Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 285,574 times)

BishopShouldGo

Lol holy shit is Covenant going to make $200mm LESS than Prometheus?!

gantarat

gantarat

How much Studios get Revenue Share from others country ?

juxtapose

at this point i don't see it making more than 300 at the box office. .i wonder if thats enought to greenlight a sequel. .the box office is a dissapointment so far. .many here thought it would crack 550 to 600 mil. .definately don't see that happening anymore. .makes me really sad!

SpeedyMaxx

I certainly thought it would do reasonably well or somewhat better than Prometheus, and I haven't exactly been a big booster of this film. Pretty surprising.

Protozoid

Was just revisiting the old box office prediction thread.  So much optimism. But the experts were right.

juxtapose

i think ridley made a decent movie worthy of being a block buster. .unfortunately the masses would rather watch the latest superhero movie. .wonder if those will ever get old. .i don't mind them either but i am starting to get bored with marvel movies . .their always seems to be at least one on the circuit. .they are spawned relentlesly and half the top 10 yearly box office are superhero related and the other half is disney or dreamworks animations. .with the ocational other type of franchise like fast and furious. .all this family frienly crap. .

windebieste

wot u sed.

ezactly wot u sed.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

It's doing well for an R rated horror film.  Most of the money comes from merchandising, anyway.

PierreVW

Now, I'm almost sure Sir Ridley is going to leave the franchise.

The next ALIEN movie is going to have a SMALL Budget similar to ALIEN V PREDATOR(Paul W.S. Anderson) budget. Like 50-60 Millions.

Sir Ridley Scott STILL get BIG Budgets for his other films. He made his biggest hit(THE MARTIAN) with 108 Millions.

So, He DOESN'T need a new ALIEN movie with a small budget of 50-60 Millions.

BishopShouldGo

No no no no no, Pierre. This is not IMDb.

gantarat

Quote from: juxtapose on May 27, 2017, 07:04:53 AM
i think ridley made a decent movie worthy of being a block buster. .unfortunately the masses would rather watch the latest superhero movie. .wonder if those will ever get old. .i don't mind them either but i am starting to get bored with marvel movies . .their always seems to be at least one on the circuit. .they are spawned relentlesly and half the top 10 yearly box office are superhero related and the other half is disney or dreamworks animations. .with the ocational other type of franchise like fast and furious. .all this family frienly crap. .

When movies franchises didn't make money/profit anymore.

juxtapose

juxtapose

baywatch looks like it might flop. .at least in north america. . .watching other movies fail makes me feel better about covenants performance. .lol, i know i am evil. . But let me have my fun. .and their is already a long list of flops this year. .some deservingly so and others not so much. .and a few that was actually suprisingly decent. .at least covenant won't be on that long list of outright flops from 2017. .some movies don't even look like they will cover their budget. .a cure for wellness definately wont and that was not an awfull movie and King Arthur got a decent score from the audience despite how critics hated it. .

Richman678

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=covprom.htm

Saw this, and wasn't sure if it was posted yet

cucuchu

Well now, even I am having trouble being optimistic.

So if somehow Ridley was allowed and intent to shoot the follow up next June or so like he said, when we know if it was given the green light? Assuming proper preproduction would need to go into effect later this year yeah?

acrediblesource

Ridley is smart. Consider if they actually need the sets from Prometheus to recreate the original 1979 version, they could do that with alot of tweaking or just using the manufacturing process would probably speed things up. Or just re-use and refine.
That would be an added bonus to the budget.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed