New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,298,788 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I have not seen many underage brats like I do on others sites that I go on like Toho Kingdom for example. Maybe they are but I hardly post in any Alien/Predator/AVP topics anymore.

Signore Predatore

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 27, 2011, 07:05:58 PM
I have not seen many underage brats like I do on others sites that I go on like Toho Kingdom for example. Maybe they are but I hardly post in any Alien/Predator/AVP topics anymore.
Or seeing them when your playing Call Of Duty.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's why we play Battlefield, children.

Signore Predatore

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 27, 2011, 11:43:52 PM
That's why we play Battlefield, children.
Amen, to that.  :)

StayFrosty

Hi, yep I'm new here.

I've never really posted on any Alien forums before. I'm pretty out of touch with the expanded Universe.... never read any of the comics, except the Alien 3 comic, and the small comics that came with the Kenner toys. Video games too... haven't done much of that. Colonial marines looks really interesting though, and I might get it. Although, the problem is for me, while Aliens have been a HUGE obsession in my life, it's always on and off. I seem to lose interest after 4 months or so. Perhaps due to the lack of awesome canon material. I just got back into it about a month ago and I'm building an Alien hive figure collection with classical alien versions (Alien and Aliens) from Neca and McFarlane. I will buy the same figure over and over again, hopefully creating a nest of at least 20 aliens. It doesn't make sense having a hive with all these different looking aliens.... plus in Resurrection and above the Aliens look like shit... and in Alien3 it was a dog alien.

BUT... I have seen the movies dozens of times, especially ALIEN and ALIENS. Not to brag but I seem to remember more about the films judging by what I've seen people say on several Alien forums, by their own admission. So I think I can be a valuable member here. I have a lot of incite to add.

I'm really not a Predator fan... at all. The Predators do look awesome though... but I find them uninteresting. However, one of the posts I want to make is regarding how and why Alien and Predator became such a successfully connected franchise.

I fell in love with the Aliens just by looking at this OLD Kenner toy catalog where it showed all these Alien figures... and because I knew my dad likes the movies, and had a copy ALIENS in our house. My mom forced me to watch all the movies in order..... which was good. I was only 9 years old, and at 8pm I sat in the basement home alone watching ALIEN. It's amazing that some people think ALIEN is boring.... ME, a 9 year old boy found it to be an AWESOME movie. I don't get disturbed by many things, even back then, but the scene where the Alien grabs Dallas in the airshafts is one of the most disturbing scenes ever. I had to turn off the film for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, I found the conversation after Dallas was taken to be one of the most HARDCORE things ever.

ALIENS ended up being my favorite film.... but it certainly wasn't as disturbing. In recent years ALIEN seems to be my favorite and it'll probably stay that way.

Any way, I have a lot of incite to add, as well as many questions. I hope to begin popping out posts tomorrow. I also am thinking of buying some of the classic comics. But I really hate the idea of all these Alien mutations, or even adding things to the Alien that aren't seen in the first two films. I don't even like the idea of the Empress Queen from the comics so many people rave about. I don't really like the idea of Aliens morphing into queens, or morphing someone into an egg, either. But I guess one of those is really the only way to explain the infestation on Hadley's Hope. Part of me wants to ignore the Special Edition of Aliens and just say that a whole group of colonists went into the derelict and got infected... thus the chances of one of them being impregnated by a Queen were great.

But yep, that's just me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Welcome to the site and nice name as well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 28, 2011, 07:07:46 AM
Hi, yep I'm new here.

I've never really posted on any Alien forums before. I'm pretty out of touch with the expanded Universe.... never read any of the comics, except the Alien 3 comic, and the small comics that came with the Kenner toys. Video games too... haven't done much of that. Colonial marines looks really interesting though, and I might get it. Although, the problem is for me, while Aliens have been a HUGE obsession in my life, it's always on and off. I seem to lose interest after 4 months or so. Perhaps due to the lack of awesome canon material. I just got back into it about a month ago and I'm building an Alien hive figure collection with classical alien versions (Alien and Aliens) from Neca and McFarlane. I will buy the same figure over and over again, hopefully creating a nest of at least 20 aliens. It doesn't make sense having a hive with all these different looking aliens.... plus in Resurrection and above the Aliens look like shit... and in Alien3 it was a dog alien.

BUT... I have seen the movies dozens of times, especially ALIEN and ALIENS. Not to brag but I seem to remember more about the films judging by what I've seen people say on several Alien forums, by their own admission. So I think I can be a valuable member here. I have a lot of incite to add.

I'm really not a Predator fan... at all. The Predators do look awesome though... but I find them uninteresting. However, one of the posts I want to make is regarding how and why Alien and Predator became such a successfully connected franchise.

I fell in love with the Aliens just by looking at this OLD Kenner toy catalog where it showed all these Alien figures... and because I knew my dad likes the movies, and had a copy ALIENS in our house. My mom forced me to watch all the movies in order..... which was good. I was only 9 years old, and at 8pm I sat in the basement home alone watching ALIEN. It's amazing that some people think ALIEN is boring.... ME, a 9 year old boy found it to be an AWESOME movie. I don't get disturbed by many things, even back then, but the scene where the Alien grabs Dallas in the airshafts is one of the most disturbing scenes ever. I had to turn off the film for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, I found the conversation after Dallas was taken to be one of the most HARDCORE things ever.

ALIENS ended up being my favorite film.... but it certainly wasn't as disturbing. In recent years ALIEN seems to be my favorite and it'll probably stay that way.

Any way, I have a lot of incite to add, as well as many questions. I hope to begin popping out posts tomorrow. I also am thinking of buying some of the classic comics. But I really hate the idea of all these Alien mutations, or even adding things to the Alien that aren't seen in the first two films. I don't even like the idea of the Empress Queen from the comics so many people rave about. I don't really like the idea of Aliens morphing into queens, or morphing someone into an egg, either. But I guess one of those is really the only way to explain the infestation on Hadley's Hope. Part of me wants to ignore the Special Edition of Aliens and just say that a whole group of colonists went into the derelict and got infected... thus the chances of one of them being impregnated by a Queen were great.

But yep, that's just me.

Good bio buddy, nice to meet you. Welcome to AvP Galaxy :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Welcome to the Galaxy StayFrosty. Nice introduction to yourself. :)

aliennaire

Hello, guys!

First, thank you for the warm welcome greeting by administrator right after I was allowed here :-)

I'm really glad to be the part of community, like this, since I'm a steadfast Alien/Aliens fan (*sighs*, yes, only of two first films).

Aliennaire is the name of my story, hopefully, I'll show it here (after I get it finalised).

Regards,
Diana

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Welcome onboard the Galaxy aliennaire. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: aliennaire on Oct 30, 2011, 11:38:06 AM
Hello, guys!

First, thank you for the warm welcome greeting by administrator right after I was allowed here :-)

I'm really glad to be the part of community, like this, since I'm a steadfast Alien/Aliens fan (*sighs*, yes, only of two first films).

Aliennaire is the name of my story, hopefully, I'll show it here (after I get it finalised).

Regards,
Diana

And another lady joins our ranks! Welcome Diana :)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: aliennaire on Oct 30, 2011, 11:38:06 AM
Hello, guys!

Regards,
Diana

Welcome to the Galaxy Aliennaire enjoy your stay and post that story once it's finished.

aliennaire

Thank you, guys!
:-)

Never say no to Panda!

Welcome to all new members...and as usual: Pls drop a PM if you owe me money!

Ripley7

Ripley7

I have been a fan of the Alien saga for over 20 years! I actually saw Aliens first on my 15th bday and became totally hooked! I couldn't go a day without seeing it!! and then I rented Alien a few months later! I love all the Alien films (even have a little love for the AVP films) and see something unique in them all!! however everytime I watch Alien and Aliens I always seem to see something I hadn't noticed before..

Anyways hi to everyone and can't wait for Ridleys Prometheus (Time is going to slowly)

Cheers

Alex  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed