The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 465,205 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Dayne on May 01, 2014, 04:28:53 PM
Perhaps, but I think they said they would grab certain parts from AFfC and ADwD this season.

They've already started using AFFC stuff, and Dany is entering ADWD material from episode 6 onwards. Bran's story will be ADWD material too, nearer the close of the season.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Valaquen on May 02, 2014, 01:11:59 PM
Perhaps, but I think they said they would grab certain parts from AFfC and ADwD this season.

They've already started using AFFC stuff, and Dany is entering ADWD material from episode 6 onwards. Bran's story will be ADWD material too, nearer the close of the season.

They seem to be stalling with Bran right now with the Karl / Locke thing going on.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenodog on May 02, 2014, 01:15:02 PM

They seem to be stalling with Bran right now with the Karl / Locke thing going on.

That'll be resolved within an episode. Bran doesn't do anything else in the book but walk, walk, stop, walk, walk... I guarantee by the end of the season we'll be right in ADWD territory regarding his situation.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Valaquen on May 02, 2014, 01:32:44 PM

That'll be resolved within an episode. Bran doesn't do anything else in the book but walk, walk, stop, walk, walk... I guarantee by the end of the season we'll be right in ADWD territory regarding his situation.

Well, itst Hodor actually doing all the walking  :P

Unless you be spoiling stuff from the book  :o lol

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Valaquen on May 02, 2014, 01:32:44 PM

I'm unsure.
Karl maybe, but Locke?
We'll see...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 02, 2014, 02:03:00 PM
Well, itst Hodor actually doing all the walking  :P

Unless you be spoiling stuff from the book  :o lol

No, no  :laugh: No spoilers here!

Quotebut Locke?

I have a theory but it's an incredible spoiler if you haven't read the books.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on May 02, 2014, 03:50:11 PM
Quotebut Locke?

Is it...

Spoiler
[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
...a knife in the back of Jon Snow?
[close]
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Dayne on May 02, 2014, 03:55:37 PM
Quotebut Locke?

Is it...

Spoiler
[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Aye!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I was thinking the same when he popped up.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Valaquen on May 02, 2014, 04:12:07 PM
Quote from: Dayne on May 02, 2014, 03:55:37 PM
Quotebut Locke?

Is it...

Spoiler
[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Aye!

Same! Locke seems to be a merging of various small characters...i think he'll be sticking around.
(Really ballsed up a quote up there too.  :laugh: )

Shasvre

Shasvre

Locke could be a sympathetic character, if we didn't already know he' such a dick. :D

I'm glad we got to see Slynt on the Wall as well. For some reason I expected them to skip that part.

Spoiler
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Laufey on May 03, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

That poster is tight.

Hey wait, Laufey is Laufey again lmao. Well cool!

And

Spoiler
Book spoiler
Spoiler
I really, really hope that doesn't happen to Jon. Doesn't he end up wounded badly by his own men in the end of ADWD? But his death is left open, iirc. If they kill Jon, my motivation to continue watching the show will plummet dramatically, and I don't think I'm alone there.
[close]
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 03, 2014, 11:44:30 PM
And

Spoiler
Book spoiler
Spoiler
I really, really hope that doesn't happen to Jon. Doesn't he end up wounded badly by his own men in the end of ADWD? But his death is left open, iirc. If they kill Jon, my motivation to continue watching the show will plummet dramatically, and I don't think I'm alone there.
[close]
[close]

Huge book spoiler:

Spoiler
Personally, I think that Jon is dead. That being said, I don't think that he is going to stay dead.

We know from Thoros, eric, and Catelyn that R'Hollor (or, if R'Hollor isn't real, the magic/sorcery that the red priests use) can bring people back to life in some form or another, and Melisandre is at the Wall with Jon.

I think it goes a step further, though. Melisandre seems to believe that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but I think that Jon is a much more likely candidate. Maybe through his "death" he will fulfill that prophecy and be reborn.

The Night's Watch oath is for life, and if Jon dies and comes back then, technically, he should be free of that oath. He can go do what he has to do without acting within the confines of the Watch.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

^yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed