Trachtenberg Talks Prey's Comanche Dub & New Predator/Naru Stills From Empire Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jul 07, 2022, 06:47:37 PM

Author
Trachtenberg Talks Prey's Comanche Dub & New Predator/Naru Stills From Empire Magazine (Read 19,135 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 07, 2022, 10:46:59 PMLooks like ADI is reusing the garbage wrist gauntlet armor from The Predator as well as the feet from that predator.

They look quite different to me. Just a quick, low-quality comparison to show what I'm seeing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ADI did not make the armor, right? It was QuantumFX? Maybe cast your judgement towards the correct people. But also, notice that they aren't using the same pieces but likely new sculpts all around. As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

SiL

ADI didn't do the armour on The Predator, no. And they do look different.

The feet might be the same but are we really going to complain about that...?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 12:27:48 AMThe feet might be the same but are we really going to complain about that...?

brokentusk420

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 12:27:48 AMADI didn't do the armour on The Predator, no. And they do look different.

Still looks like dogshit

BigDaddyJohn

It would be silly for it to have the exact same wrist gauntlet as 300 years later.

SiL

XENOMORPHOSIS

Just another day on the internet, see what people are discussing about this photos...   :o

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 08, 2022, 01:08:11 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 12:27:48 AMADI didn't do the armour on The Predator, no. And they do look different.

Still looks like dogshit

you having a bad day old chap?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 07, 2022, 08:24:25 PMThe more we're seeing of Feral, the more I like it.

Yeah, I'm really onboard with what we've seen of Feral! I'm really looking forward to a clearer look though, and I'm still apprehensive about the unmasked face, but so far I do love what we're seeing of him.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 08, 2022, 12:20:36 AMThey look quite different to me. Just a quick, low-quality comparison to show what I'm seeing.

Yeah, they don't look the same at all.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 12:27:48 AMThe feet might be the same but are we really going to complain about that...?

That does feel overly "just picking on anything," Tusk.

RidgeTop

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 07, 2022, 10:46:59 PMLooks like ADI is reusing the garbage wrist gauntlet armor from The Predator.

They're not.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Usually when people decide to hate something, there's not much you can do. But they have the right to do so though, obviously.

Only thing that bothers me is that it's still too early to already hate it IMO.

SuperiorIronman

I don't think they reused anything for this. Nothing really stands out to me coming from another production. Maybe some edits have been made and I just can't tell but I'm not seeing it. As far as I can tell it looks like ADI got told to make Tractenberg's Predator and that's exactly what they did.

It would've made sense if Bryan Prince or Kyle Strauts was in the suit again but we got a new actor for this and the director wanted him to be sleeker. So I'd imagine the suit is fitted specifically for Dane DiLiegro. At best if Fugitive's armor was used for this, it was probably a basis for Feral's armor. We know they did do something like that for Fugitive's plasmacaster but even then, that's only the starting point. They're not using Fugitive's gauntlets as is if they did at all.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 07, 2022, 07:48:17 PMCan we talk about how ol' Feral isn't even wearing anything on its feet? It looks like it's wearing rags for Christ sake. Seems like a shipwreck survivor to me.

This is nothing new, City Hunter wasn't wearing anything on his.  I think the ankle wraps might be throwing you off.

BigDaddyJohn

I quite like the wrapped feet. Looks like a mountain raised predator or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed