The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 465,052 times)

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 05, 2013, 11:01:58 PM
How any books are there?i was at Walmart and saw a 4 pack that cost 20 bucks.

You can get the hardcover now for "A Dance with Dragons" or the paperback is due out soon...as in it was pushed back to coinside with the season 2 dvd release and the begining of Season 3 on HBO.

Book 6, "Winds of Winter", is due out sometime between 2015 and never.  Did I mention the plan is for 7 books?  :laugh:  :-\

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Eva on Mar 05, 2013, 11:05:38 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 05, 2013, 10:49:13 PM
Quote from: Eva on Mar 05, 2013, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 05, 2013, 10:35:01 PM
... the books are written in a first-person narrative?

Yep. From start to end - the one's I've read sofar.
... don't you mean third-person?

I checked up on it and yes you're right - it's called third person narration, not first person. In the case of these books, it would be called a 'limited' third person narrative. I mistook that for first person blargh :P
I thought you had access to something I didn't  ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Season 2 Blu-Ray arrived today and I just watched the commentaries with Theon/Yara and Sansa/Arya/Bran. Good stuff, even though the one with Alfie and Gemma could have used another person, as it slowed down from time to time.

While wer're on the subject, I know there's been a lot of talk about Yara's look for the show and that Gemma is somehow too ugly for the character. Absolute bullshit, in my opinion. There's something about her I can't quite put my finger on that I actually find very irresistible about her (or her character). But maybe that's just me.

m41guy

m41guy

I agree with you there...It's like a "You're not my type but there's something VERY attractive/intriguing about you" thing.  Must be the confidence she has that Theon doesn't. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: m41guy on Mar 06, 2013, 03:06:35 AM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 05, 2013, 11:01:58 PM
How any books are there?i was at Walmart and saw a 4 pack that cost 20 bucks.

You can get the hardcover now for "A Dance with Dragons" or the paperback is due out soon...as in it was pushed back to coinside with the season 2 dvd release and the begining of Season 3 on HBO.

Book 6, "Winds of Winter", is due out sometime between 2015 and never.  Did I mention the plan is for 7 books?  :laugh:  :-\
The paperback's been out here (UK) for months. It's got a chapter from The Winds of Winter in it too.

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 07, 2013, 05:11:59 PM
The Season 2 Blu-Ray arrived today and I just watched the commentaries with Theon/Yara and Sansa/Arya/Bran. Good stuff, even though the one with Alfie and Gemma could have used another person, as it slowed down from time to time.

While wer're on the subject, I know there's been a lot of talk about Yara's look for the show and that Gemma is somehow too ugly for the character. Absolute bullshit, in my opinion. There's something about her I can't quite put my finger on that I actually find very irresistible about her (or her character). But maybe that's just me.
Rewatching it now on BD. She's perfect for the role.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Agree as well. Sure she's not a stunning beauty, but she's got that personality and confidence that makes her have a certain glow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFwFzLFzLkM#ws

Rick Grimes

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm not.

TheLoon

TheLoon

wait till you get to the Dinklage Headey and Marshall one for Blackwater...it's outstanding, Lena and Dinklage are hilarious together

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Stark kids are hilarious too. Very mature for their age.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 08, 2013, 06:08:44 PM
Stark kids are hilarious too. Very mature for their age.

I liked their beat for the intro. 8)

Speaking of the kids, I wonder if they were forced to fast foward through the sex scenes or if it was their own choice. Because they had no problem commenting on the scenes where people were butchered left and right. :laugh:

Quote from: TheLoon on Mar 08, 2013, 04:53:28 PMwait till you get to the Dinklage Headey and Marshall one for Blackwater...it's outstanding, Lena and Dinklage are hilarious together

Can't wait to get to that one. :)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 08, 2013, 06:38:00 PM
I liked their beat for the intro. 8)

Speaking of the kids, I wonder if they were forced to fast foward through the sex scenes or if it was their own choice. Because they had no problem commenting on the scenes where people were butchered left and right. :laugh:

I'm guessing it was HBO/parents. Society seems to think its ok for kids to see graphic violence but not sex.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just watched the Season 3 trailer again and noticed some things I didn't see the first times. For example...

Spoiler
There were some shots of Jon and Ygritte south of the wall, which probably means...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
That she will die this season. :'(
[close]
[close]

Also, does anyone know what this place is? I don't recognize it from previous seasons.

I suppose it could be Dragonstone.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

It's Dragonstone. Noticed that building in the background during the burning of the Seven.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed