Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 160,706 times)

OESTEY

OESTEY

I agree completely with everything you said in your post and this is the ALIEN film.

Aliens took away the nightmarish quality they had and the beast lost its aura and allure, as for the rest of the films well I would rather forget them like they never existed.

When I was a boy I watched Alien and I had nightmares I want the same to happen again.  From what I have read and seen from Ridders is that Prometheus will be haunting "The film will be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon"

7 months 9 days to go

oestey

azrael55

azrael55

hm, got a theory about a lot of people saying the SJ ship in the prometheus trailer is not the derelict ("can't be, because it looks like a totally different planet and the SJ was fossilised in Alien")...

maybe, as some kind of sideeffect of the crash, the planet gets terraformed in the "wrong way". Maybe LV426 used to be a paradise-like planet and when the derelict crashes something in the ship causes the planet to turn into what we've all seen in Alien. I mean, Scott has mentioned that terraforming would be one of the themes of the movie, maybe just not the way we thought. And maybe the big sacrifice that was spoken of is that one of the crew members makes the derelict crash on LV426 rather than on earth.

this being said, I would rather not have such a big connection between Prometheus and Alien. Same universe, same creatures (SJs not Aliens) is enough for me.

ThisBethesdaSea

Engineer1 is just conjecturing....no one has seen the film...NO ONE (aside from Ridley and select Fox people, etc...)

Glaive

Glaive

...and if certain spoilers are EVEN in the LEAST bit accurate, we should STOP calling it 'terraforming' and START calling it 'Forming-Terra'... ;D

szkoki

szkoki

I was wondering about that no one  :o is curious about what Elizabeth was wrong and why does she says im sorry  ???  ???

by the way i have found this on imdb :D

Patrick Wilson  ...  Cocooned man 

???  What a role!? They just find an unkown cocooned man or the name of the charachter has not been revealed yet? If the second one is the truth where did imdb see a cocooned man ???  :o

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 29, 2011, 08:43:12 PM
Engineer1 is just conjecturing....no one has seen the film...NO ONE (aside from Ridley and select Fox people, etc...)

It's obvious and unnecessary to point out.

Quote from: szkoki on Nov 29, 2011, 09:30:00 PM
I was wondering about that no one  :o is curious about what Elizabeth was wrong and why does she says im sorry  ???  ???

The mission must have went wrong, of course.  ;)  And I don't think they would have Patrick Wilson there just to be a cocooned man.  They could have hired any actor for that role.  IMDB is not reliable enough for me.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: OESTEY on Nov 29, 2011, 08:34:07 PM

When I was a boy I watched Alien and I had nightmares I want the same to happen again.  From what I have read and seen from Ridders is that Prometheus will be haunting "The film will be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon"

7 months 9 days to go

oestey

Didnt Ridley say this when he intended the movie to have an 18 certificate and before Lindelof was on board ?

supperdup

supperdup

Does someone have the first leaked trailer saved on their hard drive? Its the 19 second long version. It was still in youtube yesterday and I meant to copy it but ofcourse now when I go, I cant find it.

If someone can private message or post it here somehow by uploading it somewhere, thanks a lot.

Glaive

Glaive

I can already SEE the reviews, if they are based on the current rumours...God, HELP US ALL!!!

""If I needed to give a one-word summary of this flick, it would be,,,
"TERROR-FORMING!!!..."

By LUCY CONNOLLY, The Sun"

Glaive

OESTEY

OESTEY

Quote from: JKS1 on Nov 29, 2011, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: OESTEY on Nov 29, 2011, 08:34:07 PM

7 months 9 days to go

oestey

Didnt Ridley say this when he intended the movie to have an 18 certificate and before Lindelof was on board ?

At the comic con interview with Lindelof he did say there will be  pg 13 and an 18 cert he will submit to Fox.  If the pg 13 goes on general release Im sure some day we will see an 18 cert to follow.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Fixed some dodgy quote mishaps, there :)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 29, 2011, 06:20:35 PMAn odd claim to make, considering that in every script, storyboard, and even in the final film ... the Alien is expelled and killed.

Yeah, you make a fine point... I was being a tad over dramatic  :-[

Still, Ripley didn't knock the alien on the head or stick a shotgun in its mouth. She outsmarted it, and only just barely. It never sat well with me that guns could kill it. By allowing that you demote the alien to cannon fodder and then need vast numbers of them for there to be any major threat... or a bigger, nastier alien Queen, which then further nerfs the original monster by limiting its ability to procreate. It makes for a great movie, but ultimately fouls up the alien concept from the original film IMO. O'Bannon's alien was doomed the second James Cameron thought to put guns in his sequel.

Regarding origins, wasn't it O'Bannon's original idea that the alien we saw in the movie was just an adolescent of an advanced race that would, after going through its aggressive 'reptilian' stage, evolve into something reasonable and civilized? The Space Jockey was just some poor sod who stumbled upon its eggs. Not sure what Scott thought of this idea - I remember that on one of the commentaries he talks about the Derelict as 'bomber' with the aliens as 'bombs'; the alien integrating itself into a population, eventually completely replacing it. This infers that the Space Jockey somehow 'owns' the species, having either created or enslaved it.

I always preferred O'Bannon's take on it. Much weirder and - in true Alien tradition - just that little bit wrong;)

-Chris.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed