script which pissed me off so I was negative, I tried to stay positive however and now I'm back to square one. And you are right yes I did scream "we are all going to die, and like Hudson and I was right died we did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed