The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,635 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It is absurd how much I love this show... gets me so damn riled up. The premire was absolutely exhilarating and sets up a hell of a season of TV... I don't even want to put predictions here because so many of you have read the books. Favorite scene was the one pictured in the gifs above with Tyrion and Cersei. I just love how much swagger and confidence Tyrion waltzed into King's Landing with. Absolutely fantastic.

Auugh, so awesome.

First Blood

First Blood

Sweet. I am going to give this a watch later on and absolutely can not wait. Stannis you deceptively awesome sonavabitch, make me proud. ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 02, 2012, 03:58:08 AMI think the pacing was a tad too fast for my taste, but it would be hard to do otherwise.

I agree with this, but other than that, I really liked this episode.

The scenes at Dragonstone were my favorite.

Spoiler
I especially like how Melisandre actually waited until the effects of the poison showed on the maester until she took a sip herself, as to really show how she has nothing to fear.
[close]

The dragons looks great, couldn't really find a fault with them. Grey Wind didn't look quite as good, but good nonetheless. I suppose it's harder to make a wolf look realistic. Speaking of dragons, I really like what little we saw of Daenerys. I also hope we get the chance to see a little more of Rakharo this season. I know he didn't exactly have a huge role in the books, but I like the guy.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

I think the first episode shoud have gone for  one and a half (75 minutes) or twice the length (about 100minutes) of average episode as there is so much to cover over so many different characters and locations.
Funny they used real dogs in the first season, the wolf dosen't look like it was created by cgi rather they used the real dog and did something to make it look bigger- super imposed it or something next to Robb somehow? Maybe like what they did in Lord of the Rings to make the actors look small like hobbits. Well i though it looked okay because they looked too small in the first season. And a cgi wolf will always look worse than a cgi dragon cause nobody's seen a real dragon before to compare.

Spoiler
There was that bit whre Robb said if he allied with Renly and his 100'000 men he would outnumber the Lannisters by 2-1. We know that Rob has roughly 20'000 men in the field so this is about 120'000 that means the Lannisters have about 60'000 which is quite a lot considering Robb has beaten them 3 times  and destroyed Jaime's Army. So does that mean that if Robb and the North are by themselves they are out numbered 3-1 (60'000 vs 20'000), he's doing pretty well beating them. Does anyone know if these numbers are correct i know there different from the book. Renly should just let Robb be his general with 120'00 men he would crush the Lannisters!
[close]

I have only read the first book and i want to read the second only after watching season 2 i actually prefer the series to the book and have already ruined enough by reading stuff on the internet that spoiled suprises for me! Ned and Jaime's confrontation in the tv show was far better than the book which i know has more detail but i just enjoy the series more.

First Blood

First Blood

Overall, I found this to be an excellent episode.

Spoiler
And I agree with the others that things happened a little too fast. The scene when Tyrion arrived at King's Landing – was too quick and too short for my liking. And I would have preferred it if John Snow, the Old Bear and the Nights investigated some of abandoned villages – rather than showing them arrive at Craster's outright.

The scene with the burning of the Old Gods and the forging of Lightbringer at Dragonstone was great; maybe my favorite part during the episode; also, the scene between Littlefinger and Cersei. He nearly shit his pants – and so did I!
[close]

For the night is dark and full of terrors!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Was it just me or did Littlefinger sound a bit different than he did in the first season? Maybe he just had a cold or something, but he didn't sound like his usual self.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 02, 2012, 01:27:03 PM
Was it just me or did Littlefinger sound a bit different than he did in the first season? Maybe he just had a cold or something, but he didn't sound like his usual self.

He sounded the same to me in all honesty. :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 02, 2012, 07:53:05 AM

Minor book spoilers: A Feast for Crows

Spoiler
It's amazing how true that statement actually is. Cersei remains the only character who, after gaining her point of view in the books, I still despise.
[close]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 02, 2012, 07:53:05 AM
I don't even want to put predictions here because so many of you have read the books.

Nah, give out some. It'd be interesting to see.

Master

Master

Great! I love this show. But I think I`ll wait some time to have more than one episode to watch.

Effectz

Effectz

Can someone explain to me.

Spoiler
When the old man drops poison in his drink and begins to bleed from his nose,the woman who takes a sip is ok yet she has a pendant around her neck that starts to glow,she a witch or something?
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
Melisandre of Asshai. Not really a witch.

Just keep watching.
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 03, 2012, 01:40:25 PM
Spoiler
Melisandre of Asshai. Not really a witch.

Just keep watching.
[close]

That's a mighty fine signature you've got there :D

And, the ratings are in...

The Season 2 premiere got 3,858,000 viewers. Almost a million more then the Season 1 finale. This is good news. Hopefully HBO will announce the third season shortly like last year.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just saw the second episode, The Night Lands.

Spoiler
Yes, it has leaked online.

A lot more Arya in this episode. I really liked the chemistry between her and Gendry.

Tyrion made Bronn the new commander of the City Watch. A departure from the book, yes, but not one that I mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stannis' and Melisandre's "son".

I really liked the scene with Tyrion and Cersei. Same goes for the scene with Tyrion and Varys. Not even Littlefinger is as smooth as the Spider.

The ending was great as well. That's the first we've seen of the White Walkers since the first episode last year.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 03, 2012, 07:19:18 PM
I just saw the second episode, The Night Lands.

I jelly.

Spoiler
What was the scene about with the White Walkers? Did it involve Snow?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
Jon followed Craster as he was leaving his camp with his newborn son in his arms. We then saw him leave the boy out in the woods, where Jon saw a White Walker pick it up and carry it away.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed