The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,819 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 30, 2015, 01:28:57 PM
I hope this guy dont try to make turn predators into something else, or we are going to get another Forever Midnight. The synopsis is already lowering my expectations a bit since an invading force of aliens that can pursue them through space seems like the predators' wet dream.

I dunno. Could be interesting to see then biting off more than they can chew. Actually show them earning their metal. I just hope the controlling species aren't humans and it serves to further expand the universe.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 30, 2015, 01:27:51 PM
I think Denis Beauvais was the king of Aliens art.  They should bring him back in a big way....

That would be my wet dream.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Donald on Mar 30, 2015, 01:05:56 PMThe cover looks a bit amateurish to me.

I guess there's always a chance it's not finalised. The book's not out for months yet, could be temp cover.

It looks like a promo image stolen from AVPR to me, what with Wolf and the sewer background.

Corporal Hicks

It's definitely from AvPR. But not sure you could call it stolen, Fox owns the rights for it all, after all.

Ultramorph

I agree, Hicks, I hope this trilogy expands the universe a bit. Who knows, maybe the mystery villains will be the dog-aliens.

I miss the old covers, too. They're nostalgic like those old Goodebumps covers.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2015, 01:55:46 PMIt's definitely from AvPR. But not sure you could call it stolen, Fox owns the rights for it all, after all.

Figure of speech :)

Nightmare Asylum

What are these dog-aliens people are referring to? Not the Alien 3 alien, I assume.

HuDaFuK

No. They were a different type of ancient (possibly extinct) alien discovered discovered aboard a derelict in the first and second books.

Corporal Hicks

Derelict in the true definition of the word, not a Juggernaut.

The description of their ship reminded me a lot of the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis.

But yes! I would love to see them show up in a bigger capacity! It annoyed me that the books didn't explore them.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2015, 02:07:37 PMBut yes! I would love to see them show up in a bigger capacity! It annoyed me that the books didn't explore them.

I thought the first book was a fine introduction, it told you some stuff while still leaving plenty of mystery, but then the second book completely squandered its big chance to do some more exploring of the species. I mean they had people there exploring them, and yet we never find out jack.

Corporal Hicks

It certainly did. I'd actually forgot we had this new species introduced. And with Tim writing the series, makes it seem likely that we'll get his own creation back.

Ultramorph

That was definitely the biggest failing of the second book. I kept waiting for living dog-aliens to show up or something.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 30, 2015, 01:28:57 PM
I hope this guy dont try to make turn predators into something else, or we are going to get another Forever Midnight.

Forever Midnight was what made me stay way from most of the upcoming novels at the time. When the Hish mythos was the status quo, I was completely turned off. I love the Yautja concept but I hope Lebbon stays away from it so whatever his ideas are doesn't alter or add something that doesn't belong to that mythology.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 30, 2015, 02:16:54 PM
That was definitely the biggest failing of the second book. I kept waiting for living dog-aliens to show up or something.

Moreover, there was a "dog alien" of sorts in a mural in the Prometheus film.  Then it was confirmed by the author that this is no the same as in the book.  I think that's kind of lame.  Really?  There's more than one dog alien species now?  Shut the front door!

Ultramorph

He didn't dismiss the possibility that they're the same species, he just said it wasn't his intention. So it's up to us to decide, basically.

Perfect-Organism

That tells me the dog aliens were written with complete ignorance of their appearance in the Prometheus mural.  Just a coincidence?  Or did fox ask the dog aliens to be included.  I think there would be some merit in asking the author again about the dog aliens.  Even if he was not aware of the dog aliens in Prometheus, if Fox requested them, then it could mean they are one and the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed