The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 240,154 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 29, 2016, 08:30:58 PMThat may be true, but then how do you account for the "Alien" novels that were published by Titan as opposed to "Aliens" novels?

I get the impression Fox wants to get it back to Alien as that's what the franchise is actually called. But the comics have always been Aliens so they're staying as they are.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2016, 07:39:26 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 29, 2016, 08:30:58 PMThat may be true, but then how do you account for the "Alien" novels that were published by Titan as opposed to "Aliens" novels?

I get the impression Fox wants to get it back to Alien as that's what the franchise is actually called. But the comics have always been Aliens so they're staying as they are.

It's not just the comics.  There's been a tonne of material published or produced under the Aliens imprint.  It has been defacto the ALIENS franchise for the best part of 3 decades now.  Let's call a spade a spade here.  It is now being called the Alien franchise again because Ridley Scott has come back and since making Prometheus he's making another "ALIEN" film.  It's all just marketing and returning the focus to Ridley Scott's seminal work.

Personally, I think the graphics of the ALIENS franchise are superior.  They've infiltrated our collective pop-culture consciousness much deeper, but I do understand the logic of what is going on.  I am curious if Blomkamp's film will turn the tables back to the ALIENS camp..

The Alien Predator

Anyone else super excited for Alien: Invasion?

Corporal Hicks

Me. Definitely looking forward to seeing where Tim takes this.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I'm sure Ultramorph is just as excited as we are.  ;D

I'm hoping we get a preview like with the last book.

Do previews usually come out when the book is out? Because the last book was meant to come out in September but got delayed to October, but we got a preview instead on September.

But now it's April, fortunately there were no delays or this excitement would kill me from such an already long wait. XD

Feel free to check out TIm Lebbon's website, fellow novel fans.

You can have a look at his Rage War or Out of the Shadows novels and leave comments. So if you've got questions, don't hesitate to ask him.

http://www.timlebbon.net/

HuDaFuK

Seems Invasion will be getting the audiobook treatment. Strange that they're doing book two but not the first.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2016, 10:24:37 AM
Looks like they're doing the others too! http://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Predator-Incursion-Audiobook/B01DMNXIUK/ref=a_pd_Sci-Fi_c4_1_1_i/277-2607271-9651305?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1AGAG226ZBD1GYQ70QX2&pf_rd_m=A2YHV2RYTDNFG3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=detail-page&pf_rd_p=518531747&pf_rd_s=center-4

Shame it's not a full cast thing.

So it's just a voice reading the book? I hoped it'd be what Out of the Shadows is getting.

Still though, hope this gets more people interested in the Rage War.

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully if Out of the Shadows does well, they might invest in some more like that.

HuDaFuK

I hope so. I gotta be honest, I have almost zero interest in audiobooks, but I'm almost certainly going to pick up Out of the Shadows just because of the full cast audio drama style they've gone for.

Corporal Hicks

I pre-ordered that one as soon as it was announced! I love audio dramas. I used to get the Stargate ones religiously.

HuDaFuK

I'm just a tad disappointed they aren't releasing it in some physical format. But I guess that's probably down to length.

Corporal Hicks

And the current trend of everything being digital. Makes me sad. I'd rather have the CD in my hands.

HuDaFuK

Would be nice to have an actual cast list to look at too.

The Alien Predator

Yeah, I wish they'd make a CD, why does everything need to be digital these days? I'm not into audio books, but this audio drama tease was amazing to listen too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed