The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 240,157 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2015, 07:40:29 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2015, 07:40:01 AM
Or perhaps that's now just the accepted name for the species?

Wouldn't surprise me. They use it on all the NECA figures. This makes me sad.

I'm not even a big Predator fan and this makes me sad.  I can only imagine what it must be doing to you.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 06, 2015, 03:27:46 PM
Richardson did say that Dark Horse never really considers or controls what others outside of Dark Horse does with the license when I asked him as Habbufet over at the AMAReddit.

At the time they would have because Dark Horse Press published the last lot of novels that introduced the Hish.

QuoteAlso, doesn't Dark Horse have their own in-house Bible and Fox have their own?

I honestly can't remember but I think it was both had one.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 06, 2015, 05:18:02 PM
It was actually me that responded to your tweet to Lebbon asking if we're getting anything from the Predator perspective.  :laugh: I'm glad he's keeping them alien.

Awesome! I've got a name and face to you!

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 06, 2015, 06:27:27 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2015, 07:40:29 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2015, 07:40:01 AM
Or perhaps that's now just the accepted name for the species?

Wouldn't surprise me. They use it on all the NECA figures. This makes me sad.

I'm not even a big Predator fan and this makes me sad.  I can only imagine what it must be doing to you.

It seems to me that there are Predator fans and Yautja fans. I'm a Predator fan.

So Ultramorph asked this: " Do you think eagle-eyed readers can glean a few details about Alien5 in Predator Incursion? I know you had to change a few things". Tim replied with "VERY eagle-eyed."

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 06, 2015, 05:30:17 PM
Got word from Lebbon, he's keeping the honor aspects!

https://mobile.twitter.com/timlebbon/status/629335782273253377

Yeah its a link via mobile but that's because I am using my phone. Hopefully he will answer my other question regarding whether we will get a tribal/clan based society or a.. ugh.. monarchy society.

https://twitter.com/timlebbon/status/629335782273253377

Ultramorph

Thanks for sharing, Hicks! Rest assured that I'll be poring over the novel on day one with my best eagle eyes.

TheBATMAN

Is this post Sea of Sorrows then? I wonder if Hoop will make a reappearance somehow?

The Alien Predator

I doubt Hoop will show up as this is set several centuries later. However, Decker may show up.

Ultramorph

It's not based on anything, but I feel like Decker won't show up until the second or third book. It's just a feeling I have. I feel like there will be some mystery set up over what W-Y is doing, and Decker will show up when the big reveal happens.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 07, 2015, 09:26:43 PM
Is this post Sea of Sorrows then? I wonder if Hoop will make a reappearance somehow?

I certainly believe its set in the new reset Sea of Sorrows world. I also don't think we'll see Hoop in this but I'm hopeful he'll make a return - maybe in the post-River of Pain stories?

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 07, 2015, 10:41:51 PM
It's not based on anything, but I feel like Decker won't show up until the second or third book. It's just a feeling I have. I feel like there will be some mystery set up over what W-Y is doing, and Decker will show up when the big reveal happens.

I imagine when it becomes more apparent that the Aliens are involved Decker might get involved somehow. I forget, did he end up still in the hands of W-Y? I could do with a reread of the books before Incursion.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:34:37 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 07, 2015, 09:26:43 PM

I certainly believe its set in the new reset Sea of Sorrows world. I also don't think we'll see Hoop in this but I'm hopeful he'll make a return - maybe in the post-River of Pain stories?

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 07, 2015, 10:41:51 PM

I imagine when it becomes more apparent that the Aliens are involved Decker might get involved somehow. I forget, did he end up still in the hands of W-Y? I could do with a reread of the books before Incursion.

Technically, Decker has "done" his part for W-Y, but nothing stops them from getting him back by threatening his family again. Because Decker is a low level empath, so his kids may have inherited it and that's why W-Y wanted him and used Ripley's "debt" as an excuse to threaten him.

And he probably hasn't fully paid it off if they decide to pull that one again.

Speaking of Decker and his slight empathy with the Xenomorphs, I am interested to see if he will be able to sense the Predators in some way. Some characters like Billy sensed them, and an Empath in the Judge Dredd crossover had a connection to the Predator which was explored in an interesting way.

I wonder how Mr. Decker's mild telepathy will play out here. It was well used and didn't feel over-relied upon in Sea of Sorrows which I liked.

happypred

Does Sea of Sorrows incorporate Aliens Colonial Marines?

Ultramorph

It doesn't mention the events of Colonial Marines one way or another, so it's up for interpretation. I'm not sure if the Weyland-Yutani Report mentions the game or not, but I somehow doubt it.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: happypred on Aug 09, 2015, 09:19:11 AM

It doesn't incorporate Colonial Marines, but it does mention Amanda Ripley from Alien Isolation.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 09, 2015, 12:12:46 PM

It doesn't incorporate Colonial Marines, but it does mention Amanda Ripley from Alien Isolation.
Wait really? like, by name? I haven't gotten around to reading Sea of Sorrows yet.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 09, 2015, 02:59:23 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 09, 2015, 12:12:46 PM

Wait really? like, by name? I haven't gotten around to reading Sea of Sorrows yet.

I think so, yeah, Ellen Ripley is definitely mentioned, but I also think Amanda is too.

The company woman in charge mentions them both while explaining how the Ripleys have beaten and survived the Xenos in the past.

It's been a while since I read the books, but I am sure she was name dropped.

Corporal Hicks

I can't remember if she's name dropped or not but they definitely reference Alien Isolation.

Ultramorph

She gets mentioned by name, IIRC, and they might even go so far as to say she encountered the xenos herself. My copy is in storage, so I can't verify.

On another note, I can't wait for the inevitable preview!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed