All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,789 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dude, go watch it. But make sure you watch the TOS episode "Space Seed" first to understand the sequel properly.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

This doesn't arrive here in Israel until mid-June. Ugh.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

This is looking to make slightly less money than the 2009 film :P

So a few critics are suggesting that
Spoiler
They should have been more open about Khan being in the film and integrated him in the ad campaign. It certainly would have built a lot of hype.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But that's their big surprised in the film. It would have ruined it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

But the Khan thing leaked out over a full year ago. It's not exactly a big secret.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

A lot of people are saying it was a poorly hidden surprise :P And that the film would have worked better if they had played their cards from the beggining :P

Spoiler
What if Nolan had a character that looked nothing like the Joker in the Dark Knight and had named him "Jim"... only to create a mistery for the audience? lol Then halfway through the film HAHA It was joker all along... yawn :/
[close]

btw
https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/335549516117843969

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2013, 05:45:08 PM
But the Khan thing leaked out over a full year ago. It's not exactly a big secret.

I didn't catch on to it.

ace3g

ace3g

Spoiler
I didn't have a problem with the reveal but I was hoping for more of a battle between the Enterprise and Vengeance. 

Also, I think they should have kept the interaction between "Harrison" and the guy at the beginning to "I can help your daughter" instead of showing him drawing blood and the whole transfusion scene, kind of takes away a bit of the "Kirk" scene because you know he wasn't going to stay dead long.  Would have worked better if the scene with the furry ball creature thing Bones put the blood into was the first time we knew what his blood did.

Funny but either I forgot he was going to be back or it was never mentioned but I was surprised when Nimoy showed up again.
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The big reveal was only big for the audience. It would have carried more weight if the characters in the film had a notion of who he was before hand.

Spoiler
When Cumberbatch said "...I am ... Kahn." I was half expecting Kirk to say " ... oookay." Such was the expression on his face.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's "Cumberbatch". As for the battle scene, it wouldn't have been much of a battle considering the Vegeance would have torn the Enterprise apart in seconds.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2013, 07:11:54 PM
That's "Cumberbatch".

Fixed.  :laugh:

Either way, Smaug is going to rule.

ace3g

ace3g

By the way what did you guys think of Robocop's scenes?

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: ace3g on May 18, 2013, 07:35:04 PM

Effective. He adequately portrayed a sense of authority.

Spoiler
Up until Khan popped his head like a grape.
[close]

I thought the character would have been marvelously played by Micheal Ironside or Ed Harris. But Weller got the job done.

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 18, 2013, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: ace3g on May 18, 2013, 07:35:04 PM

Effective. He adequately portrayed a sense of authority.

Spoiler
Up until Khan popped his head like a grape.
[close]

I thought the character would have been marvelously played by Micheal Ironside or Ed Harris. But Weller got the job done.

Spoiler
Yeah he was probably thinking "Damn and people thought what I went through in Robocop was painful" lol, no chance of being revived from that
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: ace3g on May 18, 2013, 07:46:18 PM
Spoiler
no chance of being revived from that
[close]

Spoiler

It's okay. I know where there are 72 73 cryotubes full of super healing Wolverine blood that can cure any ailment. Including death by head squish.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed