All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,822 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It's official. Orci is directing.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/roberto-orci-to-direct-star-trek-3-1201180140/

I'm very willing to give him a chance.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 14, 2014, 03:19:01 AM
It's official. Orci is directing.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/roberto-orci-to-direct-star-trek-3-1201180140/

I'm very willing to give him a chance.

*Googles the director's filmography and associated works*

Yep.

R.I.P. Star Trek 3

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know the other 2 films didn't have much substance to them and actually anger me when I consider certain plot points but I like the style and felt the character moments were all good so I'll just go watch Trek 3 in the hopes it doesn't anger me, the Enterprise doesn't get near enough blown up (again) and the character beats are good.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

:-\

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The creepy 9/11 conspiracy theorist turned hack screenwriter turned major blockbuster movie director who could.

Good job, Hollywood.

First Blood

First Blood

Eww. This guy can f**k off.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Eh... He cowrote the first two. I'm willing to give him a chance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 14, 2014, 05:21:49 PM

Same.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2014, 08:09:29 PM

Same.

Same here. I just fear this might be a bit too much for him.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

SO MANY talented PEOPLE who would kill at the chance of directing a Star Trek film....

And Bob Orci gets the job!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

KiramidHead

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I'm going to wait until you guys see it, and give your reviews.  Raves I'll see it at the theater, boo's and I'll save my cash and wait for it on Amazon Prime  :D

SM

SM

Finally watched Into Darkness.  Dug it up till the bit where they blew up Khan's ship.

They suddenly just lose power and start falling to Earth - from the moon?  Then they do this awful forgery of Wrath of Khan.

Overall - decent, but let down badly by its climax.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was weird. Even though Kirk's death ultimately meant nothing because he's revived, I still cried pretty intensely during that scene. I think I'm more attached to these characters than I realize. I wonder if they revived him only because they don't want to completely rip-off the previous films.

SM

SM

I tear up on Wrath Of Khan, every time, after countless viewings since 1982.

The cringe inducing awfulness of Kirk's death, was capped off by Spocks laugh out loud "KHAAANNN!!!!"

It might work better for people not familiar with the source material - but that source material hit every beat perfectly, the performances were flawless, and it was an awesome pay off for everything that came before.  This time it was, as I said, a forgery.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed