The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,819 times)

Ultramorph

Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon has gone live on Amazon for pre-order, with a release date of September 27, 2016.
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-vs-Predator-Armageddon-Rage/dp/1783296194/ref=pd_sim_14_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BJANJVXZNEZXJTHFGRQ

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 16, 2016, 01:30:35 AM
Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon has gone live on Amazon for pre-order, with a release date of September 27, 2016.
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-vs-Predator-Armageddon-Rage/dp/1783296194/ref=pd_sim_14_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BJANJVXZNEZXJTHFGRQ

Really exciting news!

Only three months until Book 2!

I got some speculative questions.

So seeing how
Spoiler
we didn't see the Yautja and humans team up until the second to last chapter of the book, how do you think the alliance will work? Will the leaders of each race strategize together? Who exactly will be in charge of this team up?

Also, how will this change the relationship of the two races by the end? Will the Yautja still hunt humans? Or will they see them as allies who have helped in a great historical battle?
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I've been wondering those same things, too.
Spoiler
I'm sure that the human leadership will have some level of coordination with the Predators, but my guess is that Lebbon will keep it to a minimum so as to avoid it becoming cheesy. As far as what will happen after the Rage War, I imagine things will probably go back to how they were before. The Predators don't seem like ones to change!  :laugh: Then again, we don't know how far out of control things will get by Book 3, so maybe the status quo will be totally altered. I'm holding out hope the dog-aliens will show up in the third book, which could really shake up the balance of power.

Man, when I think about all the stuff coming out this year, I just get so happy. An ongoing comic set between the first two movies, the rest of the far-future Rage War, another A/P crossover with Prometheus, and all the re-releases of the old novels and comics. Things haven't been active since probably '93-'95.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 17, 2016, 05:10:21 PM
I've been wondering those same things, too.
Spoiler
I'm sure that the human leadership will have some level of coordination with the Predators, but my guess is that Lebbon will keep it to a minimum so as to avoid it becoming cheesy. As far as what will happen after the Rage War, I imagine things will probably go back to how they were before. The Predators don't seem like ones to change!  :laugh: Then again, we don't know how far out of control things will get by Book 3, so maybe the status quo will be totally altered. I'm holding out hope the dog-aliens will show up in the third book, which could really shake up the balance of power.

Man, when I think about all the stuff coming out this year, I just get so happy. An ongoing comic set between the first two movies, the rest of the far-future Rage War, another A/P crossover with Prometheus, and all the re-releases of the old novels and comics. Things haven't been active since probably '93-'95.
[close]

It's a great time to be a hardcore fan.  ;D

Spoiler
Yeah, I got really interested when Isa Palant mentioned how Weyland-Yutani would try to "bring politics" into the negotiation with the Predators. Remember when they threatened to "nuke the f**k" out of the Predator homeworld? I wonder if the corporation will still have an agenda even in this time of strife?

I can't wait to see Lilliya and Hashori's adventures as well. Oh man! Three freakin' months to go! And then five months after that it's book three! At least Predator Life and Death will keep us entertained until book three!
[close]

predxeno

Yeah, W-Y threatening to
Spoiler
nuke
[close]
the Predator Homeworld was dumb, especially considering the Yautja have a whole "Death Before Dishonor" thing going.

Corporal Hicks

The Alien Predator

Isa does question whether the company even knows where the honeworld is seeing as no one else seems to know.

SpreadEagleBeagle

The Rage War sounds horrible to me.

Just out of curiosity, how far in the future does it take place?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 18, 2016, 07:27:46 PM

I think 200 years after Resurrection.

Ultramorph

A little more than that. It's set in 2692.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 18, 2016, 07:27:46 PM
The Rage War sounds horrible to me.

Starts in March 2692 and concludes in September 2692.

predxeno

I do think there were some mistakes in Predator: Incursion that altered the timeline incorrectly; that story was supposed to take place after Alien: Sea of Sorrows but the author made a mistake and it ended up taking place before, right?  At least, that's what I heard.

Ultramorph

That's just the opening chapter, which is set 200 years before the rest of the novel, and Lebbon admitted it was a mistake. It didn't effect the rest of the novel, though.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 20, 2016, 02:16:01 AM
That's just the opening chapter, which is set 200 years before the rest of the novel, and Lebbon admitted it was a mistake. It didn't effect the rest of the novel, though.

Exactly.

And in my headcanon, the USM, some independent company guy (Burke style) or some other company found some samples on that planet and after some screw ups, it was all covered up and forgotten.  :P

Either way, it really doesn't get in the way of the story at all, you can just as easily correct the dates mentally to any point after 2497.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 20, 2016, 02:36:59 AM

Exactly.

And in my headcanon, the USM, some independent company guy (Burke style) or some other company found some samples on that planet and after some screw ups, it was all covered up and forgotten.  :P

Either way, it really doesn't get in the way of the story at all, you can just as easily correct the dates mentally to any point after 2497.

I thought the references in the book to the samples from LV-178 were the ones from Sea of Sorrows that were stolen from the opening prologue?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed