The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 465,220 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pfft, there's more swag in Davos' fingertip bag than Stannis has in his whole body. :P

But really, I love the whole Stannis/Davos/Mel dynamic (even if I believe Mel is completely wrong about Stannis, but that's a whole different debate :P ) and how their individual stories progress from here on out.

MudButt

MudButt

I hate Mel. Stannis is badass though and so is Davos. Great characters.

Vakarian

Vakarian

So in regards to The Hound

Book Spoilers

Spoiler
Do you think he will return due to the theories of him possibly having survived his injuries and serving as the Novice Gravekeeper on the Quiet Isles?
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 16, 2014, 10:23:15 PM

Book Spoilers

Spoiler
Do you think he will return due to the theories of him possibly having survived his injuries and serving as the Novice Gravekeeper on the Quiet Isles?
[close]

My gut feeling is that -

Spoiler
when Aray leaves him to go her own ways, he's sort of fulfilled his purpose in the series, hasn't he? He doesn't really have a character arc of his own...
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Eva on Jun 16, 2014, 10:27:26 PM
Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 16, 2014, 10:23:15 PM

Book Spoilers

Spoiler
[close]

My gut feeling is that -

Spoiler
when Aray leaves him to go her own ways, he's sort of fulfilled his purpose in the series, hasn't he? He doesn't really have a character arc of his own...
[close]

There are theories...

Vakarian

Vakarian

Spoiler
Yeah I get that feeling also, but just because we don't see him die on screen or in the books, there's always that possibility. I just don't want a fellow Scotsman to be gone from the series.  :P :laugh:
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 16, 2014, 10:31:09 PM
Spoiler
Yeah I get that feeling also, but just because we don't see him die on screen or in the books, there's always that possibility. I just don't want a fellow Scotsman to be gone from the series.  :P :laugh:
[close]
Spoiler
As a quarter scottie I feel your pain...a quarter of it anyway.
Though a lot of the time if you don't see them die, they're not dead. Have you also heard of the Cleganebowl theory?
[close]

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 16, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Though a lot of the time if you don't see them die, they're not dead. Have you also heard of the Cleganebowl theory?
[close]

Nah I've not heard that theory at all, sounds like a sort of tournament.  :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 16, 2014, 10:40:22 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Nah I've not heard that theory at all, sounds like a sort of tournament.  :laugh:

Pretty much is!
Spoiler
Essentially, Cersei picks 'Ser Robert Strong' (reanimated and possibly headless Gregor) as her champion. The Faith pick their new gravedigger, the Hound, and the Clegane Brothers finally get a final showdown.  8)
[close]

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 16, 2014, 10:42:37 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Pretty much is!
Spoiler
Essentially, Cersei picks 'Ser Robert Strong' (reanimated and possibly headless Gregor) as her champion. The Faith pick their new gravedigger, the Hound, and the Clegane Brothers finally get a final showdown.  8)
[close]

The world wouldn't be able to handle the immense hype.  :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Vakarian on Jun 16, 2014, 10:44:40 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 16, 2014, 10:42:37 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Pretty much is!
Spoiler
[close]

The world wouldn't be able to handle the immense hype.  :laugh:

Spoiler
'GET HYPED' is often what follows the mention of it, along with 'f**king confirmed'  :laugh: :

[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
I don't think he's dead either.  But I don't know about the Cleganebowl.  The books are notorious for not getting leet people to fight each other.  Pretty much the show has to force the issue to make it happen.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Check this EXTREMELY BOOK SPOILERY article for some Hound talk.

Spoiler
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-why-no-lady-stoneheart/

I do hope he comes back, despite what the article says. While I was reading AFfC there was never a doubt in my mind that he was the gravedigger.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 11:15:20 PM

Spoiler

I do hope he comes back, despite what the article says. While I was reading AFfC there was never a doubt in my mind that he was the gravedigger.
[close]

Spoiler
I hope so too.
Also, hope they don't remove SH altogether.
But i think maybe she'll be used as the opening to S5?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 16, 2014, 11:17:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 11:15:20 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I hope so too.
Also, hope they don't remove SH altogether.
But i think maybe she'll be used as the opening to S5?
[close]

Spoiler
I could see it being the S5 opening, but it felt like it was tailor made for a perfect season finale image. I would have been willing to bet money that it would have happened this season. And then there was that overly long pause before the credits... I was sure we were going to get it. :-\

maybe they'll save it so that the Brienne encounter is the first time we see her?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed