Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 761,384 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2019, 02:14:47 PM
So what's the first indication of an alien presence on board the Sulaco in the workprint?  Was it this?

Oh god. The fingernails.

The Old One

The Old One

A favourite shot of mine, gorgeous.

Huggs

Huggs

They are rather stylish.

SM

SM

So what's the first indication of an alien presence on board the Sulaco in the workprint?  Was it this?

I can't see what 'this' is, but it's the unfolding facehugger fingers.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 21, 2019, 09:55:26 AM
I could be mistaken, but I believe the film originally had no visible egg at all, but after people in the test screenings were "confused" about where the Alien came from, they added a shot of an egg. That would go some way to explain its bizarre, incongruous placement.

F'king test screenings is the reason why Blade Runner originally had a voiceover and happy ending, why the switch between David and Walter
is so blatantly obvious in Covenant, why a lot of gore was cut out of Alien...

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2019, 08:54:14 PM

I can't see what 'this' is, but it's the unfolding facehugger fingers.

Yep, that's the picture that Trouble posted.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Isn't it also possible that the studio felt that every stage of the lifecycle had to be visually represented?  Otherwise, it would have been the first movie in the series that didn't have the iconic egg from the original film's poster.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 22, 2019, 12:01:16 AM
Is it also possible that the studio felt that every stage of the lifecycle had to be visually represented?  Otherwise, it would have the first movie in the series that didn't have the iconic egg from the original film's poster.

Not that it was ever the same egg as that poster anyway.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

True, but you get the idea.

Kradan

Kradan

I've got it. If you not include Aliens' eggs into movie you get AVP Requiem lol.

The Old One

The Old One

No, I don't think so.
The Blade Runner comparison is more apt.
Spoiler
[close]
Regardless of it's issues, the one really.
I love the visuals of the opening.  :)

razeak

razeak

Amazing how much less BS would go on about Alien 3 if a facehugger had simply evacuated Ripley's inferno and just followed her and the queen to the drop ship.

Huggs

Huggs

At the end of the day, Alien 3 is still a sci-fi/horror film. There's a certain amount of the audience that are going to see the egg and just go, "Yep, that's an alien alright. Yep, oh better watch out there Sigourney". And then they'll just watch the movie with no more thought given to it.

I honestly don't care about the hugger anymore. Was it executed poorly? Yes I think so. But there's really nothing that can be done about it at this point. I just enjoy the movie for what it is.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought the facehugger's execution was fine, to be honest.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, the issue is the thread's title.
Omission of it for the 4KSE release I'd appreciate.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I doubt that'll ever officially happen, somebody "upstairs" would have to really care to do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed