Started by yhe1, Feb 26, 2019, 07:49:55 PM

Which is more offensive

David Creating the Alien
6 (19.4%)
Predators hunting for Autism and Iron man suits
25 (80.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
which is more offensive? (Read 3,852 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Really? It just fun-to-watch-from-time-to-time that you shouldn't take serious to any degree.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 24, 2014, 08:29:11 PM
I hate Alien Resurrection with the white-hot blazing fury of a million exploding suns.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2017, 09:06:32 AM
I hate AR even more than I hate myself.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Perfectly agreeing with Local Trouble here.

QuoteThe problem is one of tone and seriousness: as he expressed himself in interviews, Jeunet just saw Alien Resurrection as the opportunity to make an hollywoodian blockbuster with guns and explosions. For him it was a kind of psychedelic experience, or like holidays, far away from the nuances d'art et d'essai du cinéma français. Escape from Arty Stuff.

And it shows. The film has an incredibly sarcastic tone and isn't really interested in any of its characters. It's the polar opposite to the frankness, boldness and honesty of the first three movies. Basically it's EDGY AND IRONIC THE MOVIE.

Also yeah, Whedon's screenplay was shit, and the guy can write so he gets no excuse. Both Jeunet and Whedon rushed and botched and I'll never forgive them for that.

If I had a time machine, I'd use it to end Jeunet before it's too late.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 07:28:55 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 24, 2014, 08:29:11 PM
I hate Alien Resurrection with the white-hot blazing fury of a million exploding suns.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2017, 09:06:32 AM
I hate AR even more than I hate myself.
Oh, i'm sooooo sorry. I didn't want to touch your unhealed wounds.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 07:32:37 AM
If I had a time machine, I'd use it to end Jeunet before it's too late.

Oasis Nadraminator knocks the door and then asks in deep French accent voice "Jaun Peirre Jeunet?". And then, suddenly, he uncovers his gun and BANG! and BANG! and BANG! long after he was already dead.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 07:35:59 AM
https://i.embed.ly/1/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FWavyIncompleteBilby-size_restricted.gif&key=522baf40bd3911e08d854040d3dc5c07

Well, i'm not very generous one, so "I'm sorry" is all that you can get from me  :P

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Hahaha.  ;D

(Detail: I'm a they, not a he)

Reminds me of the Terminator "cameo" in the French movie La Cité de la Peur.

The heroin opens the door...

- Sarah Connor?
- Well, it's next door.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 07:50:07 AM

(Detail: I'm a they, not a he)

Aaaam...OK, i guess.

CelticP

CelticP

the only movie with an Alien in it that offends me is AvP-R.

Res was the first Alien film I saw in theaters at the tender age of 6. It would've been fine if not for the Newborn which scared me for years.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 28, 2019, 08:07:43 AM
the only movie with an Alien in it that offends me is AvP-R.

Res was the first Alien film I saw in theaters at the tender age of 6. It would've been fine if not for the Newborn which scared me for years.

Isn't great that there's person who is talking not about how ridiculous Newborn looking but how creature actually scared him? I think it's great.

CelticP

CelticP

I closed my eyes after a few minutes in the theater, and didn't open them until I was sure it was gone.

It took me I think 6 more years until I decided to watch it and get over it. That was when I got the Alien Quadrilogy. The Newborn has a very special place in my heart for freaking me out more than anything else as a kid.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Man, I've seen some bad takes re Covenant but some of the confabulations I've seen are seriously, well,  :D, mother of Christ... :D

David will fall. It's inevitable.

Otherwise...I mean, Christ...

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

What are you talking about exactly

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I mean, having seen The Predator with autistic members of the family nobody questioned the portrayal of the kid. I work with some autistic people as well and they loved it. So yeah, finding that it's offensive to somebody is actually a surprise to me because everything I saw pointed to the contrary.

Although I am curious about Rory's character post-Fox cut because it seems like he had two different portrayals in the film with him starting a little on the nose to being the more common "good with tech" thing. Both incarnations aren't out of the question, but I'm wondering if the re-shoot had anything to do with that.

Also what the Hell with Alien: Covenant? What did I miss?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed