The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 240,136 times)

Corporal Hicks

No sign of my copy yesterday. Hoping one turns up today. If not I'll get one ordered on Amazon.

Ultramorph

Got mine just now! Can't wait to dive in.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 26, 2016, 02:24:10 PM
Got mine just now! Can't wait to dive in.

Feel free to share some interesting stuff! I gotta wait until Friday.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 26, 2016, 02:25:44 PM
Feel free to share some interesting stuff! I gotta wait until Friday.  :laugh:

I'll think I'll wait to see your take on the Predator segments if there are any in this novel.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

38 pages in...
Spoiler
A crew that just finished a drop-hole is getting attacked by one of the Fiennes ships.
[close]

51 pages in an we may have gotten a small bombshell...
Spoiler
QuoteShe had conducted a series of features on the Arcturus settlers, before they renounced humanity entirely.

Either Arturians aren't aliens OR there are humans who settled with them and assimilated. I hope this gets addressed.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 26, 2016, 06:40:50 PM
38 pages in...
Spoiler
A crew that just finished a drop-hole is getting attacked by one of the Fiennes ships.
[close]

51 pages in an we may have gotten a small bombshell...
Spoiler
QuoteShe had conducted a series of features on the Arcturus settlers, before they renounced humanity entirely.

Either Arturians aren't aliens OR there are humans who settled with them and assimilated. I hope this gets addressed.
[close]

WOW!!!!

Sea of Sorrows does explicitly say that
Spoiler
Arcturians were the first alien race met by humans. So those "settlers" may be humans who assimilated.

I mean COME ON! Arcturian Poontang will make anyone renounce their humanity!
[close]

I got a text from my book shop that my book has arrived! Picking it up tomorrow, can't wait!

Ultramorph

92 pages in...
Spoiler
and we've met the Rage's xenomorph queen. They feed humans from the Fiennes ship to her. Also, the slug-creature has been given a name: the Faze.

I defintely think that reference was to humans who have decided to live with the Arcturians.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 28, 2016, 04:43:21 PM
92 pages in...
Spoiler
and we've met the Rage's xenomorph queen. They feed humans from the Fiennes ship to her. Also, the slug-creature has been given a name: the Faze.

I defintely think that reference was to humans who have decided to live with the Arcturians.
[close]

Really fascinating stuff! Friday can't get here any quicker!

Corporal Hicks

I was just about to order this but Amazon has it listed as released on June 1st.  :-\

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2016, 05:25:20 PM
I was just about to order this but Amazon has it listed as released on June 1st.  :-\

Do you have a local Waterstones shop nearby? I order my books from Waterstones and then go to the store when they text me it has arrived.

Ultramorph

We've just met two new main characters...
Spoiler
Jiango and Yvette Tann, who are interested in the xenos as a potentially intelligent species, like dolphins. They had a son in the Marines who was killed trying to obtain xenos for W-Y. They live on a private station called Hell, frequented by pirates and people looking get away from the Company.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

Tim's website said it was due 26th April but changed it to 29th April.

http://www.timlebbon.net/library/alien-invasion-2/

TheBATMAN

just order from amazon UK. I got my copy delivered on the 22nd. Just not had time to read it all yet.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

121 pages in, and we've learned that Predators
Spoiler
don't need to go into suspension when going through drop-holes, which would destroy a human mind.

Palant and McIlveen also learned that Predator language consist of several languages as different as French and English, and that Predators who have hunted on Earth has adopted some Earth-like language structures.

We also got a brief mention of how many times WY had tried controlling the xenos by means as divers as mechanical and physic control. There was an odd reference to them attempting to genetically alter xenos, but it was a disaster. Reference to Resurrection, maybe?
[close]

The Alien Predator

I just got the book today and am already 42 pages in.

Man, I loved the Rage in the first book... I freaking love them even MORE now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed