The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,816 times)

SM

QuotePerry has much larger females

Lebbon has indistinguishable genders, be it size, shape or otherwise

Oh, right.

RakaiThwei

In regards to the female Predators, their appearance has been... inconsistent but also very scant. To date, we've only seen three notable females. Big Mama, Sister Midnight, and Hashori. So in my mind... I chalked it up to different body types, with Hashori and Big Mama being females with a masculine and butch build. There are human females who do have this body type, so why not Predators too?

Now in the case of Big Mama and Hashori, they're more or less indistinguishable from the males.. until closely examined anyway but if too close, you're probably already gonna be dead shortly. But what if they're just... two examples of one body type?

As for Sister Midnight, okay, so she isn't canon but... still, she's just one example of a female Predator we've seen none the less.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws. I don't know.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 04, 2016, 06:46:03 AM
In regards to the female Predators, their appearance has been... inconsistent but also very scant. To date, we've only seen three notable females. Big Mama, Sister Midnight, and Hashori. So in my mind... I chalked it up to different body types, with Hashori and Big Mama being females with a masculine and butch build. There are human females who do have this body type, so why not Predators too?

Now in the case of Big Mama and Hashori, they're more or less indistinguishable from the males.. until closely examined anyway but if too close, you're probably already gonna be dead shortly. But what if they're just... two examples of one body type?

As for Sister Midnight, okay, so she isn't canon but... still, she's just one example of a female Predator we've seen none the less.

You have a point, there are human females that can easily be mistaken for males and trust me, I've seen some that really made me question their gender.

Liliya does this to Hashori, she only thinks Hashori is a lady, she's not entirely sure about it and does sometimes express her doubts.

SM

Hashori's full name is a bit of a giveaway.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2016, 08:47:54 PM
Hashori's full name is a bit of a giveaway.

What do you mean?

Are you referring to "Hashori of the Widow Clan"? Which I guess is a giveaway.

SM

Yeah.  It's not 'Widower Clan'.

Kaltes

Predator: South China Sea mentions a "young female" hunting very briefly, though her appearance is not described.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 04, 2016, 10:44:45 PM

Predator: South China Sea mentions a "young female" hunting very briefly, though her appearance is not described.

According to Jeff VanderMeer in the "Ask Jeff" thread on this forum (you can find it in the Archives), he says that the females look like the males.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 04, 2016, 10:57:53 PM
Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 04, 2016, 10:44:45 PM

According to Jeff VanderMeer in the "Ask Jeff" thread on this forum (you can find it in the Archives), he says that the females look like the males.

Yes! It makes them more alien and less human if their sexes and genders are different. I always subscribed to the idea that Predator males and females look exactly the same, at least to us. No boobs or hips. No visible ding-dongs or vajayjays.

When it comes to breeding I imagine that the females "ovulate" a blob/goop of eggs in a safe mass of water (spawning pool), preferably with a rich PH value, lukewarm and with a lot of nutrients. Maybe the egg goop is fluorescent as well, just like Predator blood, but of a different color, to "attract" males, or at least pinpoint to males that there are fertile eggs in the spawning pool they are strolling by. Maybe the egg goop emits pheromones that "turn" males on for them to release a load of pred-spermies into the flourecent egg plasma? Or maybe Predators are cyclical and only get into breeding mode every decade or so?

When hatched/born, the Predator spawns "kill" and eat their unhatched siblings and consume the leftovers. As they mature they soon start to pick and peck on each other, hunting the smaller ones of their litter as well as other fauna in residing in their spawning pools. The larger and more developed they get the more of their amphibian features, traits and abilities they lose, until they are physically forced to leave pool and area they developed in. This is where and when the rest of Predator society (i.e. the clan, tribe or whatever) go from guarding and observing their young to taking care of them to teach them and mentor them.

Predator parents don't have any maternal or paternal bonds or feelings for their own offspring. They don't even know who their kids are. The clan, tribe or hunting party the Predator individual was brought up by is its family.

Anyhow. Just a thought.

The Alien Predator

So close to September, can't wait!

Randomizer

About 11 days left. Get hyped !

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Tim Lebbon just teased some physical copies of the third book on his Facebook.

Corporal Hicks

Still hate these stock photos but man am I looking forward to it!

I'm hearing we may get a Predator focused prequel in the Predator anthology too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2016, 07:20:15 AMI'm hearing we may get a Predator focused prequel in the Predator anthology too.

Prequel to Rage War, you mean?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed