All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,789 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 19, 2015, 05:45:27 AM
Oh, they're doing this trick already, only the third movie in and already ignoring what came before.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10298472/star-trek-beyond-will-ignore-everything-that-happened-in-into-darkness

Eh, sounds like they're just making it a stand alone story like the last two were. It's not like Into Darkness ended on a major unresolved cliffhanger or anything.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

A lot of people in the theater for Episode 7 last night had very mixed feelings for the trailer when they show it last night. People where confused and mention that the music in the trailer was awful. I do worry that the movie may bomb due to bad marketing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Still plenty of time to counter that with a proper campaign.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I would hate if the movie bombs and it almost kills the franchise like Star Trek 5 did.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I have faith in Pegg's writing, and even he acknowledged the trailer was pretty bad. The crew being stranded on a planet is reminiscent of 'The Galileo Seven,' which was an excellent episode where the Enterprise shuttlecraft crashed on a hospitable planet full of aggressive, primitive humanoid beings.

They could also go for 'The Devil in the Dark' which has a very 'Alien' vibe.

I still believe a William Shatner cameo is essential, especially after Nimoy's passing. I know Shatner can be difficult and controversial, but no one can deny it will bring a tear to many a fan's eye on the 50th anniversary of this franchise. A scene was written for him in the original script and I'd be disappointed if Pegg chose not to pursue this opportunity.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Personally, I don't understand why they put out this trailer, everyone seems to think it's terrible and it's even in the news. How come none of their team saw it for what it was, a poorly edited trailer, with a poor choice of musical theme

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/may/19/simon-pegg-criticises-dumbing-down-of-cinema

Quote"They had a script for Star Trek that wasn't really working for them. I think the studio was worried that it might have been a little bit too Star Trek-y," he said of the original draft.

:-\

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

So wait, they had a Star Trek script that was too "Star Trek-y"?

Error 404 Logic Not Found.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Movie goers like action. I think they mean that the movie would have very little action in it and they fear it might turn people off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 26, 2015, 03:06:03 PM
Movie goers like action. I think they mean that the movie would have very little action in it and they fear it might turn people off.

I like action as well, but Star Trek's action has to be grounded within that universe. This isn't Fast & Furious In Space. For a perfect example of Star Trek's action, look no further than Wrath of Khan or First Contact.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 11:39:28 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/crowdfunded-star-trek-movie-draws-851474?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR+Breaking+News_now_2015-12-30+06%3A34%3A00_HLewis&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

Potentially bad news for fanfilms and crowdfunded ones.

QuoteThe producers of Axanar are making a Star Trek picture they describe themselves as a fully professional independent Star Trek film. Their activity clearly violates our Star Trek copyrights, which, of course, we will continue to vigorously protect."

Oh f**k right off, you corporate c**ts. You're just worried someone will make a better film than you.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Since there's a new television show in the works, I'm not too worried about this movie doing any lasting damage to the franchise.  The show will probably go back to the dynamics seen in the old shows, updated for a modern audience.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's the ideal situation. I'd like to Jonathan Frakes direct an episode. He'd know what to do.

ace3g

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bryan Fuller Named Co-creator of New Star Trek TV Series

http://www.startrek.com/article/bryan-fuller-named-co-creator-of-new-star-trek-tv-series

Very exciting news for me.  8)  I'll have to eat this show up...

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed