The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,809 times)

Perfect-Organism

tHE aLIEN IS SHOWING WAY TOO MUCH LEG FOR MY COMFORT.

And next time, I will make sure to look up from my keyboard so I don't end up typing with Caps Lock on again.

Samhain13

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 08, 2016, 01:05:35 AM
I know it has no bearing on the quality of the actual novels but it really kinda bothers me how crappy the covers are.
Me too, those AVPR covers dont give it justice.

happypred

Is that even Wolf? Helm looks a bit off

Ultramorph

They need some Dave Dorman art for the covers. I would love to see some of the new tech or The Rage elders in their alien tech suits.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 08, 2016, 04:05:53 AM
They need some Dave Dorman art for the covers. I would love to see some of the new tech or The Rage elders in their alien tech suits.

Nah, We're talkin' about some Den Beauvais for the win here...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Mar 08, 2016, 03:49:35 AM
Is that even Wolf? Helm looks a bit off

It is. They used the same image for the Horror Nights thing too.

As said Buddy said, I know it has no bearing on the quality of the novel but I sure wish they'd return to doing original covers for the books. What I'd give to see a Dorman cover again.

HuDaFuK

I even really like Youll's work on the DH Press novels. He used designs from the films, but at least he composed original images with them. Plus the digital style looked a bit more modern, whereas Dorman's and Bolton's covers - as awesome as they are - do look kinda dated and 90s.

Corporal Hicks

True enough. Can't fault Youll's work in general.

How about having Swanland do some covers then?  :P

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Over on Amazon, Alien: Invasion has been given an updated summary:
Spoiler
QuoteFor centuries Weyland-Yutani has tried to weaponize the aliens. Now someone has beaten them to it, sweeping through Yautja space and turning predator into prey.

Faced with the overwhelming forces of the Rage, Earth envoys forge an unprecedented alliance with the Predators. Yet even the combined might of two races may not be enough to stop the carnage, as an unstoppable swarm of Xenomorphs topples planet after planet, penetrating ever deeper into the Human Sphere.
[close]

Come on, 4/26!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 08, 2016, 10:25:16 PM
Over on Amazon, Alien: Invasion has been given an updated summary:
Spoiler
QuoteFor centuries Weyland-Yutani has tried to weaponize the aliens. Now someone has beaten them to it, sweeping through Yautja space and turning predator into prey.

Faced with the overwhelming forces of the Rage, Earth envoys forge an unprecedented alliance with the Predators. Yet even the combined might of two races may not be enough to stop the carnage, as an unstoppable swarm of Xenomorphs topples planet after planet, penetrating ever deeper into the Human Sphere.
[close]

Come on, 4/26!

April hurry the f**k up and get here already!

I can only imagine the summary for Book 3 now.

From the sound of it, I think humans may eventually enact some sort of law on the Alien, a nuke-from-orbit-to-be-sure law... I mean, if the damage is that bad, they may as well be a WMD and harnessing them would probably be made illegal if it isn't already.

I can see worlds being quarantined and any young or small hives instantly sterilized upon discovery to prevent future threats to mankind.

But some ambitious among us may see the potential after they see the damage caused by the Rage... and try to harness the same power.

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 08, 2016, 10:56:56 PM

Currently it just says
QuoteThe third book in the Rage War series
:laugh:

It will definitely be interesting to see how that status quo is changed by the end of this trilogy. Like we talked about a few posts ago, the Rage's tech will most likely be something the victors fight over.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 08, 2016, 11:05:18 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 08, 2016, 10:56:56 PM

Currently it just says
QuoteThe third book in the Rage War series
:laugh:

It will definitely be interesting to see how that status quo is changed by the end of this trilogy. Like we talked about a few posts ago, the Rage's tech will most likely be something the victors fight over.

Indeed.

I can't wait to see how human and Predator society gets influenced by this.

Do you think more books will be advertised? Like how Rage War was in River of Pain.

Imagine you turn to the last page of Armageddon and see "Prometheus: New Millennium" or something, hinting at a setting in the next millenium. XD

Ultramorph

I'm definitely hoping we get an ad for a new trilogy at the end of AvP: Armageddon. 2017 is the 30th anniversary of Predator, so it would make sense to continue with the franchises.

A Prometheus novel would be great, and I hope we get one some day. Maybe after Covenant comes out and the Engineers become a bit less restrictive. Super advanced, post-Rage War humans encountering the Engineers somewhere beyond the Human Sphere or something like that.

That being said, my big hope is still that the "big crossover" Randy talked about coming later this year is some sort of Rage War comic. Probably not, but one can hope.

happypred

The aliens haven't been bery convincingly weaponised IMO

...and given how shitty Yautja tech feels in comparison to Human Sphere tech, the alliance seems unnecessary

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 08, 2016, 11:40:29 PM
I'm definitely hoping we get an ad for a new trilogy at the end of AvP: Armageddon. 2017 is the 30th anniversary of Predator, so it would make sense to continue with the franchises.

A Prometheus novel would be great, and I hope we get one some day. Maybe after Covenant comes out and the Engineers become a bit less restrictive. Super advanced, post-Rage War humans encountering the Engineers somewhere beyond the Human Sphere or something like that.

That being said, my big hope is still that the "big crossover" Randy talked about coming later this year is some sort of Rage War comic. Probably not, but one can hope.

I just had a sort of realization.

Seeing as how Fire and Stone and now, Life and Death seem to be doing things.

What if a similar trend is happening with the novels?

We had an Alien Trilogy, and are now going through an AvP trilogy...

Then next will probably be a Predator trilogy and Prometheus trilogy followed by a giant 700 page conclusion novel. (Or instead of 700 pages, the Omega style novel can be another trilogy)

Maybe these could continue exploring the far future. Why else would Tim Lebbon be asked to set up a whole new world just for to be waved away after being built so much?

Quote from: happypred on Mar 09, 2016, 04:53:38 AM
The aliens haven't been bery convincingly weaponised IMO

...and given how shitty Yautja tech feels in comparison to Human Sphere tech, the alliance seems unnecessary

Come on man, you're comparing a Hunter's gear to a Space Marine's. Let's wait and see how their war gear pans out. Remember AvP: Extinction? Compare those Predator weapons to Anytime's. Speaking of which, Extinction had Nanovibronic discs and Incursion mentions Nanovibronic blades. Did anyone else notice that? Or am I just a Predanerd?

And the Aliens were convincingly weaponized, somehow the Rage did what Weyland-Yutani failed. They had all this time to experiment on Aliens while unhindered. Plus they may have even learned something from the Dog-Aliens while studying the ruins.

Humans have done it in the past, or tried to. I recall some Aliens were controlled through pheromones, just mimic the queen's essence and you control the hive.

And if it's psychological, well that's a piece of cake then, if you can brainwash people with radio waves and turn their neurons into nanobots through remote hypnotic suggestions, then you're a mastermind of that field and controlling Aliens should be super easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed