Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes!

Started by Glaive, May 15, 2012, 08:03:29 AM

Author
Prometheus soundtrack on iTunes! (Read 57,034 times)

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Snowdog on May 15, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
The soundtrack sounds really amazing ;D And fits perfectly within the alien universe if you'd ask me 8) One less thing to worry about

Hope ya don't DIE in the meantime, OldMan...

Winkie Bear

A lot of it is very reminiscent of the kind of industrial synth that Brad Fiedel did for the Terminator movies - I do like "David", though, as you really get a feel of a clockwork mechanism.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's ridiculous that it can be bought this early. I'm tempted... but I preordered the CD. Why pay for lossy rubbish digital files when the alternative is available soon?

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Glaive on May 15, 2012, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 15, 2012, 12:29:36 PM

Thanks to Glaive for the heads up on this, also thanks for the snippet clip Eva.

No need to thank me...Ron Swanston got this over an hour and a half before me, from a completely different source to mine.
Didn't know it at the time, just checked the 'soundtrack' thread to see if this was new info...didn't see it and decided this was BIG enough for it's OWN thread...

...only saw Ron's post some hours later on the 'Harry Gregson Williams contributing to the score.'-thread...

Sorry, Ron and Good'On'Ya Eva!!

It's fine giave this isn't a fanboy competition, just glad to share the news, and it's really good news, I bought the st, listened to it in its entirety, It's really good, I can't wait to see the stunning visuals that will accompany it, Great achievement by Streintfield, considering all the vitriol I see on the Internet (alot of it here ) towards his work.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Ron Swanston on May 15, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Glaive on May 15, 2012, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 15, 2012, 12:29:36 PM

Thanks to Glaive for the heads up on this, also thanks for the snippet clip Eva.

No need to thank me...Ron Swanston got this over an hour and a half before me, from a completely different source to mine.
Didn't know it at the time, just checked the 'soundtrack' thread to see if this was new info...didn't see it and decided this was BIG enough for it's OWN thread...

...only saw Ron's post some hours later on the 'Harry Gregson Williams contributing to the score.'-thread...

Sorry, Ron and Good'On'Ya Eva!!

It's fine giave this isn't a fanboy competition, just glad to share the news, and it's really good news, I bought the st, listened to it in its entirety, It's really good, I can't wait to see the stunning visuals that will accompany it, Great achievement by Streintfield, considering all the vitriol I see on the Internet (alot of it here ) towards his work.

I'm not a fan of Streitenfeld but his score for Prometheus looks to be his best offering yet.  It seems that he has raised the bar for himself and even paid tribute to Alien at times.

JKS1

JKS1

Sounds ok in my opinion
Certainly doesnt blow me away but I dont hate it either

I know I'd like it a helluva lot more if instead of being mostly synthesized music MS utilised the lushness of a full living breathing philharmonic orchestra - same tracks but on real strings, real wind, woodwind, brass and percussion etc....

I know Fox could afford it no problem so why not ?

Rong

Rong

He probably prefers to work digitally for his creative process, and possibly also an efficiency issue I'd assume his workflow would be quicker this way?, seems like a minor quibble to have honestly.

Pvt. Himmel

Now we are complaining about the soundtrack??

Up next: Complaints about what the actors are wearing and why.. :laugh:

jevjnd2000

So, am I led to believe that our cobra friend that we've seen in various clips is the hammerpede?

Rong

Rong

Hang on I'm still complaining about the suits... ... They are too revealing!!!!

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: jevjnd2000 on May 15, 2012, 02:41:48 PM
So, am I led to believe that our cobra friend that we've seen in various clips is the hammerpede?

I am pretty sure it is.

(Hammerhead Shark - Shark) + Snake = Hammerhead Snake

Hammerhead Snake + Stampede = Hammerpede

ryanjayhawk

Loved David and Hyper Sleep especially... very ethreal and creepy...

szkoki

szkoki

ok im not gonna listen to this , f*in itunes and its apple application support problem , im more lazy than crazy

note: ok, its cool :D

Deuterium

Deuterium

Nope...not doing anything for me, so far.  It is hard to form a good impression from such short clips...but I had a hard time discerning any evocative themes or motifs.

Edit:   I agree many of the tracks sound suitably atmospheric, and may fit well in the over-all context of the action and narrative...but I still like to hear 2 or more memorable themes/motifs.

Goldsmith's score for Alien was mostly "impressionistic" (especially when Scott and the editors incorporated lots of bits from his earlier score from "Freud")...nevertheless, the original "Main Title" theme, and "Hyper Sleep" were incredible, and these themes recurred in variations throughout the film.  And the musical cue during the reveal of the Space Jockey ("The Skeleton") was simply sublime.

CanisMajoris

CanisMajoris

Most of them sound creepy and awesome. I think they will fit perfectly to the visuals :)

P.S. Hammerpede is my favorite so far :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed