Don’t Look For Cameos In ”˜Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem’

Started by ace3g, Sep 12, 2007, 12:00:08 AM

Author
Don’t Look For Cameos In ”˜Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem’ (Read 4,185 times)

ace3g

If this was posted somewhere else, please delete it

Now that our exclusive first-look report on "Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem" has gone live, I wanted to post another few bits of news that weren't able to make it into the story.

While interviewing the very cool Brothers Strause, they repeatedly talked about what huge fans they were of "Alien" and "Aliens." With that in mind, I wondered if they had asked Sigourney Weaver, Yaphet Kotto or any of the other surviving stars to cameo in a different role - as Lance Henriksen did in the first "AvP" flick.

"We actually went after a couple of people that would have been really cool cameos," revealed Greg Strause. "One of which blew us off," shrugged Colin. (See an exclusive photo after the jump.)

"Yeah, one which shockingly blew us off," Greg agreed, "and the other we just didn't have the money to do it. It would have been a really cool throwback for the fans, so we did try to do it in a subtle way."

"We did attempt it and it didn't happen," Colin explained, insisting that neither of them would name names. "But in the end, the movie's better without them."

The Brothers Strause also explained why the sequel is "Aliens vs. Predator" after the first flick featured multiple Aliens but kept the title in the singular. "We like that title, because it's the same thing that Cameron did," said Greg, who worked with the legendary director on "Titanic." "His wasn't 'Alien 2'; it was 'Aliens.' It's a classier thing. Plus, from a studio standpoint, Fox has been trying to stay away from numbers on sequels, which I think is good...you want to try to keep it distinct, make sure that people know it's a sequel, but that it isn't just 'Alien vs. Predator 2.'"

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/11/dont-look-for-cameos-in-aliens-vs-predator-requiem/

CelticP

I wonder who blew them off.... ::)

Major Alan Schaefer

yea well that sucks Arnold will never have a cameo in this seris now lol

CelticP

That would suck so much...

Major Alan Schaefer

not really they could make it good, stop being negative about everything do u like anything in this movie for christ's sake

mightydreadlock

Arent they fans of Predator? I heard they were fans of the alien films several times but...

CelticP

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Sep 12, 2007, 12:13:00 AM
not really they could make it good, stop being negative about everything do u like anything in this movie for christ's sake
I like pretty much everything about this movie.....periods.....

Major Alan Schaefer

They like Predator too lol

RidgeTop

I bet it was lance henrickson who shockingly blew them off.  maybe for a death news report or something.  because he has been in some pretty bad movies.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: AdamJZ on Sep 12, 2007, 12:22:20 AM
I bet it was lance henrickson who shockingly blew them off.  maybe for a death news report or something.  because he has been in some pretty bad movies.
Yea i bet that was it i would have liked to see that..

CelticP

Quote from: AdamJZ on Sep 12, 2007, 12:22:20 AM
No...Lance was only in the Aliens movies...it wouldnt make sense....

mightydreadlock

Naah it was the guerilla "stick around", he recovered and would play a major role in AVP2.

Ratchetcomand

That to bad because i like cameos. I whated Sigourney Weaver to have a Cameo in the movie.

CelticP

Yeah...that would TOTALLY work.... ::)

mightydreadlock

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 12, 2007, 12:31:40 AM
Yeah...that would TOTALLY work.... ::)

Ripleys great grandmother :P

dialogue:

I like the name Ellen, someday there must be a female heir in my family with the name Ellen (a piece of dark prophetic alien score in the background). :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed