The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,610 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, I found the picture on Google. :(

Valaquen

Valaquen

Spoiler
[close]

Almost thought he'd be sharing supper with

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Not a bad ending at all, really goes to show just how far Daenerys has come since Season 1. At the moment, she seems to be the only contender for the Iron Throne who's genuinely loved by her people.

Still, I kind of hoped we would have seen...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart at the end. :-\
[close]

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Spoiler
I think the guy playing Ramsey Bolton is awesome and funny as hell. I think he looks a lot like Andy Serkis too. All the bad guys in this show are awesome Tywin, Roose Bolton and Walder Frey are all different but just great villains
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 10, 2013, 07:33:40 AM
Not a bad ending at all, really goes to show just how far Daenerys has come since Season 1. At the moment, she seems to be the only contender for the Iron Throne who's genuinely loved by her people.

Still, I kind of hoped we would have seen...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart at the end. :-\
[close]
Spoiler
Far too early. We get her in the epilogue and then never again (only mentioned in dialogue, and one chapter of Brienne's). She'll be next season; best they don't ram her on the screen and diminish the hurt of the RW. As book readers we tend to be impatient (book readers at WiC.net are crying over no Stoneheart and Coldhands for now. The show shouldn't blow its wad - next season will be awesome.)
[close]

Vepariga

Vepariga

Season final was good,not great but a good lead in episode for Season 4 to kick off too.

man,Red preistess,I hate her,but i love her at the same time. damn her.

and Arya rocks,yet again.

And Theon's sister gettin all geared up gave me excites.

as for..(book)..
Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart, I heard rumour that she wont be in the tv series. her character according to the show is over. But stranger things have happened.
[close]

m41guy

m41guy

I really think this was one of the weaker episodes this season.  It opened REALLY freaking great with the rest of the RW, and then seemed to go down from there. 

I liked how Arya got to see what they did to her brother.  I know it deviated from the book but I liked it(one of the few changes I do like).  I can see it really funneling her rage later on, now that she has seen her Father executed and seen her Brother's body desicrated.  Her coldblooded murder of the Frey at the stop, I almost cheered.  Also cause she should have done some pretty dark deeds earlier on at Harrenhall that was never shown. 

Speaking of Robb's desicration - Wow, I saw the leaked pic but I think this worked much better, ie more gruesome and horrific.  The leaked pic looked like they just put Grey Wind's head over Robb's, but the one they used it was easily seen that both were beheaded.  It hurt watching last week, but seeing that really made me feel like I did the first time I read it.  Parading him around, mocking him, ouch :'( and Arya seeing it.

I actually like Bran's scenes more and more, especially since the Reeds showed up.  Even when reading, before he leaves Winterfell I would quickly grow bored with his chapters.  Got to hear the Rat Cook story, finally but it was great.

After that, I didn't really care for the rest of the episode...thought it was kinda, "meh" :-\

Didn't have a real cliffhanger or "Whoa!" ending I was expecting like the previous ones. 

Still love Asha/Yara, Theon's sister. 

Can't wait til next F'N year >:(  This season seemed to go so fast.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Fantastic episode. One of the best of the best yet. A great way to ease out of the season, after last week's incredibly intense hour.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Vepariga on Jun 10, 2013, 12:51:52 PM
as for..(book)..
Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart, I heard rumour that she wont be in the tv series. her character according to the show is over. But stranger things have happened.
[close]
Spoiler
That character doesn't appear until the last page of ASOS. Putting her in now is way undue, and would lessen the effect of losing Catelyn a week ago.
[close]

Quote from: m41guy on Jun 11, 2013, 01:28:40 AM
After that, I didn't really care for the rest of the episode...thought it was kinda, "meh" :-\

Didn't have a real cliffhanger or "Whoa!" ending I was expecting like the previous ones. 
It's hard for them to make a cliffhanger in this case, because the season ends at a random point in the book, unlike the last two seasons which wrapped their respective books up and then some. It was really a transition episode from last week and into next year. But since it's GoT, transitions such as characters finally arriving in places is important. Less walking next year for some characters.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

This was a good episode, I think. Nothing earthshattering like previous finales, but it was a good "Here's where everyone is now" episode.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 11, 2013, 05:28:00 PM
This was a good episode, I think. Nothing earthshattering like previous finales, but it was a good "Here's where everyone is now" episode.
I'd say that's how all of the previous finales have been; fallout from the penultimate episode, which have all been earth-shattering.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I rarely find the fallout earthshattering... though in the other finales, there was always some sting at the end that showed us something we hadn't seen before (Dany has dragons! White Walkers are attacking!) Here, we get a sort of muted version of that, and it has implications, but it's not the same OMG feel.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Never really got those feelings from those, seeing as they were so heavily foretold of, setting the stage for the next season; just like
Spoiler
Dany successfully freeing all of the slaves.
[close]

In other shows, the finale is usually where the stinger is; in Game of Thrones, it's the penultimate episode.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 11, 2013, 04:03:21 PM
Quote from: Vepariga on Jun 10, 2013, 12:51:52 PM
as for..(book)..
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
That character doesn't appear until the last page of ASOS. Putting her in now is way undue, and would lessen the effect of losing Catelyn a week ago.
[close]

Quote from: m41guy on Jun 11, 2013, 01:28:40 AM

It's hard for them to make a cliffhanger in this case, because the season ends at a random point in the book, unlike the last two seasons which wrapped their respective books up and then some. It was really a transition episode from last week and into next year. But since it's GoT, transitions such as characters finally arriving in places is important. Less walking next year for some characters.

I know that.  I wasn't expecting a super big cliffhanger ending.  Just something a little more than so much nothing and ending with Dany crowdsurfing.  I KNOW why it happend; she freed the slaves.

The last two season finales have had/introduce the "Supernatural" or magical bit from the series.  1st one was the dragons and Dany not being burnt in the flames of the funeral pyre.  2nd was the not so much the entrance, but the re emergance of the White Walkers.  I figured they would keep with that.   With Sam meeting Bran and showing him the tunnel in the Night Fort, I was hoping it was going to end with
Spoiler
Bran meeting Coldhands
[close]
.  I knew that it would be Waaaay too soon for
Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart to appear
[close]
, and actually my biggest fear is not that they won't have her in the series, its that
Spoiler
it will be Talisa as LS instead of Catlyn.  Especially if she is going to do another show.  I'm hoping they will end season 4 with her introduction and in that case it's still very possible since it would be one scene and thereafter she is mostly a background character
[close]

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 11, 2013, 05:28:00 PM

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 11, 2013, 05:53:28 PM
I rarely find the fallout earthshattering... though in the other finales, there was always some sting at the end that showed us something we hadn't seen before (Dany has dragons! White Walkers are attacking!) Here, we get a sort of muted version of that, and it has implications, but it's not the same OMG feel.

These.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: m41guy on Jun 12, 2013, 02:20:15 AM
With Sam meeting Bran and showing him the tunnel in the Night Fort, I was hoping it was going to end with
Spoiler
Bran meeting Coldhands
[close]
That would have worked. I was disappointed that
Spoiler
they set him up in episode 8, and then Sam resumed his wandering in episode 9 as though the tornado of crows never happened.
[close]

Quoteits that
Spoiler
it will be Talisa as LS instead of Catlyn.  Especially if she is going to do another show.  I'm hoping they will end season 4 with her introduction and in that case it's still very possible since it would be one scene and thereafter she is mostly a background character
[close]
Spoiler
Undead Talisa won't happen. Sounds like the kind of book-reader scaremongering you see at other forums. Same folk predicted they wouldn't kill Ned, then predicted they wouldn't kill Robb, or would keep Talisa alive, et cetera. Furthermore, Conleth Hill, who plays Varys, also had a role in the show that Michelle Fairley has been cast in, and his role is reportedly bigger. Yet he still finds time to be in GoT. Coster-Waldeau filmed a couple of movies as well as Thrones last year, and is doing the same now. Ditto for Lena Headey.

Looking at my two-part ASOS paperback, episode ten of season three ended 200 pages into the second volume. There's only 600 pages of ASOS left to adapt. They already covered about 900-1000 pages of it. Looks like we'll get unCat midway through the season, with AFFC and ADWD creeping in at the end, possibly sooner, as they did with Theon this year.

Mostly conjecture. We'll see.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed