The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,890 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Reading A Clash of Kings right now, and it's even better than the first one. I can't wait for this season to start.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 08, 2012, 02:51:05 AM
Reading A Clash of Kings right now, and it's even better than the first one. I can't wait for this season to start.
And the two-parter third book is even better!  ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Gah. So many books. I've still got like 3500 pages of this series left. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

aw gad, I'm excited ferchrissake!

m41guy

m41guy

I just placed my Amazon order for the 1st season.  Two more months just for that  :'( , but I guess it means rolling right into April with the 2nd season  8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) won a Golden Globe as well. :)

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=23821&count=0

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Just started watching because I heard good things, and it's as every bit as good as people have been saying.

m41guy

m41guy

f**k yea!  Man it drives me nuts just watching it on Youtuve hooked up to my tv.  I can't wait to watch it on dvd since I never got to watch on on HBO.

Highland

Highland

I don't think I can wait, I think I may have to go and get the books.....

Must.....know..... 8)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 08, 2012, 08:22:03 AM

A Storm of Swords is by far the best of the series, followed closely by A Clash of Kings. :D

Shasvre

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Jan 18, 2012, 10:10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5ItWizs08#ws

Emilia Clarke is looking mighty hot in this video!
Spoiler
I wonder if she will walk around with one breast out in Quaithe as she does in the book. Not that she's not used to being nude, but, it'd probably be very distracting. HaHa.
[close]

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Michael Harper on Jan 17, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

A Storm of Swords is by far the best of the series, followed closely by A Clash of Kings. :D

I thought 'AGoT' was better than 'ACoK', but 'ASoS' is definitely the best.

I haven't read 'ADwD' yet. Anyone got a spoiler-less opinion on it?

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 18, 2012, 10:32:07 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Jan 17, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

I thought 'AGoT' was better than 'ACoK', but 'ASoS' is definitely the best.

I haven't read 'ADwD' yet. Anyone got a spoiler-less opinion on it?

I've read quite a bit of negativity towards both A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, which I'm actually partly surprised about. Firstly, I really enjoyed both books. I recently read them both back-to-back, knowing that they are partially overlapped (until the latter part of A Dance With Dragons). I got a real sense of the "Calm Before the Storm", and I think that's what George R.R. Martin was going for. With A Game of Thrones, he put the story in motion basically. With certain character deaths, and particular events shaped the rest of the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series. Then with both A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords we were given what I believe was "chaos". There were betrayals, deaths, and more terror around every corner. So, when you reach both A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons you're left at a point that is now a bridge of sorts, between the chaos of the second and third book, and what I imagine will be full-scale anarchy in the final two books, The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. And secondly, I think a lot of the negativity is actually towards the length of time George R.R. Martin takes to write the books. Over the course of six years we've had two books that was as I described as the "Calm Before the Storm", and we must wait now until the sixth book has been written. And I understand where a lot of readers can get a bit disgruntled with that, but I also think that it builds even more of an anticipation - we're left in a bit of a limbo now until The Winds of Winter, and not only where the books giving me a sense of the "Calm Before the Storm" but this wait for the next book is like the readers going through the same experience.

So...basically, I really enjoyed it! :)

Oh, and just to add, I think that when the show reaches that point of the story, that A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons will be translated to script together, and will probably make up about two or three seasons of television. I think they will shorten it to about two seasons, with both books overlapping each other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed