Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 156,235 times)

Andrea90

Andrea90

It will take place obviously where it takes place in the book. With the blue screen they can remake all the environment around.
So they are shooting the duel.  ::)

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 03, 2020, 04:19:06 PM
Fighting in the forest? Kingdom of Heaven vibe.

Some ambush or something like that i think. Maybe during english campaign.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It seems like the plot will focus a lot on the English campaign (I might be totally wrong) which makes sense from the cinematic (battle and so on) and character building (Jean de Carrouges) point of view.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently the duel scenes were already shot 2 weeks ago at Ashford Studios. The two photos from Ingwar and myself were taken on 14 September 2020.

QuoteMore about The Last Duel from an extra who was on set!

-Duel scene shot 2 wks ago
-Adam Driver rides a black horse in full armor
-Shoulder length hair (like Clyde Star-struck)
-Blue armor details, Matt Damon has red armor details

The village scene will be shot on Monday:

Andrea90

Andrea90

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 03, 2020, 04:27:39 PM
It seems like the plot will focus a lot on the English campaign (I might be totally wrong) which makes sense from the cinematic (battle and so on) and character building (Jean de Carrouges) point of view.

I totally agree. I hope so.
Probably the rape will be set while Carrouge is in England, instead Paris (i think the voyage to Paris will be deleted in the film).
Will Damon have long beard in the duel? Or like the beard he has these days?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar reckons so as well.  ;D

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 23, 2019, 09:07:44 PM
When it comes to than summary it might be in the movie (if it happens) as they will probably shorten the story to make it more dramatic.

Spoiler
Carrouges fighting in Scotland while his wife being raped is better option than him travelling to Paris to collect some money.
[close]

Andrea90

In a film i think there is not time for that travel. Better option while he's in Scotland in fact. ;D

I think this film will not start with a battle, but the first part will focus on the "friendship" between Carrouges and Le Gris, then we could have the campaign and then the trial by combat.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The first scene they filmed was the wedding scene between de Carrouges and Marguerite so they might start with that even though films are not usually shot chronologically.

Starting with a battle might be a bit odd timeline-wise. It will probably have a slow start like the Kingdom of Heaven DC.

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 03, 2020, 06:08:29 PM
Apparently the duel scenes were already shot 2 weeks ago at Ashford Studios. The two photos from Ingwar and myself were taken on 14 September 2020.

This is indeed true.
They are waaaaaaay ahead of schedule in general. They will definitely be finishing up early.

Andrea90

So what are the scenes we know they have shot? So we can rebuilt the film in some way.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

From what I can remember:

-The wedding scene
- de Carrouges and his retinue of squires departing his castle on horseback in full armor (probably leaving for Scotland)
-A market square scene (cannot recall this from the book)
-Le Gris and de Carrouges at a meeting in Count Pierre's pavilion/tent outside his castle
-A scene shot inside an abbey (cannot recall this either)
-The epic last duel scene
-The feast and reconciliation between Le Gris and de Carrouges at Crespin's castle
-An English or Scottish village scene that starts filming tomorrow

QuoteReady for tomorrow....

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 04, 2020, 01:27:35 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 03, 2020, 06:08:29 PM

This is indeed true.
They are waaaaaaay ahead of schedule in general. They will definitely be finishing up early.

Good to hear that all the constant testing and other covid precautions haven't tripped them up timewise.

Andrea90

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 04, 2020, 04:04:20 PM
From what I can remember:
-The wedding scene
- de Carrouges and his retinue of squires departing his castle on horseback in full armor (probably leaving for Scotland)
-A market square scene (cannot recall this from the book)
-Le Gris and de Carrouges at a meeting in Count Pierre's pavilion/tent outside his castle
-A scene shot inside an abbey (cannot recall this either)
-The epic last duel scene
-The feast and reconciliation between Le Gris and de Carrouges at Crespin's castle
-An English or Scottish village scene that starts filming tomorrow

Mmmm...very interesting.
So i think the film takes 2 hours and 20 minutes, mayby 30. I don't think it will be just 2 hours.
First part: marriage, the meeting in Count Pierre's tent, feast and reconcilliation
Second part: Scottish campaign, scottish or england village scene, return in France
Third part: trial and duel.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Andrea90 on Oct 03, 2020, 06:27:41 PM
In a film i think there is not time for that travel. Better option while he's in Scotland in fact. ;D

I think this film will not start with a battle, but the first part will focus on the "friendship" between Carrouges and Le Gris, then we could have the campaign and then the trial by combat.
Interesting. No big battle?. Ridley Scott opens his Epics with a big battle scene in the past: ROBIN HOOD, EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS and GLADIATOR

T Dog

No I think it opens with the duel and then jumps back in time.

Andrea90

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Oct 04, 2020, 05:15:57 PM

Interesting. No big battle?. Ridley Scott opens his Epics with a big battle scene in the past: ROBIN HOOD, EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS and GLADIATOR

KOH doesn't start with a battle, for example. This film is very different from Exodus and Robin Hood, there is a book to follow.

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 04, 2020, 09:46:55 PM

Like the book, you say.
Mmm..i don't think so, but it could be.

T Dog

Quote from: Andrea90 on Oct 04, 2020, 10:05:43 PM
Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Oct 04, 2020, 05:15:57 PM

KOH doesn't start with a battle, for example. This film is very different from Exodus and Robin Hood, there is a book to follow.

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 04, 2020, 09:46:55 PM

Like the book, you say.
Mmm..i don't think so, but it could be.

I'm fairly confident that's what they are doing ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed