Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 69,885 times)

SM

SM

Couldn't care less about multiplayer.  It does however often seem to extend a games life though.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

When you bring in multiplayer, the fear factor goes right out the window. I'm really happy that the emphasis of this game is squarely on terror, as it should be.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Lie on Jan 10, 2014, 05:03:13 PM
Im sorry but no, SEGA has burned a whole in my heart from which I can not, I will not, I will never feel excitement for an Alien game under their name.

Lol, well regardless of recent failures in our beloved franchise, Sega has produced two Aliens games that were quite well-liked (at least to my knowledge); Aliens: Extermination and Aliens: Infestation, regrettably neither were produced for consoles that actually gave them critical attention.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 12, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
When you bring in multiplayer, the fear factor goes right out the window. I'm really happy that the emphasis of this game is squarely on terror, as it should be.

There were times in Rebellion's original AvP where MP was as terrifying as the campaign.

Gate

Gate

Aliens versus Predator 2 was pretty scary...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PMThere were times in Rebellion's original AvP where MP was as terrifying as the campaign.
Even the multilayer in the 2010 AVP was scary as hell at times (when it worked), for the Marine at least.

Still, the style this game is going for doesn't seem like it would fit in a multiplayer format to me. I'm glad their focusing on a good singleplayer experience, there aren't enough games that do that these days.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PM
There were times in Rebellion's original AvP where MP was as terrifying as the campaign.

That was one of the BEST parts of the game, sadly you never see the same depth of terror and suspense in mp games anymore, it's all about shooting people which gets repetitive and tedious after awhile.

SiL

SiL

I'm fine with just single player, I just think a co-operative track-the-Alien experience could've been rad.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think MP DOES expand the replay value of games.

Even games based on the SP experience like Last of Us has a decent multiplayer component to explore.  Not to mention that while I wouldn't say its "scary" the mp can be pretty intense for that game when your the last man alive and you have three or so enemies left to take care of.  And those are "human" enemies.

Four people trying to take out or survive a player controlled Alien or an AI alien would be pretty cool imo.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Maybe they didn't program how the alien would react to multiple players.  Single player is absolutely fine, I'm happy they don't have two things to worry about.

If this game is successful we might get a sequel with MP, who knows.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 12, 2014, 09:34:31 PM
Maybe they didn't program how the alien would react to multiple players.  Single player is absolutely fine, I'm happy they don't have two things to worry about.

If this game is successful we might get a sequel with MP, who knows.
I realllllllly doubt that this game would get a sequel.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

How come? Creative Assembly got the greenlight for their game way before A: CM even came out.  Alien is popular enough to have survived this long, I don't see why they can't be making more games, especially if this one turns out well.

SM

SM

QuoteFour people trying to take out or survive a player controlled Alien or an AI alien would be pretty cool imo.

But who gets to go into the vent?

SiL

SiL

Maybe we draw straws.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 12, 2014, 09:44:28 PM
How come? Creative Assembly got the greenlight for their game way before A: CM even came out. 
Its good they got the greenlight before ACM came out  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed