All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,789 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Which is what would make the confrontation between the 'original' crew so interesting, in my mind anyways. Pit them against a foe that they never encountered in the show or movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2013, 10:20:19 PM
23rd century tech would never be useful against the Borg. The Federation didn't invent technology capable of really hurting them until the late 24th century, i.e. First Contact time.

Well as a result of the new timeline the Federation has future tech in the form of Spock Prime's personal ship, and maybe some bits of the Narada survived as well. Something could have potentially been reverse engineered and then expanded upon.

And even if that stuff isn't ever used, it be interesting to see Kirk and company survive because of their wits rather than because of weapons. Pit them against something new and see how this cast reacts.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

23rd century tech would never be useful against the Borg. The Federation didn't invent technology capable of really hurting them until the late 24th century, i.e. First Contact time.

Unless you count hand-to-hand combat, judging by 'First Contact'. :)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

A new Motion Picture - Nemesis Blu-ray box set has been released in the UK.

It is chunky. :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 28, 2013, 11:20:46 PM
A new Motion Picture - Nemesis Blu-ray box set has been released in the UK.

It is chunky. :D

Seagal Level Chunky (TM)

I actually saw a collection of the TNG movies next to the box set of the TOS movies that I picked up. I considered getting it for approximately 1.5 seconds. Then I remembered how shitty three out of the four films were.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I found this old commercial with William Shatner and James Doohan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfNv9qLvy4#

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 28, 2013, 10:24:46 PM

Well as a result of the new timeline the Federation has future tech in the form of Spock Prime's personal ship, and maybe some bits of the Narada survived as well. Something could have potentially been reverse engineered and then expanded upon.

And even if that stuff isn't ever used, it be interesting to see Kirk and company survive because of their wits rather than because of weapons. Pit them against something new and see how this cast reacts.

I can't remember when the Borg were beaten with wits rather than force.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 28, 2013, 10:35:10 PM

Unless you count hand-to-hand combat, judging by 'First Contact'. :)

Good point there. But that doesn't work against Borg vessels :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I pick up First Contact on Blu-Ray last night. I need to pick up Star Trek II, III, IV, VI and Star Trek '09 on Blu-Ray. I like to collect the movies that I like. I might get TMP in my collection depending on the mood that I'm in.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 28, 2013, 10:24:46 PM

The Borg would simply adapt against the reversed engineered "stuff" so really its a moot point. There would be no real advantage. Check out these videos about the Borg since you don't know about them. Different universe but its an interesting set of videos - a good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txo8OfYONA#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOV3NXC6eLI#

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thanks for the links, but I'm going to hold off on 'em in case I wind up just giving the original material a go :)

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 29, 2013, 08:00:41 PM
I can't remember when the Borg were beaten with wits rather than force.

Which means it could potentially lead to some exciting and entirely new sequences!

SM

SM

QuoteI can't remember when the Borg were beaten with wits rather than force.

First Contact.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're referring to Data turning on the Queen?

SM

SM

What else.  Data stooged her good and proper.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2013, 02:41:27 AM
Thanks for the links, but I'm going to hold off on 'em in case I wind up just giving the original material a go :)

Hold off no longer, FOO'EL! Just remember, the golden rule for all the series (TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT) the first 2-3 seasons are usually kinda bad. They all take a few years to blossom. That said, they're pretty damn good sci fi (for the most part).

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: SM on May 30, 2013, 05:12:30 AM
What else.  Data stooged her good and proper.

But he thought about it for Zero-point-six-eight seconds.

For an android

That is nearly an eternity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed