All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,809 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Saw this yesterday, it was ok. Quite fun but didn't wow me in any way. The interaction between characters was nice.

mez86

mez86

Well this was miles better then into darkness. Enjoyed Krall thought the  villain was interesting. Nod to nimoys death was nice and had tear in my eye plus nice nod to the prime cast. the Yorktown station was a interesting design tho why build it so close to a uncharted nebula you would think the fed would have charted it first. Shame theirs isnt much design difference  between the enterprise and the enterprise A

genocyber

genocyber

So is Krall's technology going to go ignored for the Federation? They seriously need to beef up their shield technology.

Corporal Hicks

Alien³

Alien³

Beyond is the best film I've seen this year.

Was super fun and really well made. Props to the writing of Pegg, he really brought new life into this Trek timeline.

Also cool that you can watch JJ's first Trek, skip over Into Darkness and go straight to this one.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: genocyber on Jul 25, 2016, 08:03:20 PM
So is Krall's technology going to go ignored for the Federation? They seriously need to beef up their shield technology.

It was mining equipment, just like in the first movie the bad guy's ship was a mining ship.

They need to tone down mining equipment technology. Some one needs to have a meeting with mining equipment making companies and tell them to tone it down.

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2016, 07:34:22 AM
Props to the writing of Pegg,

What writing?
This was a series of action scenes and jokes tied together. We only got a reason why this whole thing is happening near the end of the film.

There was barely a plot in this movie.

Gazz

Gazz

Only if the plot is limited to the villain.

Or writing is limited to plot.

Which it isn't. On either case.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Gazz on Aug 04, 2016, 07:23:02 PM

The whole reason the events of the movie are happening is because of the villain.
And nothing is clearly told about the villain until near the end of the movie.

You are just running around blind looking at random action scenes and little joke breaks. Breaks that i guess are fine to people that never seen a Trek episode or movie but to the people that have a passing knowledge of it bring nothing new.

Bones is very direct, ahahahahaha! Yeah, we havent seen this a million times.
Spock does some Vulcan stuff that leads to a joke, ahhahhahahha-mega old.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 03, 2016, 07:45:26 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Jul 25, 2016, 08:03:20 PM

It was mining equipment, just like in the first movie the bad guy's ship was a mining ship.

They need to tone down mining equipment technology. Some one needs to have a meeting with mining equipment making companies and tell them to tone it down.
Mining equipment capable of crippling fleets of ships and stripping shields away like wet paper. Last time the Federation sucked this hard they were trying to fight the Borg.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 04, 2016, 08:37:55 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Aug 04, 2016, 07:23:02 PM

The whole reason the events of the movie are happening is because of the villain.

Yes, which makes him a functioning part of the plot.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I really liked it. It's a lot of fun. Just as fast paced and energetic as the first two with a fantastic cast. It has a much more focused story compared to Into Darkness and in a way is the kind of sequel I imagine people anticipated to begin with.

With Yelchin's untimely passing I wouldn't mind if Alice Eve returned to take his place onboard the Enterprise. It seemed like she was set to join the ensemble at the end of the previous film anyway but is curiously absent here.

Spoiler
My only real complaint with Beyond is how they approached the villain, Krall. He's essentially a fusion of the two previous villains (Khan, Admiral Marcus) and it doesn't come across anymore satisfying here. Before the twist he's very menacing but after it's like, "That's it? That's what he's supposed to be?"
[close]

That said I wouldn't mind if Justin Lin and Simon Pegg returned to direct and co-write the next film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 10, 2016, 04:04:42 AM
With Yelchin's untimely passing I wouldn't mind if Alice Eve returned to take his place onboard the Enterprise. It seemed like she was set to join the ensemble at the end of the previous film anyway but is curiously absent here.

They had nothing for her to do in Beyond apparently. It'd be nice to see her return though. I'm kind of hoping we see this guy show up though!

QuoteThat said I wouldn't mind if Justin Lin and Simon Pegg returned to direct and co-write the next film.

Same. I really enjoyed this one. I'd just like a better thought out villain next time around. I think Beyond was a major step-up over the last 2 (I did enjoy the reboot, don't get me wrong! But many of the specifics infuriate me.)

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan-fuller-teases-star-trek-discovery-alien-makeup/

Is Andorian too obvious?

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

^

I'm hoping to see Lieutenant M'ress show up. Mrow!

It'd be awesome to see how a modern live action Star Trek would portray her.

I was kind of disappointed by the Caitians in one of the recent films though, the two Kirk was banging were basically just human chicks with funky long tails. I want a giant humanoid cat damn it! (No, not in that "scene", I meant like a character that serves a purpose in the overall story.)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It'd be nice to see some of the actual Kztini conflict. The Caitans are the Kztini, right? Or am I misremembering.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan-fuller-reveals-long-awaited-star-trek-discovery-details/

Some new Discovery details. Sounds like the show wont be focusing on the captain.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Just another prequel, boldly going where everyone has gone before. [emoji12]

Will we ever have a trek show going forward again? [emoji20]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed